Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: National CC

(Butler County)

Default National CC

What's the chance we will ever get NATIONAL CC permits? One that every state had to honor. Sure make interstate travel a lot less worrisome.
    Wouldn't that be nice? Is it possible?

(Jefferson County)

Default Re: National CC

None, never ever, will you have a national license or permit...

The federal government does not have the constitution authority to issue a license like that. Nowhere in Article I does it grant the federal government the power to make such a law.

They can however force states to honor the individual right to keep and bear arms once it is ruled to be incorporated or is reserve entirely to the people. Until it is found to incorporated or reserved, the states can limit carrying and possession as they see fit. If it is found to be reserved to the people, all state laws can be shit-canned.
    RIP: SFN, 1861, twoeggsup, Lambo, jamesjo, JayBell, 32 Magnum, Pro2A, mrwildroot, dregan, Frenchy, Fragger, ungawa, Mtn Jack, Grapeshot, R.W.J., PennsyPlinker, Statkowski, Deanimator, roland, aubie515

Don't end up in my signature!

(Butler County)

Quote Originally Posted by knight0334 View Post

The federal government does not have the constitution authority to issue a license like that. Nowhere in Article I does it grant the federal government the power to make such a law.

They can however force states to honor the individual right to keep and bear arms once it is ruled to be incorporated or is reserve entirely to the people. Until it is found to incorporated or reserved, the states can limit carrying and possession as they see fit. If it is found to be reserved to the people, all state laws can be shit-canned.
    If our Federal Government actually respected our Constitution, I believe they not only would have the power, but they would have the responsibility & duty to make our states respect our right to bear arms guaranteed by our 2nd Amendment. Hell, then we'd still be able to strap our favorite weapon to our belt, let alone conceal it.

Kutter

(Franklin County)

Also, if we would allow the government to allow us to a National CC. That would be another thing they could regulate in regards to the 2A.

Less Government= Better.

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by knight0334 View Post

The federal government can force states to recognize licenses issued in other states. Take the practice of drivers licenses being recognized outside of the state issued. It is not practical for a federal license to carry. However, if the same principals used to validate drivers licenses, marriage licenses etc in other states, why not use it for carry permits?
    Join the groups protecting your rights from the fools trying to take them from you!

(Lebanon County)

Quote Originally Posted by Steve_NEPhila View Post
    The federal government can force states to recognize licenses issued in other states. Take the practice of drivers licenses being recognized outside of the state issued. It is not practical for a federal license to carry. However, if the same principals used to validate drivers licenses, marriage licenses etc in other states, why not use it for carry permits?
    It's already been tried and failed, Thanks to Sphincter and Casey who voted down the amendment fro global reciprocity, so next is try revamp the system. That is a lot bigger than a Driver's license. In order for that kind of thing to happen, you NEED buy-in from the states.. Now since PA has 0 Training requirement for a license, other states have x hours of class room, and x hours range/ proficiency, and still others have NO License at all,we have to find a "common ground" for buy-in. (that's how this works) Now it's most likely, those with no license will be told they have to issue something, or accept everything, and those like PA with out a training requirement will be told to come up to par, not to mention Alaska and Vermont who don't require licenses.

So while it would have been nice to have the amendment of everyone recognize everyone else's license, anything the Government has authority to license, it has the authority to modify the requirements for. Anything they can modify they can effectively destroy. Not to neglect, but once permission is require, it's no longer a right, it's a privilege.

(Delaware County)

The government should establish a national LTCF.
    Then they should do what they do best, charge $500 for an individual to get said license.
    How much money would be generated in revenue?
    Probably enough to pass universal health care...
    Or properly fund schools.

I'd pay for it.

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by theshadow View Post
    but once permission is require, it's no longer a right, it's a privilege.
    This speaks volumes in few words. Granting the Gov't control over a right dilutes it down to a privilege. This is the farthest thing from the intention of the Founders and the specific wording of the Constitution. Our Second Amendment rights and likewise our right as Pennsylvanians under Article 1 Section 21 of the PA Constitution are intended to be above the Gov't, not subservient to it's whims.
    It's also much better to be an evicted survivor than an obedient corpse. -GunLawyer001

(Cumberland County)

Quote Originally Posted by mredder351 View Post
    The government should establish a national LTCF.
    Then they should do what they do best, charge $500 for an individual to get said license.
    How much money would be generated in revenue?
    Probably enough to pass universal health care...
    Or properly fund schools.

I'd pay for it.
    That has to be the craziest thing I have seen here! While were at it, why not have them issue you a "License To Speak" for a grand so you can exercise your 1st Amendment rights to say stupid crap like that! Then send the money to me so I can buy a new Sig.

I'd be happy if it was just the States that do issue. Almost happened there this year. We had a couple of RINO's blow that for us. It fell 2 votes short. Majority vote was 58 for, it needed 60. Bunch of crap if you ask me. Political backroom stuff.
    The answer to a fool is silence.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast