Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Springfield EMP

(Bucks County)

Default Re: Springfield EMP

Hate to keep bringing this up but has anyone else had the chance to shoot the SA EMP? This is one nice firearm and I think if you shoot one, you want one...Mike45

(Bucks County)

HEY MIKE You know I am always selling - I need to get my dog out of the pawn shop - so far I have thrown 700 rounds with one jam - I was accussed of limp wristing - it was a cough. MARK

(Bucks County)

Hey Mark,You are always selling, we all know that. I think we should bail your pooch out of the pawn shop and trade him for you. You almost got me sold on the EMP. You shouldn't have mentioned the one cough. I know you didn't limp wrist. See you soon...Mike45

(Philadelphia County)

Looks quite a bit like my 2-tone lightweight micro-compact. (My favorite carry gun-handsome, accurate and reliable.)
    I'm sure it will feel much different being slightly lighter and having an even smaller grip. But if my micro can be relied on as a measure, it should be a great one! I think I will wait for a 4" or 5" but will definitely be in when they're ready.
    Be Safe,
    Jim

Quote Originally Posted by Mike45 View Post
    Hate to keep bringing this up but has anyone else had the chance to shoot the SA EMP? This is one nice firearm and I think if you shoot one, you want one...Mike45
    For what it's worth, Mike45, I've now put 850 rounds through my EMP, ball and JHP. It worked without a hiccup for the first 300 or so, and then went through a phase where the slide jammed several times (I had to tap it forward) and I had quite a few FTFs. I then tried some defense rounds and the Hyrdraskoks worked without a problem. However when I feed the EMP a diet of Hornady 147gr TAP's it doesn't like them at all and I get FTF's every other round or so. So I moved on, stuck with the Hydrashoks, and now it's faultless with Ball and my defense round of choice - heck you stick with what works!
    I'm new to short barrels, but wow is this thing accurate - and now I'm gripping it right it shoots point of aim - it's an unbelievably good piece of work! By the way my Serial No is in the 2** range - don't know if that's in the first production run or what.

Chris

(Bucks County)

cro45, I too was impressed with how accurate the EMP is. The one I handled had a serial number in the 3** range. The owner's wife encouraged him to make the purchase. What a woman! Mike45

Wow Mike45, I wish my wife would encourage me like that! Just got back from the range and what d'ya know - I tried again with the remainder of the box I had of that Hornady TAP that wouldn't feed several hundred rounds back, and it fed just fine - so I shelled out (excuse the pun) and put 50 more rounds of it through, all without incident - so I guess the EMP just needed some more breaking in, and it shoots faultlessly right now.

(Bucks County)

cro45, Glad to hear you worked through the fussy ammo thing. Being new, there are not many reports out yet on the EMP and your 1000+ round test seems to be the best report yet...thanks...Mike45

(Bucks County)

CRO45 - Do you mean a failure to feed or a failure to fire ? I would be interested in how the primers were hit on the Hornady 147 grain ammo - if I am right that particular ammo has what I would call a hard primer - are the primers center hit - how does the throating on the breech face look - how about the mag spring - I have run Federal + P and a mixture of Hollow points also with no problems so far - I also have been cleaning the gun which I dont also do when I torture test - -------------- Interested in what other grips may fit this gun - any suggestions - already having a custom holster to fit this gun -------- Mark

Quote Originally Posted by Mark McDermott View Post
    CRO45 - Do you mean a failure to feed or a failure to fire ? I would be interested in how the primers were hit on the Hornady 147 grain ammo - ... - how does the throating on the breech face look - how about the mag spring --------------- Interested in what other grips may fit this gun - any suggestions - already having a custom holster to fit this gun -------- Mark
    Mark,

Failure to FEED (not fire), although I think I did notice that the primers were hit slightly off center - but I'll check this again, next time on the range. Throating looks good, mag spring is fine, but I've started to use a tad more lubrication than on my Series 80 5" Colt Combat Commader - which the EMP seems to like. I just got, and am trying, a Galco Concelable holster, specified for a 3" Springer and it fits great - to me and the gun! But it's early days yet. As for Grips - no experience here, and personally I like what SA specs, as the EMP really fits my hand well, which first got my attention when I first saw and tried the gun. It just FEELS good!

The more I shoot it, the more I like it and the accuracy is astrounding! But I still haven't finalized my ammo comfort level for defence ammo. Jury's still out!

Chris

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast