Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 23 1234511 ... LastLast
    (Lackawanna County)

Default Encounter tonight at Walmart

I stopped at Walmart to kill some time before dinner and I was over in the gun section snooping around and a guy says hey can someone give me a hand with my pistol I got think I got a problem. So I walked over because the one guy is a moron to the 90th power. I asked him what the problem be and he said well I just got this glock .45 (30) and take a look at these bullets. I thought he was going to hand me a spent shell that was messed up or some deformed rounds. What he handed me was a .45 fmj and .45 winchester silver tip. He said when he put the silver tips in they didn't sit right in the mag. So I asked him what kind of gun he had and he said the glock .45....well which one? Can I see it?

So we step to the side and he has it in his inside pocket of his coat. I look at it and I see its the 30 and ask to see the shells and I look at the bottom of the WST and its the .45 GAP round. I tried to explain to him the best I could what the GAP round was because I don't know too too much about it. But the question remained could he fire the GAP rounds through the 30. I was pretty sure you can not and told him that and he wasn't understanding and was pretty bummed so I looked it up on my phone and lol I don't know what site it was but it said "ONLY SHOOT WHAT IT SAYS ON THE SIDE OF THE GUN PERIOD" and I looked a bit further and I explained a bit more about the round I was neglecting.

After he saw me OCing my SW .38 he started to believe me a bit more and did not know you could do that. The funny thing was he was a retired Scranton police officer of 15 years lol I felt bad because he bought the GAP rounds at Gander Mountain for 60 bucks and he can't use them and I know their policy is no returns on ammo. He said that he wanted hollow point or self defense .45 rounds and that's what they gave him and told him he needed. I don't know how much he knows about guns or .45s so ACP or GAP would look like greek to a commoner.

Very nice guy and thanked me up down and around because he was going to fire some through the new gun and I didn't research it to much but I think can blow the gun up? I didn't have any flyers on me but I wrote down the site on piece of paper and said if they don't take them back maybe you could sell them here an look around for a while.

thats my story...sorry to disappoint my "fans" haha

Default Re: Encounter tonight at Walmart

Good thing you noticed the 45 GAP rounds. He could have a big problem if he had to use the gun in a defensive situation.

(Lackawanna County)

Quote Originally Posted by Mosinshooter762 View Post
    Good thing you noticed the 45 GAP rounds. He could have a big problem if he had to use the gun in a defensive situation.
    Yeah I didn't think of that until later. I don't know what happens when barrels and the rest of guns explode but I was more worried about the guy losing his hand or death an people around him.

(Montgomery County)

Two things:

Great save. That could have been a very serious problem for the former LEO.

I still have no idea why the .45 GAP exists. I am guessing Gaston wanted his name on something. How about the .45 PA, a necked down 40mm grenade casing to .45 cal for defense???

Kudos for rocking out a wheel gun.
    Join the groups protecting your rights from the fools trying to take them from you!

(Mercer County)

Quote Originally Posted by mickey01023 View Post
    So I asked him what kind of gun he had and he said the glock .45....well which one? Can I see it?
    If I'm reading your story correctly, you asked him to pull out the gun in the store? I hope what you meant was "magazine" and he just happened to be carrying a spare one...

If not...wow.
    Nine out of ten moderators approve of this post!

(Indiana County)

Who wudda thunk, a retired cop not knowing anything about firearms, especially his own.

(Dauphin County)

ya an ex cop not knowing what ammo to use ??? and carrying in his pocket and not a holster ?? WOW, just WOW !
    Tigers love pepper, they don't like cinnamon !

(Luzerne County)

Quote Originally Posted by Statkowski View Post
    Who wudda thunk, a retired cop not knowing anything about firearms, especially his own.
    First thing through my mind.

Kudos for him not shooting himself in the foot.

(Northampton County)

Yeah, I was a little disappointed. But after reading it, I am not exactly sure what happened, so I am still holding out hope

Glad you could help the guy out. Don't handle sidearms in Walmart.

(York County)

Talking Re: Encounter tonight at Walmart

I stopped at Walmart to kill some time before dinner and I was over in the gun section snooping around and a guy says hey can someone give me a hand with my pistol I got think I got a problem. So I walked over because the one guy is a moron to the 90th power. I asked him what the problem be and he said well I just got this glock .45 (30) and take a look at these bullets. I thought he was going to hand me a spent shell that was messed up or some deformed rounds. What he handed me was a .45 fmj and .45 winchester silver tip. He said when he put the silver tips in they didn't sit right in the mag. So I asked him what kind of gun he had and he said the glock .45....well which one? Can I see it?

So we step to the side and he has it in his inside pocket of his coat. I look at it and I see its the 30 and ask to see the shells and I look at the bottom of the WST and its the .45 GAP round. I tried to explain to him the best I could what the GAP round was because I don't know too too much about it. But the question remained could he fire the GAP rounds through the 30. I was pretty sure you can not and told him that and he wasn't understanding and was pretty bummed so I looked it up on my phone and lol I don't know what site it was but it said "ONLY SHOOT WHAT IT SAYS ON THE SIDE OF THE GUN PERIOD" and I looked a bit further and I explained a bit more about the round I was neglecting.

After he saw me OCing my SW .38 he started to believe me a bit more and did not know you could do that. The funny thing was he was a retired Scranton police officer of 15 years lol I felt bad because he bought the GAP rounds at Gander Mountain for 60 bucks and he can't use them and I know their policy is no returns on ammo. He said that he wanted hollow point or self defense .45 rounds and that's what they gave him and told him he needed. I don't know how much he knows about guns or .45s so ACP or GAP would look like greek to a commoner.

Very nice guy and thanked me up down and around because he was going to fire some through the new gun and I didn't research it to much but I think can blow the gun up? I didn't have any flyers on me but I wrote down the site on piece of paper and said if they don't take them back maybe you could sell them here an look around for a while.

Now that's funny I don't care who the hell you are!
    Rehab is for quitters!!

Page 1 of 23 1234511 ... LastLast