Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Default DILLON XL650 RING INDEXER

does anybody make a metal ring? i looked but couldnt find anything, all i found is "switch to hornaday" its the second one in 2000 rnds, and no, im not forcing anything, it took me 3 hours to load 700 rnds, so im going slow, it just wont tolerate two pounds of pressure.
    FJB

(Centre County)

Default Re: DILLON XL650 RING INDEXER

Give Dillion a call and explain what is happening. They may ask you a few questions to insure that everything is set right and your doing everything right. If they have been getting a lot of calls about this, they probably will change their design or the material they make it from. No matter what, they will send you a new one.
    Ron USAF Ret E-8 FFL01/SOT3 NRA Benefactor Member

(Lebanon County)

Quote Originally Posted by Xringshooter View Post
    Give Dillion a call and explain what is happening. They may ask you a few questions to insure that everything is set right and your doing everything right. If they have been getting a lot of calls about this, they probably will change their design or the material they make it from. No matter what, they will send you a new one.
    2nd that..

One of the best things you get when purchasing a Dillon press is the EXCELLENT cust service. Everytime I have heard of someone having an issue with a part, Dillon sent the the replacement ASAP and for free. They have some excellent people that understand the presses as well, so a lot of times they can help you instantly if its a press issue that needs tweaked.

Call the blue guys and see how customer service is done

oh, i hear ya... dillon is outstanding when it comes to customer relations. a friend of mine gave me the press (brand new un opened), i blew up the primer setup, called dillon, new primer setup was at my door in four days, for free. i have no problem with the service, its the plastic parts and the down time that pisses me off. if they made that part just a tad stronger, i think it would work.im calling them in the morning, im also going to call my friend from exell machine shop in the north east (phila) i want to see if he can make me the same part in aluminum..that would solve a lot of problems.
    FJB

(Lebanon County)

Just keep in mind it maybe made out of plastic to allow that piece to fail before another more important piece. I would be interested in hear what they say to check when they hear your problem.

I wish I could help but I have a 550