Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: OC of PAFOA!?!

Talking OC of PAFOA!?!

Mrs. Plinker and I were out running a few errands this evening, when she decided that we had not been to our very favorite Chinese restaurant for a long time. It is the Panda and Fish in Fogelsville. So we stopped there on the way home, sat at our usual table, and had a very quiet dinner, as is almost always the case.

Just as we were about to leave, three young men (I am getting so old to be using that phrase, aren't I?) came in and sat down at a table right next to us. As I stood to leave, I was putting on my jacket, and just happened to glance down. The one man with his back to me was using his phone to access the internet, and I saw the familiar pale blue of the PAFOA screen come up, along with the banner.

"Hey, that's that gun site, isn't it!?!"

"Yes sir, it is."

They all turned to look at me, so I gave them a big smile, and said, "yeah, I know. I am a member there. You might recognize my screen name."

"Why, you're the great and terrible PennsyPlinker!"

Well, it didn't exactly happen that way. To be a little more accurate, I said, I post as PennsyPlinker, to which the gentleman with the phone responded, "yeah, I recognize your screen name!" He then gave me his name, but with advanced age setting in, I had forgotten it by the time I got home and tended to the wild animals which live in our house with us. We exchanged a few more pleasantries, and I proudly displayed my pistol strapped on openly as an example of my bona fides, and then left them to their dinner.

So if you see this post sir, it was nice to meet you, and I hope you had an enjoyable dinner at the Panda and Fish!

(Lehigh County)

Talking Re: OC of PAFOA!?!

Its the age catching up with you Bill... happens to me more frequently now as well.

Default Re: OC of PAFOA!?!

LOL, was thinking about 'wonder how many poofa's' are wandering around cabela's today as we were there after visiting Dixon's and Eagle Arms
    Honesta Mors Turpi Vita Potior ~ 3%

(Lehigh County)

Talking Re: OC of PAFOA!?!

Oh, I was at Cabellas today from 4-6... out front with my son selling popcorn (ya did buy some didnt you tdyoung58?) with the scouts, but I wasnt OC... to darn cold! (I was CC though - right until we went inside at 6ish to shop a little

Quote Originally Posted by PennsyPlinker View Post
    "Why, you're the great and terrible PennsyPlinker!"

Well, it didn't exactly happen that way. To be a little more accurate, I said, I post as PennsyPlinker, to which the gentleman with the phone responded, "yeah, I recognize your screen name!" He then gave me his name, but with advanced age setting in, I had forgotten it by the time I got home and tended to the wild animals which live in our house with us.
    There you go AGAIN (and here's the old man curve ball cause the 'kids' wont get it) telling tales out of school.

(Northampton County)

Well that's an interesting sighting.

(Lancaster County)

i would be on PAFOA all the time but my crappy phone wont handle the site. i need a better phone.

(York County)

Quote Originally Posted by shadowcat187 View Post
    i would be on PAFOA all the time but my crappy phone wont handle the site. i need a better phone.

BlackBerry FTW! You ought to be able to pick up a Curve at damn good prices right about now. I'm on a number of forums with mine, and I don't even have to use the "mobile" oriented site, although some seem to pick it up automatically. The appearance is almost identical compared to a laptop or desktop.

While many claim to support the right, precious few support the practice.

pssh BB? HTC FTW..... PPC are the future....im on mine everywhere i go and have push internet so pafoa is always ready to go...its nice being able to open multiples of threads at once, on different tabs, and cross reference.

you have a windows computer? why not on your phone have windows mobile? then you can be like me and research anything on spot, and customize anything anyway...
    Last edited by beefcakeb0; October 18th, 2009 at 04:33 PM.

(Lackawanna County)

ahhh yes i am on my iphone internet constantly it has almost replaced my laptop! IMHO the iphone has the best running internet browser of any phone currently on the market.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast