Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 85 of 86 FirstFirst ... 3575818283848586 LastLast
    (Bucks County)

Default Re: READ FIRST: Where you CAN and CANNOT Carry weapons in the State of Pennsylvania

It seems like you were caught by an overzealous ranger. Years ago on a now defunct fishing forum someone was talking about spotting a park ranger hiding in the woods wearing camo and either had binoculars or a spotting scope and he was targeting the fisherman. Show me the man and I'll find a crime.
    Gotta stay awake, gotta try and shake off this creeping malaise

(Berks County)

Default Re: READ FIRST: Where you CAN and CANNOT Carry weapons in the State of Pennsylvania

This appears to have started as a simple mistake of hunting laws. I agree it has nothing to do with 2A rights.

You were 'on your way home from hunting', so you obviously had your license with you, but you lied, saying no. Like you already knew you made a mistake, but were trying to get out of it. If you were a warden and someone said they were on their way home from hunting, but didn't have their license, what would you think?

You had a bolt in your crossbow in your vehicle. I don't think that's any different than having a loaded rifle or shotgun in your vehicle, from game law perspective. That screams road hunting, regardless or you proximity to the vehicle. Again, if you were a warden, what would you think?

I believe if you had just continued your story with, 'crap I forgot and left the bolt in my crossbow,' you may have gotten a warning and been sent on your way.

Quote Originally Posted by HiImTodd View Post
    I was hunting spring gobbler with a crossbow and was about to just drive home after hunting and decided to take a drive to an old hot spot for turkey. I arrived at a gated road and pulled off so I didn't block the gate. I got out of my vehicle with nothing but a turkey call. Next thing I know a female game warden pulls in and gets out and says to me. " do you know it's illegal to seek game by the use of a vehicle?" I replied " what the f are you talking about? Everybody drives a vehicle to go hunting." At this point I knew she was looking for anything she could find and started questioning me and I asked if this was an investigation of some kind. She said she was just doing her job. She asked if I was hunting and I said no and that I was actually on my way home from hunting but turned up here to an old spot I knew there were turkeys. She asked if I had my license and I said no and started resisting to cooperate because I knew she was probing for a violation. She asked me what weapon I used. I said a crossbow. She asked to see it and I refused and she went up to my vehicle to look inside and I got in between her and my vehicle and told her she needed a search warrant. She said she didn't need one if she could look in my window and see a violation and she got in my personal space and I backed away and she saw my crossbow with a bolt in it. I appealed the fine of 300 dollars and lost after I defended myself with our state and our Nations constitution about shall not be questioned and shall not be infringed and told the judge that the oath is the only thing they promised to do after they were elected. I lost my appeal and wonder if it is worth appealing again. Thanks, Todd
    First of all you were being kind of a dick if you responded "WTF are you talking about?". You then tried to intimidate her when she went to look inside your vehicle window, which is totally legal. Then you had your crossbow loaded inside your vehicle, which is illegal. If you wouldn't have had it loaded, I think you would have been good to go. I understand you weren't road hunting and it's a pain in the ass to unload your crossbow, but I carry a bag target and always shoot mine before putting it in my car. I hunt in the Water Gap and there are Rangers all over the place. Any excuse they get, they will screw you over. Also, the constitution doesn't apply. Animals are more important than people apparently. I've been pulled over and made to remove my firearms and show they were unloaded at a Game Warden road block driving to hunting camp. No probable cause.
    Any vote for a third party is a vote for a Democrat. You are the enemy.

(Lancaster County)

This is a very informative thread. I just joined and look forward to being a part of the conversation. My question pertains to the Original Post. Is everything within that post still current? It looks like it was last updated back in 2017.

(Lycoming County)

Quote Originally Posted by no1hustler View Post
    This is a very informative thread. I just joined and look forward to being a part of the conversation. My question pertains to the Original Post. Is everything within that post still current? It looks like it was last updated back in 2017.
    I just reread it and it all seems to be current.

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by R L Suehr View Post
    I just reread it and it all seems to be current.
    Great, thank you for taking the time to check.

(Berks County)

Is it legal to carry on Schuylkill River Trail? The signs I saw said, *Loaded firearms prohibited on the trail*. The website says the same thing.

Below is from their website stating who owns it. Different sections appear to be owned by different parties. I wouldn*t think those owned by government entities could ban.

Who Owns the Schuylkill River Trail-

The Schuylkill River Trail was built, and is managed, by different organizations and municipalities. These groups include: Schuylkill River Development Corp. (Schuylkill Banks), Philadelphia Parks & Recreation, East Falls Development Corp., Manayunk Development Corp., Montgomery County, Valley Forge National Historical Park, Borough of Pottstown, Chester County, Borough of Phoenixville, Berks County, Schuylkill River Greenways NHA, Borough of Hamburg, and Schuylkill County.
    Let's not forget there are still species of tropical penguins living in the Galapagos.

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by donotknowme View Post
    Is it legal to carry on Schuylkill River Trail? The signs I saw said, *Loaded firearms prohibited on the trail*. The website says the same thing.

Below is from their website stating who owns it. Different sections appear to be owned by different parties. I wouldn*t think those owned by government entities could ban.

The Schuylkill River Trail was built, and is managed, by different organizations and municipalities. These groups include: Schuylkill River Development Corp. (Schuylkill Banks), Philadelphia Parks & Recreation, East Falls Development Corp., Manayunk Development Corp., Montgomery County, Valley Forge National Historical Park, Borough of Pottstown, Chester County, Borough of Phoenixville, Berks County, Schuylkill River Greenways NHA, Borough of Hamburg, and Schuylkill County.
    IANAL but concealed is concealed. I'm pretty sure that none of those places are illegal by statute but if Schuylkill River Development Co. is a private entity, they could tell you to leave, and if they do, you should. With all of the others, I would leave if ordered to do so but would document it and address it afterwards. (IANAL)
    Gender confusion is a mental illness

Boilerplate by their lawyers in case you DO have to shoot a goblin who asserts lethal intent (google "Schuylkill River Trail attacks" here and on the interwebz) then they can whine "we had signs up telling them NOT to do that!" when the goblin's NoK get an ambulance chaser looking for a wrongful death settlement.

You know what's also illegal on the Schuylkill River Trail? Murder, assault, rape, and theft. If you feel protected enough by those laws, that's up to you.

Page 85 of 86 FirstFirst ... 3575818283848586 LastLast