Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 84 of 86 FirstFirst ... 347480818283848586 LastLast
    (Lancaster County)

Default Re: READ FIRST: Where you CAN and CANNOT Carry weapons in the State of Pennsylvania

My question is about "Unloaded long guns may be transported throughout the state without a license,... Loaded magazines must be in a separate container..." What constitutes a separate container? When you buy that nifty gun bag with external magazine pockets, are they in a separate container because the rifle itself is zipped up inside? Or is the fact that you can carry everything with one hand make it one container? That would make those pockets useless. My understanding is the rules don't change if you are LTCF.

Does it make a difference if that do-all gun bag is locked in your trunk (the way I transport it) as opposed to thrown in on your back seat?

(Lancaster County)

Default Re: READ FIRST: Where you CAN and CANNOT Carry weapons in the State of Pennsylvania

I don't know if anything has changed down at Rough and Tumble in Kinzers or not. I drove by it today and noticed a big sign with the rules and it clearly stated No Firearms.

https://roughandtumble.org/
    Rules are written in the stone,
    Break the rules and you get no bones,
    all you get is ridicule, laughter,
    and a trip to the house of pain.

(Lycoming County)

I was hunting spring gobbler with a crossbow and was about to just drive home after hunting and decided to take a drive to an old hot spot for turkey. I arrived at a gated road and pulled off so I didn't block the gate. I got out of my vehicle with nothing but a turkey call. Next thing I know a female game warden pulls in and gets out and says to me. " do you know it's illegal to seek game by the use of a vehicle?" I replied " what the f are you talking about? Everybody drives a vehicle to go hunting." At this point I knew she was looking for anything she could find and started questioning me and I asked if this was an investigation of some kind. She said she was just doing her job. She asked if I was hunting and I said no and that I was actually on my way home from hunting but turned up here to an old spot I knew there were turkeys. She asked if I had my license and I said no and started resisting to cooperate because I knew she was probing for a violation. She asked me what weapon I used. I said a crossbow. She asked to see it and I refused and she went up to my vehicle to look inside and I got in between her and my vehicle and told her she needed a search warrant. She said she didn't need one if she could look in my window and see a violation and she got in my personal space and I backed away and she saw my crossbow with a bolt in it. I appealed the fine of 300 dollars and lost after I defended myself with our state and our Nations constitution about shall not be questioned and shall not be infringed and told the judge that the oath is the only thing they promised to do after they were elected. I lost my appeal and wonder if it is worth appealing again. Thanks, Todd

Quote Originally Posted by HiImTodd View Post
    I was hunting spring gobbler with a crossbow and was about to just drive home after hunting and decided to take a drive to an old hot spot for turkey. I arrived at a gated road and pulled off so I didn't block the gate. I got out of my vehicle with nothing but a turkey call. Next thing I know a female game warden pulls in and gets out and says to me. " do you know it's illegal to seek game by the use of a vehicle?" I replied " what the f are you talking about? Everybody drives a vehicle to go hunting." At this point I knew she was looking for anything she could find and started questioning me and I asked if this was an investigation of some kind. She said she was just doing her job. She asked if I was hunting and I said no and that I was actually on my way home from hunting but turned up here to an old spot I knew there were turkeys. She asked if I had my license and I said no and started resisting to cooperate because I knew she was probing for a violation. She asked me what weapon I used. I said a crossbow. She asked to see it and I refused and she went up to my vehicle to look inside and I got in between her and my vehicle and told her she needed a search warrant. She said she didn't need one if she could look in my window and see a violation and she got in my personal space and I backed away and she saw my crossbow with a bolt in it. I appealed the fine of 300 dollars and lost after I defended myself with our state and our Nations constitution about shall not be questioned and shall not be infringed and told the judge that the oath is the only thing they promised to do after they were elected. I lost my appeal and wonder if it is worth appealing again. Thanks, Todd
    Without our principals, what else do we have? If it were me I would fight it, but it's your time and money. The constitution they swore an oath to doesn't grant rights, it places restrictions on what the government cannot create laws against or violate.

(Jefferson County)

They basically got you for "road hunting" if you attempted to call turkey without first going 25 yards from the edge of road Right-of-Way? Then you stated that you didn't have your "license", which? Hunting or Drivers License?

Neither State or Federal Constitution really plays into things, nor a matter of carrying arms. It was a Game Law issue.
    RIP: SFN, 1861, twoeggsup, Lambo, jamesjo, JayBell, 32 Magnum, Pro2A, mrwildroot, dregan, Frenchy, Fragger, ungawa, Mtn Jack, Grapeshot, R.W.J., PennsyPlinker, Statkowski, Deanimator, roland, aubie515

Don't end up in my signature!

(Chester County)

What you have here is the classic I'm a woman that failed sammich making 101" syndrome and takes it out on everyone.
    Corruption is the default behavior of government officials. JPC

If you had a bolt in your crossbow you were hunting. There's no denying that. You also stepped out of your vehicle with a call. I wouldn't bother fighting it you are one hundred percent guilty as charged. This of course is by game warden definitions. This has nothing to do with Firearms or the Second Amendment. She wasn't going to give up until she found something anyway. Be glad she did not shoot you because that is the only option she has to control you since she clearly cannot overpower you. That's the one thing I subject to about female officers. They only have one option.

Quote Originally Posted by JenniferG View Post
    What you have here is the classic I'm a woman that failed sammich making 101" syndrome and takes it out on everyone.
    I don't understand woman who wnat to enter the work force. Working sucks big time. Dealing with boss's, coworkers, and customers. I would 100% trade cooking up some food, running the vacuum once a week, doing some grocery shopping, making my family food, and laying on my back for 15min twice a week for the work force any day. But my wife already has that position, so away to work I go.

(Lycoming County)

I was 25 yards from my vehicle and my crossbow was in the vehicle. I wasn't road hunting. I know there are turkeys there. I just wanted to see if one would gobble. I stopped and turned off my motor and walked unarmed away from my truck. I had no idea I was being spied upon with binoculars from up the road. The 4th Amendment used to protect from warrantless investigations and The second amendment used to protect us from shall not be infringed or in Pa. shall not be questioned. I'm against taking guns from anyone if they didn't commit a gun crime. I think people with mental problems should have the right to defend themselves. Just because they have mental problems does not make them murderers. If a crazy person with a gun lives next to a sane person with a gun there won't be a problem.
    Last edited by HiImTodd; June 19th, 2022 at 09:33 AM.

(Franklin County)

I was 25 yards from my vehicle and my crossbow was in the vehicle. I wasn't road hunting. I know there are turkeys there. I just wanted to see if one would gobble. I stopped and turned off my motor and walked unarmed away from my truck. I had no idea I was being spied upon with binoculars from up the road. The 4th Amendment used to protect from warrantless investigations and The second amendment used to protect us from shall not be infringed or in Pa. shall not be questioned. I'm against taking guns from anyone if they didn't commit a gun crime. I think people with mental problems should have the right to defend themselves. Just because they have mental problems does not make them murderers. If a crazy person with a gun lives next to a sane person with a gun there won't be a problem.
    I'm by no means a fan of the government, but you're very mistaken on several points of the law. No warrant is needed for an "investigation", and anything in plain sight (including looking through a house or car window) is not protected. Because of this, it's my personal practice to always cover the contents of my back seat with a blanket, so that even something as simple as a range bag or empty box of ammo isn't used to justify a formal search (even though those things shouldn't be enough, anyway). LE can "ask" anything they want, any time they want, but you aren't required to answer or engage in any type of conversation.

Even if formally detained, you are not legally required to identify yourself, though in that situation, doing so *may* shorten the length of detainment, as you won't have to wait for LE to independently figure out who you are.

Second, as has already been mentioned, neither the state or federal constitution has anything to do with hunting. It's about self-protection, both from other individuals, and a tyrannical government.
    Get your "Guns Save Lives" stickers today! PM for more info.

Page 84 of 86 FirstFirst ... 347480818283848586 LastLast