Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 83 of 86 FirstFirst ... 33737980818283848586 LastLast
    (York County)

Default Re: Definition of psych hospital?

Quote Originally Posted by Sgt.K View Post
    That's what I was referring to. If I can plan the visit in advance I can park the 1911 at Mom's house, but if it's a 911 episode I doubt that will be top of mind.

Thanks all for your input so far, but I haven't seen a statute yet that defines whether or not a ward makes the building a mental hospital, like a judges chambers make a wing of a building a "courthouse".
    Now you*ve got me thinking... every bit of legislation usually has definitions up front. Pa defines various mental hospitals in 55 Pa. Code § 1150 & 1151.2. Unfortunately their terminology doesn*t mesh with gun laws. Imagine that!
    Resistance to tyrants is obedience to God.

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by Jhaydeno View Post
    Now you*ve got me thinking... every bit of legislation usually has definitions up front. Pa defines various mental hospitals in 55 Pa. Code § 1150 & 1151.2. Unfortunately their terminology doesn*t mesh with gun laws. Imagine that!

(Erie County)

https://casetext.com/regulation/penn...12-definitions

Definitions for General Hospital, as well as psychiatric facilities.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aggies Coach View Post
    Cause white people are awesome. Happy now......LOL.

(Beaver County)

Default Re: READ FIRST: Where you CAN and CANNOT Carry weapons in the State of Pennsylvania

Super old post but had to say this article gets me sort of tripped up over who rights some of this stuff and now to see where we are

(Delaware County)

Default Re: READ FIRST: Where you CAN and CANNOT Carry weapons in the State of Pennsylvania

Is is lawful to carry while voting at an elementary school in PA? No children present and carrier has a PA LTC.

The way the OP reads, it appears as if this is good to go for concealed carry.

(Jefferson County)

Quote Originally Posted by M404 View Post
    Is is lawful to carry while voting at an elementary school in PA? No children present and carrier has a PA LTC.

The school makes it off limits, however there is a lawful purpose defense. You can still be arrested and run through court, and you still can be convicted by an anti-gun judge or jury.
    RIP: SFN, 1861, twoeggsup, Lambo, jamesjo, JayBell, 32 Magnum, Pro2A, mrwildroot, dregan, Frenchy, Fragger, ungawa, Mtn Jack, Grapeshot, R.W.J., PennsyPlinker, Statkowski, Deanimator, roland, aubie515

Don't end up in my signature!

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by knight0334 View Post
    The school makes it off limits, however there is a lawful purpose defense. You can still be arrested and run through court, and you still can be convicted by an anti-gun judge or jury.
    I think I'll go ahead and sidestep that whole mess altogether. Thanks for the clarification.

(Juniata County)

Quote Originally Posted by M404 View Post

But to be clear there are a number of members who have been open carrying while doing so. Ymmv.
    "Cives Arma Ferant"

"I know I'm not James Bond, that's why I don't keep a loaded gun under the pillow, or bang Russian spies on a regular basis." - GunLawyer001

(York County)

Quote Originally Posted by PAMedic=F|A= View Post
    But to be clear there are a number of members who have been open carrying while doing so. Ymmv.
    ��
    Know the rule implicitly (by statute). Be ready to recite court cases just in case. How much fight have you got, and money too...

The last thing any one of us want to do is make a mistake and set a bad precedent; like the guy who shall remain nameless and is no longer a *person* in the eyes of the state....
    Resistance to tyrants is obedience to God.

(Juniata County)

Quote Originally Posted by Jhaydeno View Post
    Know the rule implicitly (by statute). Be ready to recite court cases just in case. How much fight have you got, and money too...

The last thing any one of us want to do is make a mistake and set a bad precedent; like the guy who shall remain nameless and is no longer a *person* in the eyes of the state....
    You*re not wrong. But I*m keeping the fact that I*m not a person in my back pocket as a criminal defense if I ever need it.
    "Cives Arma Ferant"

"I know I'm not James Bond, that's why I don't keep a loaded gun under the pillow, or bang Russian spies on a regular basis." - GunLawyer001

Page 83 of 86 FirstFirst ... 33737980818283848586 LastLast