Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 86 FirstFirst 1234561252 ... LastLast
    (Lehigh County)

Default Re: READ FIRST: Where you CAN and CANNOT Carry weapons in the State of Pennsylvania

I was just researching this topic yesterday. Here is a link I found to some of the PA statutes: http://members.aol.com/StatutesP7/18PA913.html

Just because you can carry (i.e. open or inside a county building) doesn't, IMO make it wise to do so.

The frequent questions I see posted about "may I carry concealed here or there" seem to be ignoring the fact that you're carrying concealed. I have (each time) inadvertently carried my weapon into buildings or other areas that are restricted or posted. I attribute this to being used to always wearing a gun and, of course, the comfort of the holster I use.
    Veritas Vos Liberat

(Beaver County)

Unhappy Re: READ FIRST: Where you CAN and CANNOT Carry weapons in the State of Pennsylvania

I believe Army corps property is off limits,tis means dams and the area around them be carefull fishing in these places homeland security is in place. Mtn Jack

(Jefferson County)

Default Re: READ FIRST: Where you CAN and CANNOT Carry weapons in the State of Pennsylvania

Many of those places are maintained by the DCNR, which has the no-gun regulation. Kyle Lake in Eastern Jefferson Co is like that. Army Corp helped develop the lake, damn and breast work, but now the Department of Conservation and Natural Resources in conjunction with the Fish and Boat Commission take responsibility of the reserve.

Other areas that are still maintained by the Army Corp fall under the Federal laws and regulations. Some of these areas are not posted or anti-gun, but you have to find out for each individual location. Many of the Corp reserves have land set aside for target and hunting.
    RIP: SFN, 1861, twoeggsup, Lambo, jamesjo, JayBell, 32 Magnum, Pro2A, mrwildroot, dregan, Frenchy, Fragger, ungawa, Mtn Jack, Grapeshot, R.W.J., PennsyPlinker, Statkowski, Deanimator, roland, aubie515

Don't end up in my signature!

(Allegheny County)

I note that it is not legal to carry a firearm anywhere at the Pittsburgh International Airport. Most airports have such regulations. In this case, it is by county ordinance.

I realize this raises some questions about how to get one's firearm from the car to the baggage check point. Obviously, if the weapon is in a case in one's luggage, it is not a problem. I base this opinion upon the fact it happens every day, with full knowledge of police, TSA and airline officials, and it is not an issue. I have not, however, seen any statutory exception for transport in a suitcase.

Carrying on one's person, however, is illegal.

(Centre County)

3. State Parks and other reserves maintained by the PA DNR - by regulation
    Whats PA DNR?
    Audemus jura nostra defendere

Quote Originally Posted by Mity2 View Post
    Whats PA DNR?
    Pennsylvania Department of Natural Resources
    Bazinga

(Luzerne County)

Quote Originally Posted by PeteG View Post
    I note that it is not legal to carry a firearm anywhere at the Pittsburgh International Airport. Most airports have such regulations. In this case, it is by county ordinance.

I realize this raises some questions about how to get one's firearm from the car to the baggage check point. Obviously, if the weapon is in a case in one's luggage, it is not a problem. I base this opinion upon the fact it happens every day, with full knowledge of police, TSA and airline officials, and it is not an issue. I have not, however, seen any statutory exception for transport in a suitcase.

Carrying on one's person, however, is illegal.
    Their ordinance is an illegal one. It means nothing. PA has a law on the books that states no city, town, borough or municipality can make their own laws. There is a thread on GT about a township somewhere in PA that passed a similar ordinance.

Many people complained about the ordinance and after speaking with their legal rep, they were informed the ordinance could not be enforced, so it was dropped.

(Chester County)

Ok didn't see it any where but I carry always every where but am I illegal when I go into the bank? Always wondered about that one as I always have

(Luzerne County)

Quote Originally Posted by craigc View Post
    Ok didn't see it any where but I carry always every where but am I illegal when I go into the bank? Always wondered about that one as I always have
    Banks are private property.

(Luzerne County)

There is no law against carrying in a bank. However, the bank being private property can ask you to leave if they find out you are carrying.

Page 2 of 86 FirstFirst 1234561252 ... LastLast