Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Thread: intratec

YINZ...yinz doesnt exist in the english language; its like "ONE beer", Pennsylvania

Default intratec

i have an intratec ab-10 a while ago and know that they are out of business. i wanted to know who is doing their warranty work now.

(Indiana County)

Default Re: intratec

No warranty remains as far as I know since nobody that I ever heard of bought the rights.

If I remember correctly, sksparts.com bought the remaining stock of Intratec. I bought from them years ago, and found their shipping and service to be poor to say the least.

I would suggest buying replacement parts if you can find them, you will need them if you plan on shooting the gun.
    A gunsmith familiar with the guns is your only option if you need repairs and cannot do them yourself.

(Lehigh County)

i had an ab 10 could never get it to cycle correctly ftf's fte's stove pipe type deals i traded it on a tec-9 dc that wont catch the firing pin or something it cycles the round but wont fire afterward there are some parts out there on gun broker and some other places n one does warrenty work and i do not know of any smiths that really know the gun
    A.T.F alcohol, tabacco, and firearms... who's bringing the chips?

YINZ...yinz doesnt exist in the english language; its like "ONE beer", Pennsylvania

thank you for the replys. it is much appreciated

(York County)

These guns are VERY AMMO SPECIFIC!!

Stick with the Federal 124gr, or Winchester 124gr and they should work perfectly.
    Any thing else and it's pure speculation on your part for reliability.
    Wouldn't you like to know what's in my safe.

(Lehigh County)

oh? could that be why my firing pin dont latch when the gun cycles?
    A.T.F alcohol, tabacco, and firearms... who's bringing the chips?

(Indiana County)

I hate to say this about a firearm that someone owns, but the Intratec guns were always plagued with problems and the best thing to do would be to trade it or sell it to someone that needs a parts gun.

Sorry to be harsh, but these things were iffy when new, and they just seem to get worse with age.

However, as for feeding problems, what I have seen in the past was an improperly installed buffer not allowing the bolt to fully come to the rear. Homemade buffers made from rubber gasket material, innertubes, ect... will do the same.

Poor ammunition seems to do the same thing, not allowing the gun to fully cycle.

When I had a Tec-9 years ago, the most reliable ammo I found had to be a premium brand in a heavy bullet weight. I did have sucess with some Egyptian surplus I found, but it really hammered the gun. My opinion was that spending $25 a box on premium ammo when imported stuff was $6.00 at the time was silly, and the gun was traded off.

If a smith cannot be found, trying new springs is the only suggestion I have if an ammo change does not work.