Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default New 4th generation Glocks with adjustable grips confirmed several places on the web.

http://www.gunsholstersandgear.com/2...els-announced/

Police supplier GT Distributers announced they received word that Glock is introducing adjustable grip model Glock pistols.

GT Distributers reported that they found out earlier today at the National Association of Police Equipment Distributers (NAPED) conference that Glock announced they will bring out the adjustable grip models later this year, or early next year.

At this time, there are no photos of the new Glock models, and I was unable to reach any Glock officials to confirm this information, as I received this after their offices closed.

Glock led the polymer handgun revolution, but has been criticized by some for not remaining innovative with new designs. The Smith and Wesson M&P has gained back some of the ground it lost to Glock years ago with police departments because of features like interchangeable back straps that allow the user to better fit the gun to his or her hand.

At the 2009 SHOT Show, Glock introduced the RTF pistols, which was the standard Glock with a more aggressive texture on the frame for a better grip and a different pattern of serrations on the slide. While some people like the new texture, many more people were hoping for a more interesting announcement from Glock.

An adjustable grip model Glock is certainly is significant announcement from Glock. What is interesting is that it was made at the NAPED convention. While NAPED is a good choice for Glock to reach the law enforcement market, it clearly does not have the same attendance and press coverage that the SHOT Show would have had. Additionally, just a few weeks ago, the National Rifle Association held its annual meeting, which was well covered by the gun press, and attended by many thousands of firearms enthusiasts.

I hope to have more information in the next few days.
    Sounds like we'll also see larger, ambidextrous mag releases as well. People's main issue with Glocks has always been the grip. Wonder how this will affect those folks.

(Montgomery County)

Default Re: New 4th generation Glocks with adjustable grips confirmed several places on the w

I just ordered a G17 RTF and am very very curious to see what this Gen 4 will be like.
    I'm guessing I'll like it.
    Glock Certified Armorer, GSSF Member, NRA Member

(Delaware County)

Default Re: New 4th generation Glocks with adjustable grips confirmed several places on the w

What the shit. God damn sell-outs! A Glock is like a fat girl that can cook, put her whole fist in her mouth, and WANTS to rub your back. Does everything you can ask for but ugly enough that every asshole at the bar (range) isnt ogling it. This changes everything.
    Saint Michael the Archangel, defend us in battle. Amen. **PROUD III**

(Chester County)

My guess is that it'll suck.

I hope I'm wrong.

(Monroe County)

Quote Originally Posted by synergy View Post

I hope I'm wrong.
    lol C'mon Synergy give a chance, My guess is that is will be Not Pretty and very functional . I hope Otherwise YES IT WILL SUCK
    Does this look like my Care Face.....

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by Kb! Bob View Post
    What the shit. God damn sell-outs! A Glock is like a fat girl that can cook, put her whole fist in her mouth, and WANTS to rub your back. Does everything you can ask for but ugly enough that every asshole at the bar (range) isnt ogling it. This changes everything.
    Awesome, but you left out over 45 so no need to worry about child support.
    Join the groups protecting your rights from the fools trying to take them from you!

(Columbia County)

Quote Originally Posted by Kb! Bob View Post
    Brilliant.

I gave out too much rep in the last 24 hours... but I owe you for this post. I was laughing at this one hard enough that my wife came in wondering why the hell I was laughing by myself in my office.

Since a better grip is the only thing keeping Glock from being a perfect weapon (you know,in my opinion), I think it's going to kick some serious ass out there, Im a glockaholic and I like my Glocks the way they are, but more grip options would definitely kill the copycats and give Glock haters absolutely no excuse to bash them. Although I think Glocks are not ugly at all taking into account that beauty is in the eye of the beholder, who knows if the new feature will give them a better look, time will tell.

(Northampton County)

Quote Originally Posted by synergy View Post

I hope I'm wrong.
    I also agree with this.

The RTF didn't appear to be to much outside of the box thinking. As a matter of fact I think it is stupid and will look like a smooth gen one grip after carrying for a year.

I am also a Glock guy! But would like to see something from them that looks like someone should get paid for it!

(Delaware County)

Default Wait for 5th Generation

I guess the 5th Generation Glock will add a thumb safety and grip safety.
    Tim

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast