Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Foodsaver bag EMERGENCY!

Bet you'd never thought you'd see those two words together in a thread title now did you?

Anyways, hit Dutch's market's one day meat sale this morning and I THINK I went a little overboard (about 100 # of various meats) but the prices were so damn cheap I couldn't help myself

BUT

I hadn't accounted for our short supply of foodsaver bags! We have 20 pounds of ground beef, 10 pounds of ground turkey and 15 pounds of cheese left in the fridge and we are out of bags

Anyone know of a chain story that carries them OR is there anyone close by that has a roll of 8" bags they want to sell me? I'm ordering them in from my normal guy but they won't be here until Monday Tues.

BTW any of you close enough to Newfoundland (Greentown) get your but over there and buy buy buy ... prices like you will NOT believe chicken breasts $1.48 a pound, Italian sausage $1.28 a pound etc etc etc ... the sale is TODAY ONLY!

And if you are going there AND you have bags I can meet you there
    Last edited by dc dalton; October 15th, 2009 at 11:32 AM.

(Montgomery County)

Talking Re: Foodsaver bag EMERGENCY!

dc, the first step is to admit that you have a problem.

I'm sure the nice folks at PETA have a program to help folks in your situation.

Don't worry, you have a lot of friends here. We'll support you.

ETA: Which two words?
    Keep perspective, recognize the good in your enemies and the bad in your friends.
    "--you can't conquer a free man; the most you can do is kill him." - Robert A. Heinlein, Revolt in 2100

Default Re: Foodsaver bag EMERGENCY!

Quote Originally Posted by -JD- View Post
    foodsaver and emergency

No 'problem', this is a once a year thing. Dutch's has this insane one day sale and we stock the freezer to the gills with food for the winter (this years its going to be VERY full) ... we will literally not buy meat again until the spring.

It looks like the Target in Stroudsburg has FoodSaver bags in various sizes in stock.

Quote Originally Posted by Ronin View Post
    It looks like the Target in Stroudsburg has FoodSaver bags in various sizes in stock.
    Cool, they aren't that far away ... anyone know if Wally World has them in their stores (they are closer)

(Monroe County)

Wally has everything!!!
    WAKE UP OR WACO!

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by -JD- View Post
    dc, the first step is to admit that you have a problem.

I'm sure the nice folks at PETA have a program to help folks in your situation.

Don't worry, you have a lot of friends here. We'll support you.

the PETA quote wins this thread

(Monroe County)

Quote Originally Posted by dc dalton View Post
    Bet you'd never thought you'd see those two words together in a thread title now did you?

Anyways, hit Dutch's market's one day meat sale this morning and I THINK I went a little overboard (about 100 # of various meats) but the prices were so damn cheap I couldn't help myself

BUT

I hadn't accounted for our short supply of foodsaver bags! We have 20 pounds of ground beef, 10 pounds of ground turkey and 15 pounds of cheese left in the fridge and we are out of bags

Anyone know of a chain story that carries them OR is there anyone close by that has a roll of 8" bags they want to sell me? I'm ordering them in from my normal guy but they won't be here until Monday Tues.

BTW any of you close enough to Newfoundland (Greentown) get your but over there and buy buy buy ... prices like you will NOT believe chicken breasts $1.48 a pound, Italian sausage $1.28 a pound etc etc etc ... the sale is TODAY ONLY!

And if you are going there AND you have bags I can meet you there
    PM me the info on who you normally get them from please.

also a "trick" (I'm sure you already do) but make the bags 1 - 2 inches longer then normal and when you cut it open slice right on the seal and reuse the bag. you may end up using a little more when making bags but then you can reuse them so you lose 2" when sealing but gain 3 free bags by resuing :P
    The first vehicles normally on the scene of a crime are ambulances and police cruisers. If you are armed you have a chance to decide who gets transported in which vehicle, if you are not armed then that decision is made for you.

Be prepared, because someone else already is and no one knows their intent except them.

Damn DC, I have a whole Costco-sized box of Foodsaver bags in my laundry room, but I don't live nearby. I could probably mail you some tomorrow if you could wait that long - let me know if you get desperate.

In the meantime, can you tell me if this is a good deal compared to where you're getting them now?

http://www.costco.com/Browse/Product...=1&topnav=&s=1

Might be a little cheaper at the store, too...

(Montgomery County)

Wal-mart usually has them in stock as does Target and all those other types of store. My suggestion though is to buy the rolls instead of the pre-sized bags. You get a lot more for your $ and there is less waste. Seal-A-Meal bags will work for you as well if you can't find the food saver brand bags

For those of you reading who don't have a food saver or something similar... I suggest you buy one! I had an abundance of garden beans this year. I froze a bunch in varying quantities in the food saver bags. 4 months later they still taste as fresh as the day they were picked.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast