Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Allegheny County)

Angry Bud's Gun Shop (BAD NEWS)

Guys,

I'm pulling my posting. Sounds like I shouldn't voice what I have gone through. I won't do it again. Keep buying from buds. But until they get the UPS issue take care of I can't receive packages and cant help with the transfers.

-j
    Last edited by JohnB; October 20th, 2009 at 04:59 AM.

(Philadelphia County)

Default Re: Bud's Gun Shop (BAD NEWS)

Quote Originally Posted by JohnB View Post
    I hate to do this but It needs to be said. I'm having a rough time with Bud's Gun Shop. They don't answer the phone, and my calls go to a full voice mail box. They don't respond to my emails. They don't ship to the correct address, even when they have the FFL in their hands. When they ship they give strict instructions to UPS not to change the shipping terms. I can't pick up my clients guns at UPS.

Just a hard group to deal with. So, I hate to say it, but I can't transfer guns from them. Just not enough room in a $20 transfer for all the problems that they cause me.

Sorry, guys.

John
    www.firearmtransfers.net
    I have had GREAT results from them. I got my Glock 23 there for the cheapest I have found them. They pay for shipping. No PA sales tax. Very quick.

No. You cannot "pick up" the guns at UPS. What's to stop a criminal from asking them to ship it to a FFl, then they go to try and pick it up at UPS.
    Both buds and UPS have to much liability. The guns ship to the FFl's address.

That's the way I would want them to do it. That's the way they have to do it.

$20 transfer is an ok deal. If you were closer, i'd use ya!

As for buds, just let your customers deal with them. You should not be the one going back and forth. It's not like your getting paid on the sale.

But, the rest of the industry is good! So special order through me, or anyone but Bud's Gun Shop and things will be smooth.
    That's a bit of a cheap blow. Many of us have had great results from Buds. If you offer the same price, cover the sales tax, and shipping charge, yea your statement would hold water.
    Last edited by biggs88; October 13th, 2009 at 08:26 PM.

(Allegheny County)

I have had those same issues with bud's too. 9 times outa 10 they are ok for me. Now I have tell my customers about the issues up front to prepare them just incase

(Blair County)

Buds Shop. I have transferred quite a few of Buds firearms, no problem. BUT, I have a High-Point that I received 4-27-09, shipped to me by mistake. I tried to contact Buds, no luck. So I am holding someone’s firearm for what, 6 months? It was Buds fault, but they won’t answer my E-Mails. What to do?
    Steve

(Montgomery County)

I have received hundreds of transfers from Buds and never had a single problem from them. I can't say that I have had a customer complain about them either come to think of it.

(Franklin County)

Guys,

I hate to do this but It needs to be said.

I'm having a rough time with Bud's Gun Shop.

They have customer service problems.
    1. They don't answer the phone, and my calls go to a full voice mail box.
    2. They don't respond to my emails.
    3. They don't ship to the correct address, even when they have the FFL in their hands.
    4. When they ship they give strict instructions to UPS not to change the shipping terms. I can't pick up my clients guns at UPS.

Just a hard group to deal with. So, I hate to say it, but I can't transfer guns from them. Just not enough room in a $20 transfer for all the problems that they cause me.

But, the rest of the industry is good! So special order through me, or anyone but Bud's Gun Shop and things will be smooth.

John
    www.firearmtransfers.net

I've never done buisness with Buds Gun Shop. But this statement right here of yours doesn't fly with me. I understand your part of the same buisness.

But you coming here as a newer user, trying to promote your company by trying to bash another is not needed.

(Delaware County)

ordered a few guns from them without issue...
    Peace, Prosperity, and Liberty

(Lancaster County)

Well I never bought from them but they did offer me $450 for my Ruger P345 .45ACP. Don't know if I would buy a gun I can't hold right then and there. Just something about slapping cold hard cash on the counter and walking out with a new toy 10-20 mins later. Keep it real and SUPPORT THE MOM AND POP GUN SHOPS!!

(Centre County)

I'm posting not to advance my shop but to relate my experience with Bud's.

My problem with Bud's is that when they send a gun to me (ordered by a customer), it is coded that an adult signature is required, and that is fine, I have no problem with that. But, it is also coded (by Bud's) that if UPS has to leave me a notice that they tried to deliver it but no one was there, UPS will not take it off the truck until they have tried to deliver it 3 times.

Typically, if no one is available to sign for the package when UPS tries to deliver it, UPS leaves a INFO NOTICE with a number on it that I can call to have them take it off the truck when it returns to the UPS center that day and I can pick it up later that night. UPS ALWAYS delivers when neither me or my wife is at home and I then normally set it up to pick it up later that night with no problem. The coding that Bud's puts on the package does not allow this. It is coded such that it has to be tried to be delivered 3 times (3-5 days depending on the first delivery try) and then it is taken off the truck and held at the UPS center for me to pick up.

Please don't say that I should just try to be home when UPS delivers. I don't always know when something is coming. I may get a message from a customer that they ordered something from Bud's and it could show up anytime in the next 3 weeks, and if they don't give me the tracking number I have no way to watch for it. I'll ask for the tracking info but not always get it. Also, the delivery could be from 2PM - 5PM and I don't have the luxury to take 3 hours off my full time job on the day that it MIGHT show up.

I also, have had a hard time trying to get a message to Bud's (I wanted to talk to them about the above problem to see if I could work something out). Their contact us on the web site leaves a lot to be desired. They don't have anywhere to address these types of problems and many times it is hard to get through to the people that can help you when you call.

Other than that, I haven't had any problems, if they have the gun, it typically gets shipped quickly and they do have some really good prices. I realize that people are going to shop around for the best deal, I have no problem with that, I do it myself. If I can't beat an online retailers price, I'll refer my customer to them. It is just frustrating try to jump through all the hoops just to receive a gun from Bud's. All of my other wholesalers have it set up for an adult signature and if it can't be delivered that day it will be taken off the truck that evening and held at the UPS center for me to pick up. Why can't Bud's?
    Last edited by Xringshooter; October 20th, 2009 at 07:48 AM.
    Ron USAF Ret E-8 FFL01/SOT3 NRA Benefactor Member

(Allegheny County)

This is interesting. Being a new FFL open for business and obviously always looking for distributors other than the ones I now have affiliations with, is the consensus one should avoid Bud's or not? I'm getting mixed signals from the total posts in this thread. It sounds like these guys might possibly not be worth the aggrivation to deal with.
    "Whoever said the pen is mightier than the sword obviously never encountered automatic weapons."
    -Gen. Douglas MacArthur

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast