Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Bucks County)

Default Vote for Sheriff

Election time coming up...signs are popping up already.

Is anybody familiar with Wiley Herring? Having been in the sheriff's office for 20 years...is he going to make any changes if he gets elected? Positive change = bring LTCF fee back down to state mandated amount. Negative change = adding extra steps to obtain the LTCF like other counties...

(Bucks County)

Default Re: Vote for Sheriff

Quote Originally Posted by mrjam2jab View Post

Is anybody familiar with Wiley Herring?
    Not Familiar with Wiley Herring but the current sherrif Duke Donnelly is pro gun. The turnaround time on LTCF are very quick. Also he is accesible if you have to talk with him. I will vote for him as I like the way things are run and don't want/need any changes.
    "The more people I meet, the more I like my dog."

(Bucks County)

Yeah, getting a LTCF in Bucks is no hassle. Can't complain about anything. Sure the cost is a little high, but seriously, the thing is good for 5 years. It is less than 10$ a year.

+1

-Zach

Quote Originally Posted by theo View Post
    Not Familiar with Wiley Herring but the current sherrif Duke Donnelly is pro gun. The turnaround time on LTCF are very quick. Also he is accesible if you have to talk with him. I will vote for him as I like the way things are run and don't want/need any changes.

(Bucks County)

"Duke" is a known. He's got a BIG +1 in my book. On LTCF and Class 3 stuff, he makes it very easy. Great guy, personable, and seems to be getting the rest of the job done. I haven't heard any major complaints about the Sheriff's office (unlike some other County offices!)

(Bucks County)

Is anybody familiar with Wiley Herring? Having been in the sheriff's office for 20 years...is he going to make any changes if he gets elected? Positive change = bring LTCF fee back down to state mandated amount. Negative change = adding extra steps to obtain the LTCF like other counties...
    First: Sheriff Donnelly seems to be doing a great job, never hear any complaints. That is rare in county gov.
    Second: You post questions, not statements. Did your guy say he was going to drop the fee? Didd he say he was going to add steps? You are kind of cloudy on these things. These days, we all need to be very clear on what we say, and we need to mean it when we say it.
    Third: To the other poster that said it's less than $10 a year. I see your point, but seriously, why should there be a charge at all? I don't like paying to keep my rights. Not trying to start an argument, just pointing out how we have become jaded to having our rights trampled underfoot. This is just another example of it.
    Fourth: The guy is a dummycrat for crying out loud !!!
    Last edited by AxiTech; October 13th, 2009 at 03:39 PM. Reason: fourth: he is a dummycrat !!!

(Bucks County)

I see your point. Sure, we shouldn't have to pay for this. But it keeps some bureaucrat behind a desk.

-Zach

Quote Originally Posted by AxiTech View Post
    First: Sheriff Donnelly seems to be doing a great job, never hear any complaints. That is rare in county gov.
    Second: You post questions, not statements. Did your guy say he was going to drop the fee? Didd he say he was going to add steps? You are kind of cloudy on these things. These days, we all need to be very clear on what we say, and we need to mean it when we say it.
    Third: To the other poster that said it's less than $10 a year. I see your point, but seriously, why should there be a charge at all? I don't like paying to keep my rights. Not trying to start an argument, just pointing out how we have become jaded to having our rights trampled underfoot. This is just another example of it.

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by AxiTech View Post

Mine were meant to be questions. I dont know Herring except for the sign i saw on my way to work this AM...and was wondering if anybody here knew anything about him...his stances...etc...

(Bucks County)

Mine were meant to be questions. I dont know Herring except for the sign i saw on my way to work this AM...and was wondering if anybody here knew anything about him...his stances...etc...
    Ah, I see. I at first thought you were endorsing him.Then I wasn't sure, and that is why I questioned it. Thanks for clearing that up for me.

(Bucks County)

Sheriff Duke is the way to go. He made getting my wife's LTCF very ez and stress free. Very down to earth guy and get's the job done. My wife had her LTCF in 22 minutes, well worth the $46 in my book!

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by culatar View Post
    Sheriff Duke is the way to go. He made getting my wife's LTCF very ez and stress free. Very down to earth guy and get's the job done. My wife had her LTCF in 22 minutes, well worth the $46 in my book!
    Hopefully you made it out to vote for him on the 3rd.
    "The more people I meet, the more I like my dog."

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast