Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Thread: Thank you all

Default Thank you all

You know, I'm sitting here at 9:38 at night, two days after, and it's hitting me that I've really missed out.

I've been here, oh I dunno, for maybe a year now, and although I've read dozens upon dozens of posts from Meleanie, not once did I make a real effort to say hello or get to know her more personally than as a casual exchange here and there on the POOFAH. I had come to recognize her attitude and spark, but I've completely robbed myself of the treasure of knowing her as a friend.

I regret it.

I am glad that there are so many of you that can be there to help her survivors in their time of need.

(Monroe County)

Default Re: Thank you all

Don't do this to yourself. We don't have crystal balls to look forward in time and see such horrid things happen. You will drive yourself nuts thinking of the "what if's".

What if she and I didn't have that tiff way back, would we have been friends?
    What if she didn't leave the hazel twp. picnic early would we have talked then?
    What if she came over this past Saturday and chatted with us, would we have seen that we have more in common then we thought?

I have many "What if's" when someone leaves us by their passing. The only thing you can do is to act on your wishes when they arise and not wait till later. This is something that I keep telling myself that I will do, maybe this has shown me that I need to act on this now.

But, the "What if's" are never good. You can not fix what has passed, you can only look forward and try to do the best that you can to make sure that they don't arise in the future.

(Monroe County)

+1 Tootie. Very well said.

(Dauphin County)

Ive only been here a short time, and i never met Meleanie. in the last year i have buried 6 friends, my mother and my grandmother. theres alot of things i wish i could of done and said and now i wont have that chance, but death is part of the life cycle and i know sooner or latter i will be reunited with them.

getting involved in doing anything you can to help the kids is one way to feel better. it dosnt have to be monumental, just dont beat yourself up over it.
    If a conservative is a non-believer, he doesn't go to church.
    A liberal non-believer wants any mention of God and religion silenced.

(Lancaster County)

i agree with tootie. you cant predict the future. i havent been on the forums that long, i never knew meleanie. i only heard of her through the news because of the crap with her permit getting taken. (which i heard her attorney is still going to fight with Deleo, i hope her attorney wins)

ive only met 2 members from the forums (mauser, and fragger) and both were very friendly. i hope to go to some shoots and meet some more members.

its a shame that i will never get to know melaenie but the best thing to do is just keep her memory alive and fight for our rights. she started the fight and now it is up to us to keep her fight alive.

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by shadowcat187 View Post
    i agree with tootie. you cant predict the future. i havent been on the forums that long, i never knew meleanie. i only heard of her through the news because of the crap with her permit getting taken. (which i heard her attorney is still going to fight with Deleo, i hope her attorney wins)

ive only met 2 members from the forums (mauser, and fragger) and both were very friendly. i hope to go to some shoots and meet some more members.

its a shame that i will never get to know melaenie but the best thing to do is just keep her memory alive and fight for our rights. she started the fight and now it is up to us to keep her fight alive.

(Monroe County)

I, too, never knew her. I had seen the post about her LTCF being revoked after the soccer incident, but that was it. When I heard about the tragic events that took place, I looked up some of her threads and posts. She struck me as an ambitious women, who was whole-heartedly and passionately involved in standing up for what she believed in and defending her (our) rights. I'm truly sorry I never got to know her, and for me, that's one of the hardest things about her tragic passing.

But, as was previously stated, "what if's" are useless. The best thing we can do is continue her fight, hold onto her memory, and pray for her family.
    Last edited by snakeman21; October 11th, 2009 at 08:41 PM.