Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Chester County)

Thumbs up East Goshen Park regulations - No Carry- UPDATE!

So if you have been following the thread below, you already know that I found out that East Goshen has a regulation on the books which says

"No person, other than a sworn police officer or other law enforcement officer then on duty and engaged in the performance of his official duties, shall carry or discharge any firearm within the limits of any park or Township-owned lands."

I brought it to the attention of the Board of Supervisors, and at last Tuesday's meeting I was told that they agree, and that the regulation should be revised to delete the words "carry or". They need to publish a public notice, and have a vote, but it is their intent to revise the regulation. So look for it in the West Chester Daily Local.

That's another one down.

(Luzerne County)

Default Re: East Goshen Park regulations - No Carry- UPDATE!

Good job. That one sounds almost to easy.
    troll Free. It's all in your mind.

(Delaware County)

Well done.
    Of every one hundred men in battle, ten should not even be there. Eighty, are nothing but targets. Nine are the real fighters, we are lucky to have them since they make the battle. Ah, but the one—one is the Warrior—and he brings the others home. —Heracletus

(Chester County)

Thanks for speaking up!

(Delaware County)

Just wondering if the sign has been changed yet?

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by imashooter2 View Post
    Just wondering if the sign has been changed yet?
    Hasn't been changed in the Code 163-3 yet...but that may not be up to date...

(Chester County)

The ordinacne has not been changed yet. They are reviewing the wording and still need to submit it to the public for review. We have a managed deer hunt and there are some residents that are upset about it, so I think the Board is being very careful as to not change the law in a manner that will give ammo to the "no deer hunt" crowd.

I haven't checked the sign yet. That's a 2010 job.

(Chester County)

Ok, I'm getting there, the Public Notice for the ordinance change has gone out and the actual enactment will be next week

http://pa.mypublicnotices.com/Public...e&AdId=1719266

(Berks County)

Public Meeting Notices
    NOTICE NOTICE IS GIVEN that the Board of Supervisors of East Goshen Township will conduct a public hearing on Tuesday, January 19, 2010, as part of the public meeting which begins at 8:00 p.m., prevailing time at the Township municipal building located at 1580 Paoli Pike, West Chester, Pennsylvania 19380 to consider and possibly adopt an amendment to the East Goshen Township Code, Chapter 163, titled, 'Parks and Recreation Areas'. TITLE OF PROPOSED ORDINANCE : AN ORDINANCE OF EAST GOSHEN TOWNSHIP, CHESTER COUNTY, PENNSYLVANIA, AMENDING CHAPTER 163 OF THE EAST GOSHEN TOWNSHIP CODE, TITLED, 'PARKS AND RECREATION AREAS,' SPECIFICALLY SECTION 163-3.N(1), WHICH REGULATES THE USE OF FIREARMS AND FIREWORKS IN TOWNSHIP PARKS, PLAYGROUNDS AND OPEN SPACE. SUMMARY OF PROPOSED ORDINANCE : SECTION I : Adds a definition of 'firearms' to Section 163-2. SECTION II : Amends Section 163-3.N(1) to prohibit the discharge of firearms in a Township park. SECTION III : Severability Clause. SECTION IV : Repeals all ordinances which are inconsistent. SECTION V : States that the Ordinance will be effective 5 days after adoption. The complete verbatim text of the proposed ordinance is available for public inspection and may be examined without charge or obtained for a charge not greater than the cost thereof at the Township's administrative offices at the above address during normal business hours, 7:00 a.m. to 5:30 p.m., Monday through Friday, and is also on file for public inspection at the offices of the Daily Local News , 250 North Bradford Avenue, West Chester, Pennsylvania and the Chester County Law Library, 15 West Gay Street, West Chester, Pennsylvania, where the same may be examined without charge. If any person requires an accommodation to participate in the hearing, please contact the Township building at least 24 hours in advance of the hearing at (610) 692-7171. Louis F. Smith, Jr., Manager East Goshen Township

Appeared in: Daily Local News on Monday, 01/11/2010
    GREAT WORK! I'd be curious to see the actual text of the new ordinance too.

Rep to you!

(Chester County)

Smile Re: East Goshen Park regulations - No Carry- UPDATE!

Good News! It's done. The ordinance passed last night with a unanimous vote. There was some public comment, but the Solicitor handled the questions properly and explained that the township was prohibited from barring posession due to the state regulation.

I'm going to keep my eye on when the web page gets updated

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast