Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Teens Arrested In Violent Craigslist Robberies

PHILADELPHIA (CBS 3) ―

Philadelphia Police arrested two teens in connection to a rash of robberies involving the popular classified Web site Craigslist. Theodore Graham and Anthony Owens, both 16, are facing numerous charges following three armed robberies.

According to investigators, Graham and Owners allegedly lured three separate individuals to locations in Philadelphia under the premise that the victims would be purchasing items like computers and televisions.

Upon arrival, each victim was robbed at gunpoint and had cash as well as cell phones taken from them. Investigators said none of the victims were seriously injured.

Both Graham and Owens were taken into custody on September 30.

http://cbs3.com/local/Craigslist.Ant...2.1229149.html
    Last edited by Story; October 6th, 2009 at 11:01 AM.

(Allegheny County)

Default Re: Teens Arrested In Violent Craigslist Robberies

This is why I always have the person meet me in a public place to do the deal.

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by kfriddile View Post
    This is why I always have the person meet me in a public place to do the deal.
    I do the same thing. Meeting a complete stranger, who knows you are coming with money, in a private location is not the smartest thing. Im glad these guys got caught!

(Monroe County)

I had a guy try to sell me a xbox360 he had on Cragslist, I called around noon and left him a message, he called me around 8pm and wanted me to come to his "crib" to meet him, I said how about somewhere else, he said the Kmart parking lot "in the back",, I said how about I meet you at the 15th district police station to do the deal,,,, he hung up and didnt call back or answer his phone after that..
    WAKE UP OR WACO!

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by AirAssaultTrooper View Post
    I do the same thing. Meeting a complete stranger, who knows you are coming with money, in a private location is not the smartest thing. Im glad these guys got caught!
    Sometimes meeting in public doesn't work for other reasons though. I recently bought a PS3 on craigslist and wanted to see it working before buying it. In those cases, I at least try to take a couple people with me and keep on rolling if the place looks sketchy.

(Allegheny County)

My bike was stolen from me, the next day the fool posted it on craigslist for sale.

I had my University Police set up a sting operation with me and he left in the back of a cop car and I rode home on my bike. Pretty good story if anyone wants to hear it.

(Monroe County)

This is nothing new.

A bunch of local "thugs" who created their own "gang" were putting up ads on craigslist last summer. They were advertising selling honda parts, they would have people come out here to my town and they would then beat them at knife.gun point and rob them.

They were finally caught though.

I went to HS with these kids. Pure white locals, turned red bandana wearing gangsters.

ETA: I sold my xbox 360 elite to a kid another town over. Told him to meet me at Mr. Z's and by the lamp posts. It was late, around 9pm and dark, but it was all our scheduals allowed for.
    I open carried my XD9 and when he got out of the car he opened his palms and showed me he had empty hands.
    I don't think he planned on robbing me, physically i could have dropped him and his friend, but if they did, they saw I had a gun. All cash was handed over and counted on the spot.
    Last edited by jcabin; October 22nd, 2009 at 01:13 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by headcase View Post
    let them eventually bring the FBI to kill my wife and son over fucking chickens....

Not related, but note the age of the accused - anyone see a pattern here?

Three young men have now been ordered to stand trial for the murder of a 44-year-old man gunned down during a robbery on Christmas night, 2007.

Investigators say that victim Andrew Jackson was visiting family in North Philadelphia when he went outside to his car and was shot and killed.

Prosecutor James Berardinelli says the evidence shows the defendants, then 16 and 17 years old, spotted Jackson and said, "We got a body"...meaning someone to rob. But Jackson struggled, and was shot seven times.

An eyewitness in the case has recanted. Jeffrey Dees now claims he never gave the detailed description of the events to investigators.

Jackson's sister, Dana Williams, says her big brother, whom she recalled as her protector, was active in the Masons and the Elks.

And just hours before he was murdered, she says, he was bringing Christmas to others less fortunate:

"Earlier that day he and some lodge brothers were... Actually, they even had a picture of him on that last day where they were giving out gifts and stuff for the needy families."

Williams says family members rushed outside to help her brother as he struggled to get up, but he collapsed and died that Christmas night.

http://www.kyw1060.com/Three-Teens-H...n-Nort/5536387

Not all thieves want to lure you some place secluded and rob you. Some of them are more than willing to meet you away from their home, because they've ALREADY done the stealing part, and are now selling you the stolen goods, and they'd prefer that you didn't have their home address or land line. Two minutes after you drive away from the well-lit parking lot, they're gone for good, whether the thing you bought is stone dead, or stolen during a bloody home invasion.

In Philadelphia, people selling cars will routinely refuse to tell you where they live. Think about that before you hand the cash over.
    Attorney Phil Kline, AKA gunlawyer001@gmail.com
    Ce sac n'est pas un jouet.

(Montgomery County)

What GunLawyer said and a few additions:

Good business practices are always prudent anywhere and with anyone. When money changes hands, you have business. It would seem like a statement of that sort would go without saying. However, deals that are too good to be true are common to all levels (Enron, Madoff, e-cigarettes etc...). Everything has a price, everything.
    Join the groups protecting your rights from the fools trying to take them from you!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast