Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    (Allegheny County)

Default Pittsburgh Airport Carry

Did Allegheny County ever change the ordinance regarding carrying on airport property since its clearly in violation of state law? I know people wrote letters awhile back but i was not sure if anything was done.

Do any of you carry openly at the Pitt International Airport and has anything been said to you?

Default Re: Pittsburgh Airport Carry

I believe someone was actually charged, and found guilty by a magistrate for "weapons on airport property" fairly recently. From what I HEARD the person was OC at the time.

I think its being appealed, haven't heard much else on it though.

http://ujsportal.pacourts.us/DocketS...=NT-0000416-09
    Last edited by XD45; October 5th, 2009 at 03:00 AM.

(Allegheny County)

the ordinance has not been changed. personally, i can't see it surviving a challenge, though...although the courts have been known to completely defy logic before.

i wonder what the details of that case XD45 posted are. it will be interesting to see what happens on appeal and what the specifics are.
    F*S=k

(Allegheny County)

I actually know that magistrate in the case pretty well....I feel like talking to him and seeing what he says.

I personally am taking the case with a grain of salt considering the person in question is gunperson003. While the court records back up what he has said atleast to a point I still don't think i'd jump behind him in support for obvious reasons until more facts came out, which I don't see happening.

From what I heard he was OCing outside of the restricted area when approached by a county police officer, his gun was taken into evidence. I don't remember if he was arrested or given a summons but jump to the day of court and gunperson, who I assume was defending himself brought in info on preemption and while even the arresting officer sided with gunperson the magistrate found him guilty.

Again, obviously thats not the best timeline of events ever and is only worth the paper its written on but I see no reason to hide info from my fellow poofers.

http://ujsportal.pacourts.us/dockets...erID=201502842

Seems the appeal is the 19th
    Last edited by XD45; October 6th, 2009 at 08:38 AM. Reason: edit thanks to davem

(Allegheny County)

I think I am going to attend the hearing on the 19th...This case interests me a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by dab86 View Post
    I think I am going to attend the hearing on the 19th...This case interests me a lot.
    I was thinking of it also.

(Franklin County)

Quote Originally Posted by XD45 View Post
    I personally am taking the case with a grain of salt considering the person in question is gunperson003.
    How is that relevant? Why does it matter "who" he is?
    Quote Originally Posted by XD45 View Post
    While the court records back up what he has said atleast to a point I still don't think i'd jump behind him in support for obvious reasons until more facts came out, which I don't see happening.
    What "obvious reasons"? I'm curious what conditions you think alter someone's right to be free from prosecution while engaging in legal behavior?
    Get your "Guns Save Lives" stickers today! PM for more info.

(Allegheny County)

Just want to point out it was Allegheny County Police, not the Allegheny County Sheriff who made the arrest.
    "Having a gun and thinking you are armed is like having a piano and thinking you are a musician" Col. Jeff Cooper (U.S.M.C. Ret.)
    Speed is fine, Accuracy is final

Quote Originally Posted by gnbrotz View Post
    How is that relevant? Why does it matter "who" he is
    It matters who he is because his antics and stories have got him thrown off this forum along with others, so before giving info away that may cause people to put their name(or money in some cases) on the line for him I think they should be reminded all the facts aren't in, and where the info that is in came from.

Quote Originally Posted by gnbrotz View Post
    What "obvious reasons"? I'm curious what conditions you think alter someone's right to be free from prosecution while engaging in legal behavior?
    My comments have nothing to do with the legality of this issue and everything to do with being careful on what comes out of gunpersons mouth. Every part you quoted was simply me trying to put emphasis that what i'm posting is not fact and to be careful what you do with it.

Legally, he would seem to be getting f8cked in the ass harder, and further bent over than anyone I personally have known for a good while which is why I plan to be there the 19th, and urge anyone in the county or those outside that may come to our airport to be there aswell.

Quote Originally Posted by DaveM55 View Post
    Just want to point out it was Allegheny County Police, not the Allegheny County Sheriff who made the arrest.
    this would be correct, thanks for catching that. Not sure wtf I was thinking on that one.
    Last edited by XD45; October 6th, 2009 at 08:40 AM.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast