Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Resident

(York County)

Default New Resident

Hello Everyone,
    My wife and i just moved here from Las Vegas, NV and i've been trying to find a affordable place to go get in some range time but most of the indoor shooting ranges are way out of my price range at the moment...in Vegas you just went onto public land out in the desert and found yourself a safe place or if you wanted to shoot inside you just had to pay for the $10 range fee....anyhow does anyone know of gun-friendly public land that is open to target shooter? Thanks

Default Re: New Resident

Welcome to you and the wife to PA and the forum. Sorry, can't help with a shooting place for you, but be sure you and your wife get your PA license to carry firearms (LTCF) from your local sheriff.

Details and application are here:
    http://ycwebserver.york-county.org/s...concealed.html

(York County)

Quote Originally Posted by HiredGoon View Post
    Welcome to you and the wife to PA and the forum. Sorry, can't help with a shooting place for you, but be sure you and your wife get your PA license to carry firearms (LTCF) from your local sheriff.

Details and application are here:
    http://ycwebserver.york-county.org/s...concealed.html

^1. What he said. York County Sheriff, N. George St, downtown York. In and out in less than 30 minutes.

As for ranges, I am looking for one as well. Seems they all have reached their membership limits, and are backed up a couple hundred years.

Google: Starview, York Riflemen, West Shore Sportsman's, Isaac Walton League, etc.

By expensive, I take it you've been to Freedom Armory.

Good Luck! Welcome to PA, and to PAFOA!
    While many claim to support the right, precious few support the practice.

was York, now it's Pawley's Island, South Carolina

http://www.westshoresportsmen.org/index.html

I'm a member there. Indoor and a bunch of outdoor ranges at a reasonable yearly price. I haven't heard anything about being at capacity, but I guess it's possible. Shoot an email to the club secretary for info.

It's a good range with a decent amount of things going on. I just wish I had more time to spend there...

Quote Originally Posted by CEgunguy View Post
    Hello Everyone,
    My wife and i just moved here from Las Vegas, NV and i've been trying to find a affordable place to go get in some range time but most of the indoor shooting ranges are way out of my price range at the moment...in Vegas you just went onto public land out in the desert and found yourself a safe place or if you wanted to shoot inside you just had to pay for the $10 range fee....anyhow does anyone know of gun-friendly public land that is open to target shooter? Thanks
    First welcome to the site. Have you heard of, or been to Freedom Armory in Glen Rock It's around the corner from you. but it's not to cheap. There are a few clubs in the area. that have ranges. I belong to http://www.yorkiwla.org/ you may want to check out this link it is also close to you. it's a yearly membership but well worth the cost. PM me if i can help.

Try looking here:

http://www.acsha.com/

They do not have the stupid round limits PGC have, and no rapid fire limits.
    .50 friendly, and will be allowing full auto, in the future.

York City Pharmaceutical District, Pennsylvania
    (York County)

Send me a PM and I'll take you to the York Rifleman Club as my guest. It has an arm-twisting $1.00 range fee for guests.

-Steve

(York County)

I belong to that expensive indoor place. It's definitely not worth the $$$ unless you shoot often. Even then it is questionable. Since the rates went up not too long ago this will be my last membership year there.

I also belong to the Spring Grove Sportsman Club. I think it was $30 per year. They have an outdoor range, and there are some anal retentave range rules but it's a cheap place to shoot and really close to 7 Valleys. If you ever want to check it out I'd be happy to give you the grand tour. It ain't much to see, but it's a range.

Never been there, but the Jefferson Sportsman Club is supposed to be pretty nice. I don't know the rates but it's really close to you as well.

(York County)

Delta Peach Bottom Fish and Game is cheap. Isaac Walton is very reasonable.
    9mm = 45acp set on "stun"

(York County)

I have been wanting to get over to the Delta fish and game. Haven't had the pleasure yet.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast