Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Dauphin County)

Default Riding on Amtrak.

Hey Guys and Gals:

I am going to be riding on Amtrak to Philadelphia for business in the near future. I can not find any information about carrying concealed? Has anybody done this, and can you provide me with information?

Thanks!

(Bucks County)

Default Re: Riding on Amtrak.

Read this and decide for yourself:

http://www.pafoa.org/forum/concealed...cw-trains.html

(Cambria County)

http://www.amtraktrains.com/page.php?x=geninfo

Carry-on baggage: Amtrak trains have limited room for carry-on baggage. Passengers are encouraged to use checked baggage service whenever it is available. For the safety and comfort of everyone on board, [Amtrak] encourage passengers to bring no more than two pieces per person. Sleeping car passengers may bring additional pieces but only two or three average-sized suitcases will fit in the largest of rooms. Only carry-on baggage of reasonable quality, size, and weight (50 lbs./23 kg. maximum per piece) is permitted. Amtrak disclaims liability for carry-on baggage, including bicycles carried on trains by passengers. Dangerous or illegal items, including all firearms and weapons of any type, are prohibited on board trains.

(Philadelphia County)

What Amtrak doesn't know won't hurt them.

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by MarcS View Post
    What Amtrak doesn't know won't hurt them.
    I agree with that statement wholeheartedly. You probaly won't need it on the train but eventually you have to get off!
    In their hearts humans plan their course, but the LORD establishes their steps.

(Delaware County)

Be sure to keep it concealed on the train. I sure would not go into Philadelphia without at least one handgun. I usually have my BUG with me as well any more when I have to venture into the big town.

To my knowledge, Amtrak does not have any metal detectors in Philadelphia 30th Street station. Not to say that they couldn't install them one day. I have read that supposedly TSA does have some jurisdiction for the safety on Amtrak but I have never seen anything at the few stations that I frequent (PHL, DC, NYC) to support that.

Be safe and stay in condition yellow on the streets in Philadelphia, especially after dark.

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by NineseveN View Post
    ... Passengers are encouraged to use checked baggage service whenever it is available. .....
    FYI

My fiancée recently traveled to Pittsburgh from Philly, she was going to use the "checked baggage service" but was told the bags wouldn't be on the same train, no baggage car, she would have to pick her bags up hours later (after her train arrived) she got the same response for the trip home

On another note, no metal detectors around at 30th Street Station, just a guy at the top of the steps checking tickets to allow you down the steps to the trains.