Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Northampton County)

Default has anyone used a Bushnell Tactical Elite?

Has anyone used this scope?

Bushnell Tactical Elite 1x32 Red/Green T-Dot Riflescope - $138

It’s a little more then I was looking to spend but it looks awesome and has iron sights on top of the scope itself, plus some neat features….

I found it on Amazon there are a few good reviews and a really bad one saying they consistently have reticle alignment problems of 3* in either direction. Please let me know what you think. If you get a bad one would it be covered under the warrantee?

http://www.amazon.com/Bushnell-Tacti...pr_product_top

I don’t know much about scopes so I’m looking for some help. I plan on using the scope on a Hi-point 995 TS carbine.

I was original trying to stay under 100 so if this is not a good scope let me know what would be a good alternative. Also I’m looking for one that will fit a picatinny Weaver rail (at least I think that’s what it’s has)

Default Re: has anyone used a Bushnell Tactical Elite?

I had actually looked at this optic before and thought it might fit what you were looking for and a bit more quality; but then I figured it was almost another half of what you intended to spent, so maybe out of the price range.

I have never used this optic, although it does really look like an ACOG. I read the review and don't necessarily think that it was designed to be used in a different way, but it doesn't matter. It really doesn't matter if someone thinks you bought some cheap ACOG clone if it is reliable and does what you need it to. Either way, some people would like to have a decent optic that looks like a very expensive one.

I can tell you that Bushnell honors their warranty and if you found one to be canted, they will be happy to give you a refund or replacement. The person that kept complaining about alignment problems sounded like a "know it all" to me. Makes me think that how they hold the rifle was canted from how the scope was mounted, it happens all the time with multiple users that hold rifles differently or with different builds. I wouldn't doubt at all if this person was canting the rifle. That user doesn't really say if the reticle was canted from the turrets (which is what really matters); or if it just looked canted from how they shouldered the rifle. If it's canted from how you shoulder the rifle, that's a VERY easy fix; if the reticle is canted from the turrets by a lot,then it needs to be sent back if it doesn't track correctly. I think it was more of his problem is 4 out of 4 were canted, because that's a 100% failure rate and even at 50/50 I think you'd see a lot more about the problem if it existed as prevalent as the poster said.

Bushnell makes some pretty good glass for the money. Some of their really cheap stuff isn't the best glass, but most of their mid range priced stuff is good glass. I own and have shot quite a few Bushnell Elite 3200 and 4200 scopes (which are quite different than the tactical elite), but their "elite" line in the 3200 and 4200 is great glass for the money. Of all the optics you've posted up so far, I think this one will last you the longest and has the best chance of satisfying what you might want. As far as I know all Bushnell scopes have a limited lifetime warranty from workmanship defects, so you're pretty safe there.

(York County)

I would try to handle one before buying it. And then buy that one if you like it. I was going to purchase one and then found out the reticle was pretty fuzzy, so I didn't get it. I'm sure that's not the case with all of them, but I wouldn't order online just to make sure it doesn't end up that way when it gets to your door.

I've had older Bushnell & tasco scopes & had trouble with every single one of them. (Fogging, reticules turning, or moving, etc.) The newer ones are probably better quality, but I'll never but another cheap scope. I will say that they always replaced the scope for me, but enough was enough & I put Leupold scopes of all my rifles years ago. If I needed a scope for a rifle now, I'd only buy Leupold, but that's just my opinion.

(Berks County)

There are higher grade, tougher built ACOG style sights/scopes then that model, but not for the $$$ spent which as a good bang for the buck. Tactical in looks, and design, but not constructed for real life Tactical usage.

Just read the Amazon reviews. Interestingly the lone complainer claims others have had similar issue, yet no posted complaints from others.

Plus, he was 4 for 4 for bad. Interesting.

Shirt tailing Bob Cat's comments; I'd like a full frontal view of his face to see if he wears glasses & if they're 'tilted', or if his eyes are crooked.

If NADA on those two, then how he holds a long gun.

(Berks County)

I have that scope. I've used it on my AR, the STG-556, and my Beretta Storm 9mm. It's a solid scope, tough, and it has open sights on top of it, too. I would recommend it, it's a solid scope. It's not an EOTech, but it does the job.

(York County)

I have one also.... It is pretty nice for the money....I would recommend it also.

(Allegheny County)

I just bought one and used it on my AR today.

It was easy to zero.

It's pretty accurate and I didn't have any trouble with it at all.
    "Having a gun and thinking you are armed is like having a piano and thinking you are a musician" Col. Jeff Cooper (U.S.M.C. Ret.)
    Speed is fine, Accuracy is final

(Northampton County)

Quote Originally Posted by DaveM55 View Post
    I just bought one and used it on my AR today.

It was easy to zero.

It's pretty accurate and I didn't have any trouble with it at all.
    thanks for the review. i bought another scope but i am hoping to get an AR down the road and use this scope with it. so its good to know they work well together....
    Utinam barbari spatium proprium tuum invadant!

(Montgomery County)

I also have one that was on my M6A2 for a while. It really it a pretty tough lil piece for the money, and easy to adjust. It kept zero for me, and yes, it does have open partridge style sights on top. My only gripe is that it's a little heavy for a 1x optic. The other side of that, though, is that the extra material on it makes it stronger. I'm trying to stay lightweight, so I'm trying a couple other red dot optics too. However, I have no trouble recommending the Bushnell.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast