Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    (Clinton County)

Default Cigar discussion

Anyone else here a fan of the leaf? I just got into this myself about 6 months back. I had abstained from smoking due to the stigma but figured I would give it a try and found it enjoyable. I smoke about 1-3 cigars weekly. I enjoy Rocky Patel as well as Padron(really hard to find). I'm always looking for some new brands to try. I find that I like the medium to full body best. Any suggestions?

(Berks County)

Default Re: Cigar discussion

I buy mine from Cigarsinternational.com. I like Gurkas and occasionally spring for a Fuente Opus X. I'm lucky if I find time to smoke 1 a week. I also like the medium to full smokes. I usually get robustos as far as sizes go.

(Montgomery County)

I used to smoke 10-12 cigars/week; but I've been trying to cut back, especially since JR CIGARS no longer carries the Upmann Super Fuertes that I loved - seven inches with a 54 ring cage of pure smoking bliss. I've recently switched to Partagas Blacks that are almost as good.

(Clinton County)

I started using Thompson Cigar Company. I just ordered on of their samplers. I am looking forward to trying the new Rocky Patel cigar coming out next month that has the Nicaraguan filling with a Lancaster, PA wrapper. Its supposedly a very flavorful cigar.

(Delaware County)

Try Punch Rare Corojo.
    also Puros Indios are good inexpensive cigars.
    CAO MX2 is also a good one.

http://www.famous-smoke.com/ has good prices and is right near Allentown
    Of every one hundred men in battle, ten should not even be there. Eighty, are nothing but targets. Nine are the real fighters, we are lucky to have them since they make the battle. Ah, but the one—one is the Warrior—and he brings the others home. —Heracletus

(Northampton County)

I use Cigars International...I probably smoke 1-4 per week, depending on whats going on that week...

I love the CAO MX2 cigars, they are a dark cigar and are excellent. Also, Perdomo and Olivia are both excellent smokes.

If you get a chance to get down to the Lehigh Valley, definitely check out the Cigars International superstore and lounge, and just browse...
    And don't think you're off the hook, voters, you're the ones who made this bed. Now you're the ones who are going to have to move over so a gay couple can sleep in it. Tomorrow you're all going to wake up in a brave new world, a world where the Constitution gets trampled by an army of terrorist clones, created in a stem-cell research lab run by homosexual doctors who sterilize their instruments over burning American flags. -- Stephen Colbert

(Centre County)

I don't care for using Thompson as in the past I have gotten too many cigars from them that were too dry. JR's and cigarinternational are good places. I'll have to try famous-smoke. I like Partagas, Macanudo, Fuentes, Punch, Don Tomas, Romeo y Juliette, etc., etc. (too many good brands to list). Especially like it when I get to Canada and can pick up some true Cuban Cohibas. I also like a large ring cigar, they seem to smoke better.

t1m0thy, if you want to bone up on cigars, pick up a copy of Cigar Aficionado or go to www..cigaraficionado.com.
    Ron USAF Ret E-8 FFL01/SOT3 NRA Benefactor Member

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by t1m0thy View Post
    Anyone else here a fan of the leaf? I just got into this myself about 6 months back. I had abstained from smoking due to the stigma but figured I would give it a try and found it enjoyable. I smoke about 1-3 cigars weekly. I enjoy Rocky Patel as well as Padron(really hard to find). I'm always looking for some new brands to try. I find that I like the medium to full body best. Any suggestions?

Medium to Full Body has tons of offerings. Which Rocky Patel are you buying most frequently? If you are buying the Padron X000 series in Maduro, you could also try the Oliva Serie G Maduro (The "Natural" Serie G is a Cameroon which isn't similar to the Padron Natural).

I also like the J. Fuego Delirium and 777 Corojo (Brazilian grown corojo wrapper). Both are solid medium bodied sticks with the Delirium being Maduro.

Full Bodied seems to be open to interpretation as of late. If you want something full throttle, there is the new Cain Straight Ligero line (Habano and Maduro wrappers), CAO LX2, El Cobre (Oliva Product), Rocky Patel Edge, El Rico Habano, Joya de Nicaragua Antano, among others...

(Clinton County)

I just picked up a Padron 1926 the other day. I'm saving that one for a special occasion. I smoked an Old World Reserve(RP) this weekend. I really liked the spicy flavor.

(Monroe County)

Quote Originally Posted by t1m0thy View Post
    Tim, if you like Rocky and Padron, you will LOVE God of Fire... Take my word for it, I've smoked well over 500+ brands, and we both like Rocky & Padron's.

God of Fire is a little expensive but well worth it!!

http://www.godoffire.com/main/gof_menu.htm
    WAKE UP OR WACO!

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast