Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Thread: C&R Questions

Default C&R Questions

C&R related question, I read somewhere that whoever would respond if you called 911 is your local CLEO. I called the Fogelsville PSP (I live in New Tripoli) and they said to mail it into the department, to no one in specific, just mail it in or drop it off. Do I need to also send a copy to anyone else? Sheriff Rossi for example?

Thanks!

Where liberty is but a flickering flame in the distance., New Jersey

Default Re: C&R Questions

Quote Originally Posted by Mootness View Post
    C&R related question, I read somewhere that whoever would respond if you called 911 is your local CLEO. I called the Fogelsville PSP (I live in New Tripoli) and they said to mail it into the department, to no one in specific, just mail it in or drop it off. Do I need to also send a copy to anyone else? Sheriff Rossi for example?

Thanks!
    I sent mine into the DelCo Sheriff. I don't know if I would bother sending it to the local cops as I think the CLEO is usually the sheriff. Maybe just to cover yourself send a copy to both.

Quote Originally Posted by adymond View Post
    I sent mine into the DelCo Sheriff. I don't know if I would bother sending it to the local cops as I think the CLEO is usually the sheriff. Maybe just to cover yourself send a copy to both.

The city where I live, New Tripoli, does not have its own police department. By PSP I meant Pennsylvania State Police, the local barracks, in the next town over- Fogelsville.

Instruction #3 on the form says "Applicants must submit copy 2 of this form to the Chief Law Enforcement Office (CLEO) in the locality in which the premises sought to be licensed are located. The CLEO is the Chief of Police, the Sheriff, or an equivalent officer, or the designee of such individual."

In my case the local police department for me is the local PSP barracks.

Should it then be submitted to both the Sheriff Rossi's office as well as the PSP barracks?

(Lehigh County)

Just the Lehigh County Sheriff's Office, unless something has changed...

Where liberty is but a flickering flame in the distance., New Jersey

Quote Originally Posted by Mootness View Post
    The city where I live, New Tripoli, does not have its own police department. By PSP I meant Pennsylvania State Police, the local barracks, in the next town over- Fogelsville.

Instruction #3 on the form says "Applicants must submit copy 2 of this form to the Chief Law Enforcement Office (CLEO) in the locality in which the premises sought to be licensed are located. The CLEO is the Chief of Police, the Sheriff, or an equivalent officer, or the designee of such individual."

In my case the local police department for me is the local PSP barracks.

Should it then be submitted to both the Sheriff Rossi's office as well as the PSP barracks?
    My understanding is that the county sheriff is the CLEO not the local barracs of the State Police. Even if you had township/borough/municipality LEO it would still be the Sheriff.

Though if you want to be sure go ahead and copy the application and send a copy to both.

(Lehigh County)

Sheriff's Dept.is where it goes.

(Schuylkill County)

I don't think it matters. Some places in MD have town police, county police, county sheriffs and state police who all respond when there's a break-in. We all send ours to different people and it's never been a problem. Pick one and send it along. I sent mine to the county sheriff 10 miles north of here. My friend in the same town sent his to the state police barracks 3 miles south of here. Some send it to the Firearms Division of the state police in a totally different county. It doesn't matter, as long as it's done.