Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: G20 Thank You

(Westmoreland County)

Default G20 Thank You

Thanks to all of the Law Enforcement, Fire and EMS personal that prevented the activities from getting out of control. Your long hours and time away from your familes is truely apprieciated.
    Friends don't let friends buy Taurus's

(Allegheny County)

Default Re: G20 Thank You

I'll second that.

(Chester County)

Glad it went well for you guys! Its nice to see a thread where they aren't considered scum...
    Last edited by d90king; September 27th, 2009 at 12:36 PM.

(Allegheny County)

Thanks, guys. This thread is greatly appreciated.

I'm trying to understand the anti public safety rhetoric and I have to admit that I'm really surprised to see as much of it as I have here. Nobody's perfect and cops, paramedics and firefighters make mistakes and don't always use good judgment. Kinda that "free will" thing again that God gave us. Still, the amount of blatent condemnation I've seen still surprises me. Maybe someone that has been here longer than I can help me to understand so I can figure out whether it's me or not.
    "Whoever said the pen is mightier than the sword obviously never encountered automatic weapons."
    -Gen. Douglas MacArthur

(Allegheny County)

Agreed. It appears that Pittsburgh saw far less damage than other host cities.

Although, I question some of the tactics employed, namely using intimidation, tear gas, and sound weapons to disperse non-protesting crowds.

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by officer64 View Post
    Thanks, guys. This thread is greatly appreciated.

I'm trying to understand the anti public safety rhetoric and I have to admit that I'm really surprised to see as much of it as I have here. Nobody's perfect and cops, paramedics and firefighters make mistakes and don't always use good judgment. Kinda that "free will" thing again that God gave us. Still, the amount of blatent condemnation I've seen still surprises me. Maybe someone that has been here longer than I can help me to understand so I can figure out whether it's me or not.
    Without taking this thread off track I'll try to answer that. All of us here take our rights and the law VERY seriously, so when we see something that is any kind of violation of either we land on it with both feet. When the violation is committed by someone charged with upholding the law and protecting our rights we put on the steel toed, spiked cleats before jumping. Minor infraction or major, if it violates a right it gets the same response. From the various videos of LEO actions during the G20 theres lots of jumping to be done, both on those who violated rights and those who simply stood by and watched their brothers do it. If anyone wants to discuss this further, please start a new thread as to not derail this one and feel free to quote my post in said thread.

That said, to those officers who did their job the way they're supposed to (and never had the vids uploaded to the web), Kudos on a job well done and thank you for doing the job.
    Please help my Baby Kitties and I avoid being homeless.

(Franklin County)

To Officer64, Uncle Jumbo, and other LEOs on here. First, I cant believe you come onto this board and announce that your are LEO. You are just opening up the anti government sentiment on this and many other boards.

Second. Thank you wholeheartedly for what you guys do every day. I am glad to have the police out there on the streets, and if occassionaly they are "human" and screw up, oh well cant be perfect all the time. Thanks again for being that "thin blue (or grey for UJ) line". A lot of us do appreciate what you do

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by hzox221 View Post
    Thanks to all of the Law Enforcement, Fire and EMS personal that prevented the activities from getting out of control. Your long hours and time away from your familes is truely apprieciated.
    Agreed.

Here's another thread some may be interested in...
    http://forum.pafoa.org/general-2/292...periences.html

I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by mjfletcher View Post
    Without taking this thread off track...
    After watching a good amount of videos online, I will say that I have nothing constructive to add to this thread, other than saying +1 rep to mjfletcher for eloquently stating the opposing view.
    ==============
    “If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquillity of servitude than the animating contest of freedom, — go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen!”
    ~Samuel Adams

"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it."
    ~Thomas Jefferson, 1791

I was out there as part of the Federal team supporting USSS (which in turn had the lead, but still essentially supporting Pittsburgh and AC PDs).

I was amazed that we saw as few injuries reported as we did. Even though it's now post-event, OPSEC still prevents me from providing all the details -- but suffice it to say that first aid stations were set up around the DLL Convention Center, and PA (state) had a disaster medical team staged nearby, but the reported number of patients were ridiculously low. Maybe a few rights were trampled, but they didn't seem to cause many (if any) significant physical injuries requiring medical attention.

Good job to Pittsburgh and AC PDs...made my life on the night shift really, really boring.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast