Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    (Clinton County)

Default Law and Order turned into left wing propaganda

http://blogs.abcnews.com/politicalpu...-premiere.html

I'm watching the episode on my DVR now...I have a feeling after its over I won't be watching Law and Order anymore. I've already got major douche chills and I'm only 20 minutes in. NBC is becoming unwatchable.

(Indiana County)

Default Re: Law and Order turned into left wing propaganda

Quote Originally Posted by t1m0thy View Post
    http://blogs.abcnews.com/politicalpu...-premiere.html

I'm watching the episode on my DVR now...I have a feeling after its over I won't be watching Law and Order anymore. I've already got major douche chills and I'm only 20 minutes in. NBC is becoming unwatchable.
    You only noticed this now?

Law and order has always been.... bad.....

For one, they treat civil rights in the show as some sort of bad thing "good police" have to get around. I remember one episode where a little girl died because the police weren't issued a search warrant for some home. :-/

Count two, it does nothing, whatsoever, to promote fully informed juries. :-/

Three, it gives a highly warped tv-ized view of how things work in real life.

I hate law and order... Hate CSI, hate all those shows...

(Montgomery County)

Another problem is our concept of 'Innocent until proven guilty'? Bush and his administration have not been before a judge and jury. A lot of people believe he did all sorts of bad things and we are free to say that. We are free to call for them to be taken to visit that judge and jury.

However a lot of people who sit in front of those TV's will now think that a hearing was held and guilt was found. And at that trial only one side was allowed to give testimony.

Also the more Bush is made to look bad the better Obama is for rescuing us from him. The idea being 'if we went with anyone other than Obama we are giving our OK to what he did'.

And we are supporting torture if we don't give Obama our greatest support.

(Allegheny County)

Prosecuting people that authorized torture is left wing propaganda? Is it still left wing propaganda when 2nd amendment activists are tortured under the same laws?

(Luzerne County)

Quote Originally Posted by mjf View Post

This ^^^^^^^^

danbus wrote: ...Like I said before, I open carry because you don't, I fight for all my rights because
    you won't, I will not sit with my thumb up my bum and complain, because you will.
    Remember Meleanie

This is nothing new. They fired Michael Moriarity - ADA Ben Stone for telling the Klintonistas to shove it.

In 1993, Moriarty gained notoriety amongst conservatives during his public battle with former Attorney General Janet Reno. Moriarty was an outspoken critic of her efforts to curb violence on television, in which she threatened to intervene if television executives didn’t comply with her demands.

According to Moriarty, he was essentially blackballed by NBC and slowly written out of the series because of his outspoken criticisms of Reno. Eventually, Moriarty departed from "Law & Order" and politically-exiled himself to Canada.

Moriarty has continued his acting career and gained attention in Canada as being an outspoken critic of their oppressive tax system, strict gun-control laws and taxpayer-funded health-care system.

Q: In 1993 you stood up to (then) Attorney General Reno and publicly criticized her assault on the First Amendment, which eventually lead to you being pushed out of your role as Ben Stone on "Law & Order." Tell us about this meeting, what was her reaction to you and the issues you raised?

MORIARTY: Janet Reno’s response to me was a “Stake-out.” I had basically told the entire Clinton administration to take a hike; they were breaking the Constitution of the United States. The FBI stalked me at my usual steakhouse, Gallaghers in Manhattan. Cops of all sorts hang out there. The FBI was so obvious to me that they got upset that I could identify them so quickly.

Then, at another bistro of mine, Patsy’s on 56th street, the CIA showed up, four of them. They are very sophisticated and witty. They asked me, “Michael, who do you want to leave the United States?” I repeated my estimation of the Clinton Administration and said I’m not intimidated by the threat of being “road kill.”

So, that was the “response” of Janet Reno to my exposure of her obvious unconstitutional behavior. She had waltzed into Waco with her Federal posse and basically told the governor to get out of the way. Then she assaults Colorado at Ruby Ridge and kills two members of a free North American family. That is blatant Soviet federalism; rather like the condition we have up here in Canada. Finally, she hands the child of an émigré from Havana, Elian Gonzales, over to a dictator named Fidel Castro.

(Clinton County)

Quote Originally Posted by mjf View Post

For one, they treat civil rights in the show as some sort of bad thing "good police" have to get around. I remember one episode where a little girl died because the police weren't issued a search warrant for some home. :-/

Count two, it does nothing, whatsoever, to promote fully informed juries. :-/

Three, it gives a highly warped tv-ized view of how things work in real life.

I hate law and order... Hate CSI, hate all those shows...
    Quote Originally Posted by Pa. Patriot View Post
    This ^^^^^^^^
    I remember getting annoyed with a few episodes but it wasn't intolerable. I have watched the show for a long time and was able to filter it out. This just pushed me over the edge completely.

This is slightly off topic, but still NBC related....I like the show Frasier. I think its a riot, but they are anti gun on that show. Martin has even said point blank that he doesnt believe civilians should have guns.

Even though one of the episodes has Martin practicing improper gun safety and the gun goes off in Frasiers apartment. And anothe episode they hunt ducks with shotguns. And another episode where Martin says, well what are we going to do if a robber breaks in?

There are more episodes where other show members voice their disgust for guns.

(Lehigh County)

I don't watch it often, but when I do I usually end up yelling at the TV. "What the hell are you even talking to the police for?", "Quit posting and get a lawyer!". "WTF happened to the constitution?"

The wife hates when I watch that anymore.
    Your freedom to be you includes my freedom to be free from you. -Andrew Wilkow

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by Siobhra View Post
    Another problem is our concept of 'Innocent until proven guilty'? Bush and his administration have not been before a judge and jury...
    I'm afraid not much of your post made any sense. "Innocent until proven guilty" doesn't mean we have to pretend we're too retarded to realize OJ did it. It means we can't imprison, execute, assault or expropriate OJ without first convincing a jury of his guilt. This system was designed on the assumption that it's better to let ten OJ's go free, than to punish one innocent man.

Bush's guilt is obvious to anyone with any sense, as is Clinton's guilt for sexual assault and probably rape, and Obama's guilt for doing the same things Bush did, as well as conspiring to help Bush avoid prosecution. (His motive is simple enough: one day he'll be an ex-president, and he doesn't want to be prosecuted either.)

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast