Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Dauphin County)

Default argument turned good

so yesterday afternoon i was sitting at a local American Legion having an adult beverage and enjoying a tv show on tactical weapon when a couple walked in looking for aplace to sit..
    i looked around and asked if they wanted to sit at the bar i would move down, they said thanks you odnt have to but i did and they sat, we started bsing a bit he bought me a drink and we were talking about bikes since his lady friend seen my bike outside and they came on one also.

i make a statement about the one rifle they were showing on tv and the gun talk started lol, just normal stuff nothign serious and i stated that i carry all the time but that i wasnt at the present because i was out having drinks and would just be bar hopping and i had other means of protection. ( 2 knives and a pink kubaton lol)

he then started a conversation asking what i thought about "the woman in Lebanon" i stated i thought it was great and that i have met her, we discussed the crime in the area and though we agreed protecting yourself and children is fine he argued the fact of concealment, wich is fine everyone has an opinion, i stated my 2 main reasons why i carry openly ( detterant,comfort) and he of course stated hidden ='s suprise..

then we got into the ( conceal permit) thing lol and he said you cant carry in philly or pitt for any reason and this is where the argument started.. i stated that yes you can in both but you needed a LTCF which you have no where on it does it say conceal or permit...
    he argued for a few minutes about philly and pitt when i said listen here is a flyer this has actual laws and statures stated on here and everythign put in easy to read terms, i opened the flyer and pointed to the part about carrying in a city of the first class he said " whats that mean?" i said a city of the first class is a city with over 1M people in it and that pitt however close they are arent yet, and that you can carry in philly concealed or open as long as you have your LTCF< he said "so i need to get another license ?" i said no you said you have it already, and he said " but the sheriffs office said i had to keep it concealed" blah blah blah... i said read the flyer and go to the websites on the back and read read read...

after that we mainly talked about how much we use to shoot and how much ammo costs and then bs about the bikes, me having a Harley and him having a Triumph.. nice bike btw... so hopefully he will come on and read up and feel better about carrying...
    Tigers love pepper, they don't like cinnamon !

(York County)

Default Re: argument turned good

Nicely done, although it sounds more like you had a discussion, rather than an argument!

Good on you for having a flyer handy even without carrying!
    While many claim to support the right, precious few support the practice.

(Northampton County)

but the sheriffs office said i had to keep it concealed" blah blah blah...
    Good job.....now if we can get the county sheriff depts to stop spreading BS info..........

Good story...ride safe.

(Dauphin County)

lmao well the way he came back at me saying it wasnt legal to carry in philly and pitt it was an argument trust me lol but it worked out...

(Delaware County)

I'm sure a lot of people who illegally carry in Philly (criminals) love the fact that a sheriff is telling people they can't legally carry at all. Makes committing crime a whole lot easier.

Kudos 4XL...excellent interaction!!!

Quote Originally Posted by 4XLT View Post
    ( 2 knives and a pink kubaton lol)
    This is really messing with my head, an image of you carrying a pink kubaton around. I probably won't be able to sleep tonight.

(Lebanon County)

good post. I really need to get my printer working and get some of those fliers. Do you guys just keep them in your pockets just incase? lol
    si vis pacem, para bellum

(Dauphin County)

i usually keep 2 in my wallet folded up and soem in my truck console

Pennsy it was a gift lol and at some point i have to get a picture of me at a biker bar with it in my hand lol

thats going to be the tough part cuz i kn ow most of the people and most of the biker bars around here lmao i wont hear the end of it !!!

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by PennsyPlinker View Post
    This is really messing with my head, an image of you carrying a pink kubaton around. I probably won't be able to sleep tonight.
    Really, these are probably the knives he carries

watch those bars big fella, I hear if you hang in them long enough you may see a few of these ....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast