Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Northampton County)

Default CLEO Question...

Okay,
    I called my local Police Department, which is VERY small. I was given the option to either speak with the officer on duty, or leave a message with the CLEO, so I left a message. I told him I wanted to arrange a meeting with him to look over some papers from the ATF.

Now I left that message on Thursday, and asked him to call me back, and still nothing. Should I wait a little longer, or should I go into the police station (also the township center) and hope to catch him there? Also where I live my mailing address is different then the police that patrol my area, do you think I could get away with going to my mailing addresses police station, (which is much larger and I actually have several friends working there) or must I use the CLEO from my township?

Thanks!

(Montgomery County)

Default Re: CLEO Question...

What happens when you call PennDOT and they do not get back to you, what should you do if you call the PA Dept. of Labor and they do not get back to you? Call them again, visit them etc. You do realize that the CLEO works for a service organization that has you as the customer. Act as though you are the customer and seek out what you desire. Be firm, polite and persistent.

(Chester County)

If it has been a week I would call again, mention you left a message last week and had not heard back.

Not sure about the jurisdiction of your CLEO, borough or whatever vs township, I know you can use your Sheriff, looks like they are NFA friendly according to this site.

(Northampton County)

I called my local Chief 3 times now, and still nothing back, so I decided to look into a sheriff route. Called up my County Sheriff asking for an appointment, they told me to just drop the papers off, and they will sign them, and mail them back to me, turns out I got pretty lucky. Considering I've been waiting for this chief to call me back, and the sheriff will do it without so much as a question.