Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Dauphin County)

Default "Newbie Shoot" Wed, September 30th, Clark's Valley

Hey all,

I am taking a co-worker of mine to the range back Clarks Valley, this coming Wednesday.

He has never shot anything but the Beretta M9 in basic training, in the 80's.
    He is saving for the purchase of his first firearm, and he wants a small enough handgun to conceal, he already has his license, just has to decide what to buy.

I do know this, he is very interested in the PPK/s, but was going to purchase the new PK380 because it's much less expensive. After talking with him, he has decided to wait a bit, and do some research. I currently have a Para Warthog, in .45, a Walther P99 in .40, and a Charter Arms hammerless in .38. Not exactly the biggest selection, especially for EDC, with the P99!

Here is what I'm thinking of, a VERY relaxed hour/hour and a half (longer if he wants) go over the basics again for him, get him familiar with the controls of each gun, then let him shoot each one.

There are a few he was pretty interested in, if anybody wants to come out, and has one of these, PLEASE bring them!

Glocks, regardless of size/caliber, they are close enough he can get a feel for them
    Kel-Tec's any kind/caliber
    Walther PPK or PK380 or PPS
    Compact Beretta's
    Ruger LCP
    Or any other Compact Handguns that work well for Concealed Carry.

He is Really concerned with the Walthers, but would like to at least get to handle different kinds/models.

Again, this is a pretty relaxed time, so far, it is just he and I, but if somebody else wants to meet us there, we can definitely take a few pics for on here!

(Allegheny County)

Default Re: "Newbie Shoot" Wed, September 30th, Clark's Valley

I have no clue where you guys are, but you should consider a road trip to a group shoot at PMSC.

(Dauphin County)

We are located in central PA, he lives in Harrisburg, I live in Halifax. We get off work at 715 Wednesday morning, and wanted to go there since it's in the middle of our houses.
    I'm trying to keep it short and simple for him, educational without being overbearing. As much as I would love a road trip to Pitt for a group shoot, I have a feeling that he might get bored........

(Dauphin County)

Just 12 hrs away!
    Looks like it's just he and I.........