Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Delaware County)

Default Anti-Gun Senator Shoots Intruder

this is old but I don't recall seeing it here.
    http://www2.timesdispatch.com/rtd/ne...me/287987/P10/

Aug 24, 2009

Long time Anti-Gun Advocate State Senator R.C. Soles, 74, shot one of two intruders at his home just outsideTabor City, N.C. about 5 p.m. Sunday, the prosecutor for the politician's home county said.

The victim, Kyle Blackburn, was taken to a South Carolina hospital, but the injuries were not reported to be life-threatening, according to Rex Gore, district attorney for Columbus, Bladen and Brunswick counties.

The State Bureau of Investigation and Columbus County Sheriff's Department are investigating the shooting, Gore said. Soles, who was not arrested,=2 0declined to discuss t he incident Sunday evening.

"I am not in a position to talk to you," Soles said by telephone. "I'm right in the middle of an investigation."

Soles, a top-ranking Democrat and the longest-serving member of the legislature, already was the subject of an SBI investigation over sexual misconduct allegations with former male clients. (FHW - Now, that sounds more like a liberal to me).

The Senator, who has made a career of being against gun ownership for the general public, didn't hesitate to defend himself with his own gun when he believed he was in immediate danger and he was the victim.

In typical hypocritical liberal fashion, the "Do As I Say And Not As I Do" Anti-Gun Activist Lawmaker picked up his gun and took action in what apparently was a self-defense shooting. Why hypocritical you may ask? It is because his long legislative record shows that the actions that he took to protect his family, his own response to a dangerous life threatening situation, are actions that he feels ordinary citizens should not have if they were faced with an identical situation.

It has prompted some to ask if the Senator believes his life and personal safety is more valuable than yours or mine.
    But, this is to be expected from those who believe they can run our lives, raise our kids, and protect our families better than we can.
    Of every one hundred men in battle, ten should not even be there. Eighty, are nothing but targets. Nine are the real fighters, we are lucky to have them since they make the battle. Ah, but the one—one is the Warrior—and he brings the others home. —Heracletus

(Chester County)

Default Re: Anti-Gun Senator Shoots Intruder

Does this really surprise anyone? Typical politician...

This is the first I've seen this though. Thanks for posting.

(Beaver County)

Quote Originally Posted by smithwessn View Post
    Does this really surprise anyone? Typical politician...

This is the first I've seen this though. Thanks for posting.
    I couldn't have said it better

(Luzerne County)

Quote Originally Posted by 5711-Marine View Post
    Soles, a top-ranking Democrat and the longest-serving member of the legislature, already was the subject of an SBI investigation over sexual misconduct allegations with former male clients. (FHW - Now, that sounds more like a liberal to me).
    This is why I laugh when the right bitches about the media.

First, it was a client, not clients.

Second, the client was a convicted felon with a rap sheet a mile long who recanted well before this story was published.

Third and fourth, Soles just voted in favor of the castle doctrine, AND the nra gives him an A.

Of course, that doesn't cause the vein-popping knee-jerk reaction that the right needs, so it's better to slam a democrat than praise a gun-supporting senator fighting for your rights (NC).

That's a shame. Good luck winning elections with that attitude.

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by CarolinaGuy View Post
    This is why I laugh when the right bitches about the media.

First, it was a client, not clients.

Second, the client was a convicted felon with a rap sheet a mile long who recanted well before this story was published.

Third and fourth, Soles just voted in favor of the castle doctrine, AND the nra gives him an A.

Of course, that doesn't cause the vein-popping knee-jerk reaction that the right needs, so it's better to slam a democrat than praise a gun-supporting senator fighting for your rights (NC).

That's a shame. Good luck winning elections with that attitude.
    Holy moly, you're right! R C Soles has an NRA A rating for 2008! Also, the OP's link gives me much different text than what was posted. Here's what I see:

By AP

Published: August 24, 2009

TABOR CITY, N.C. — A sheriff says a North Carolina state senator shot one of two intruders at his home and hospital officials say the man is in fair condition.

Multiple media outlets reported that Columbus County Sheriff Chris Batten said that 74-year-old Sen. R.C. Soles of Tabor City shot Kyle Blackburn late Sunday afternoon.

A spokeswoman at Loris Community Hospital in South Carolina said Monday that Blackburn was in fair condition.

Batten says the shooting occurred when two men went to the senator’s house and tried to kick in his front door. No charges have been filed.

The sheriff’s office said the State Bureau of Investigation was handling the case. A call to an agency spokeswoman was not immediately returned. There was no answer at a number listed for Soles’ home.

The Democrat has been in the Senate 32 years.
    What gives?

(Luzerne County)

Quote Originally Posted by Philbert View Post
    Holy moly, you're right! R C Soles has an NRA A rating for 2008! Also, the OP's link gives me much different text than what was posted. Here's what I see:
    Damn, didn't even click the link since I knew it was some loony rightwing "untruth"...but you're right, the link doesn't match the quote.

What's up with that, 5711?

The victim, Kyle Blackburn, was taken to a South Carolina hospital...
    As I read it, Kyle Blackburn is the perpetrator. How does he get victim status?

(Berks County)

Same link, different take on it from AP -

TIMES DISPATCH ARTICLE

By AP

Published: August 24, 2009

TABOR CITY, N.C. — A sheriff says a North Carolina state senator shot one of two intruders at his home and hospital officials say the man is in fair condition.

Multiple media outlets reported that Columbus County Sheriff Chris Batten said that 74-year-old Sen. R.C. Soles of Tabor City shot Kyle Blackburn late Sunday afternoon.

A spokeswoman at Loris Community Hospital in South Carolina said Monday that Blackburn was in fair condition.

Batten says the shooting occurred when two men went to the senator’s house and tried to kick in his front door. No charges have been filed.

The sheriff’s office said the State Bureau of Investigation was handling the case. A call to an agency spokeswoman was not immediately returned. There was no answer at a number listed for Soles’ home.

The Democrat has been in the Senate 32 years.
    Could be AP changed the story to fit the information they got after the fact. They do that pretty frequently.

Related -

http://secondamendmentfreedom.blogsp...or-shoots.html

http://grnc.org/remember_november/nc_senate_race.htm

Cliffs -

R. C. Soles may not be as pro-gun as NRA thinks. That does not make him a total gun-snatcher, though, a la Chucky Schumer.

Dude did have the right to defend himself.
    These are the exalted gharāniq, whose intercession is hoped for. LMAO

(Berks County)

I don't know wht gives with this guy but it sure looks like SC has some interesting people.

I just Googled this guy to see what has happened over the August shooting and there are news stories of him having given $100,000.00 to some 17yo that he was defending. Strange, don't clients usually pay the lawyers?

http://news.google.com/news/search?u...f=all&start=10

(Luzerne County)

Quote Originally Posted by kunsunoke View Post
    Same link, different take on it from AP -

TIMES DISPATCH ARTICLE

Could be AP changed the story to fit the information they got after the fact. They do that pretty frequently.
    I'm going to say that someone assumed since he was a dem, that he was anti-gun without doing their homework and embellished the rest.

I can't see the AP printing such obviously opinionated stuff, especially from a pro-gun perspective.

"The Senator, who has made a career of being against guns for you and me, didn't hesitate to defend himself with his own gun when he believed he was in immediate danger, and was the victim of a crime against himself.

In typical hypocritical liberal fashion, the "Do as I say and not as I do" anti gun Democrat picked up his gun and took action in what apparently was a self defense shooting, something he doesn't want you be able to do."

From the AP?

not hardly. mAnn Coulter maybe.