Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thumbs up Instant LTCF! Want Fries with that?

So my Father asked me on Monday where to get an application for an LTCF. I immediately emailed him the html link from the Lanc County website. He printed them today and completed them, then went to the Sheriff's Office this afternoon around 1:30pm. He called me at 1:45pm and I asked him how it went. He proceeds to tell me he had to wait a grand total of THREE minutes before his application was approved, his picture was taken, and he had his card!
    I called Bullshit. He then stated it was indeed not bullshit and the gentleman who was processing the LCTF took longer to tell a bad anecdote about Elvis and Memphis TN (The place of my father's birth) than it did for the whole LTCF process start to finish!

I had to wait 3.5 weeks for my renenwal in May and he gets his first LTCF faster than you can say Happy Meal!

Now we're planning on CC holster shopping this weekend for his 1911. Who knows, maybe even a new sidearm so he can better exercise his new right to CC!
    Last edited by Sharpshooter9x19; September 24th, 2009 at 08:19 AM. Reason: SePELINgg.........i'S CANT DO IT....

(Butler County)

Default Re: Instant LCTF! Want Fries with that?

Wow. Thats sounds like a world record.

(Berks County)

guess that beats the 9 minutes i had to wait in may. gotta love progress.

(York County)

i waited like 15 minutes or so and that's because there were 3 people waiting in ahead of me. Congrats to your dad!

(Bucks County)

and thats the way it should be. Insta-check should be just that....no reason to take "45 days" anymore...

(Jefferson County)

It's not bullshit, in Jefferson County I was approved before I finished filling out my application--the officer at the metal detector asked for my social security number when I told him what I was there for, and did the check while I was filling my application out. It took 15 minutes from the time I walked through the door until I walked out with my license. It took a little longer than it could have because I had to wait for 2 people to get their pictures taken and walk out with their cards as well.

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by levib View Post
    It's not bullshit, in Jefferson County I was approved before I finished filling out my application--the officer at the metal detector asked for my social security number when I told him what I was there for, and did the check while I was filling my application out. It took 15 minutes from the time I walked through the door until I walked out with my license. It took a little longer than it could have because I had to wait for 2 people to get their pictures taken and walk out with their cards as well.
    If I remember correctly they dont need your SS number.

Hokkmike Guest

I know in my county they have to send out forms to two references that you provide. This, in spite of the fact that the Sheriff and all his deputies know me. Getting the forms back in the mail takes time, at least a week. Once the forms are in the office calls and the applicant is told to come pick up the permit.

Now, here is a question - Why are the LTCF permits only good for 5 years? If you get one, and keep a clean record meanwhile, why should it be necessary to renew?

(Venango County)

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpshooter9x19 View Post
    Now we're planning on CC holster shopping this weekend for his 1911. Who knows, maybe even a new sidearm so he can better exercise his new right to CC!

Don't you mean privilege? If our governments actually recognized this as a right, there would be no need for a license. I do believe it is a right, but I'm just stating how our government treats it.

Congratulations to your dad btw..... this is exactly how every sheriff should handle it.

(Westmoreland County)

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpshooter9x19 View Post
    So my Father asked me on Monday where to get an application for an LCTF. I immediately emailed him the html link from the Lanc County website. He printed them today and completed them, then went to the Sheriff's Office this afternoon around 1:30pm. He called me at 1:45pm and I asked him how it went. He proceeds to tell me he had to wait a grand total of THREE minutes before his application was approved, his picture was taken, and he had his card!
    I called Bullshit. He then stated it was indeed not bullshit and the gentleman who was processing the LCTF took longer to tell a bad anecdote about Elvis and Memphis TN (The place of my father's birth) than it did for the whole LCTF process start to finish!

I had to wait 3.5 weeks for my renenwal in May and he gets his first LCTF faster than you can say Happy Meal!

Congratulations to your dad.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast