Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Thread: Impactguns.com

(Armstrong County)

Thumbs down Impactguns.com

Wow i ordered a lyman trade rifle off there on Saturday and it said it was available. So i checked my email today and i got this email saying that the gun was on backorder. So i went to impactguns.com and looked and it still said avaliable. Then i emailed them and they sent me an email back saying it would be 12-16 weeks before they got it in. So i called and cancelled my order. What a bunch of bullshit so i guess its back to looking for a flintlock around here...

(Delaware County)

Thumbs down Re: Impactguns.com

BIG from me.

Placed an order for a YHM flip-up rear site for an AR-15 on Jan. 09, 2010. After I placed the order I noticed a statement about back orders that basically said if you don't want to wait check here on the order form. I didn't check it so I sent a follow up email immediately stating I didn't want a back order. The following day I got an email that said "The item is in stock. We will process it and ship it out as soon as possible. Thank you."

Two weeks go by and I ask about the order and was told there was a two week lead time, did I want to cancel, against my better judgment I said no and to ship it asap. They were $25 less than YHM wanted and $10 less than anyone else I found at the time.

Three more weeks still no site, and now I'm told it could take 3 to 6 more weeks, needless to say I canceled the order at this point.

Cheaper isn't always better.

Last edited by soberbyker; February 18th, 2010 at 08:02 PM. Reason: sp

(Monroe County)

Default Re: Impactguns.com

Be careful of their website, I got some malware rammed into my computer while checking out the website last fall.

(Armstrong County)

I almost ordered a laser grip of there beecause i was starting to think i was the only person having a problem with them. I'm not going to order them now...

(York County)

i ordered my new AR15 off of impactguns.com. though my experience wasn't too bad, it definitely makes me reluctant to do business with them again.

i ordered the rifle and received a confirmation e-mail the same day. 4 days later, i decided to e-mail them about where in the shipping process my order was. the next day i received an e-mail from the site. this message informed me that my order had been received and processed, and the required FFL info had also been received and processed. my order was shipped that day (according to the e-mail).

4ish (i don't remember exactly how many days) business days later and i picked it up.

this process would've been fine except for two things: the impactguns website claims their guns ship in 48 hours. from start to finish, it took me a little bit more than two weeks, iirc. also, i was told that i would receive an e-mail with a tracking number so i could see where my order was at. i never received that e-mail.

the one thing i can say that i did appreciate, is that the person i e-mailed with, was very informative, and answered my e-mails promptly.

(Armstrong County)

i must say that they did e-mail back quickly and they were quick to cancel my order.

(Delaware County)

Yea they email right away when you email them first.

Like I said, I told the first person I didn't want a backorder (I'd order elsewhere, I wanted the part) and he assured me the part was in stock and would be processed the next day. It wasn't until two weeks had passed I emailed again about the status and was told about another two week lead time, then again in two more weeks yada yada yada.

They never once emailed me first with the status. Very unprofessional if you ask me.