Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Susquehanna County)

Default Man shot, killed in Darby overnight

http://www.delcotimes.com/articles/2...6133769308.txt

Man shot, killed in Darby overnight
    Published: Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Darby police are reporting a shooting overnight.

According to the police, multiple shots were fired at 3rd and Darby Terrace.

Isaiah McLendon, 21, of West Philadelphia, was shot several times and died at the hospital.

Police believe there are at least 50 people who witnessed the shooting, but none came forward. According to police, potential witnesses say they did not see anything or refused comment.

(I normally don't post comments but these two hit a cord)

" In this instance, 50 individuals may have seen the shooting. In the Chester incedent, it may have been upwards of 100. NOT ONE PERSON has the sense of accountability for his or her community to step up and say what they have seen? Do you hate yourselves that much? And dont get me started about a black / white thing, I know the Chester incedent affected the Latin community there...has nothing to do with race, but the specific cultures of those two individual communities. "
    This will continue to happen if the community does nothing and accepts it as the norm. The residents there have nothing to complain about when they allow this to continue and escalate. It may be late now that a life is lost but the community can step up and stop this circle of violence!!

Also please spare me all the crap about Paula Brown would be their savior and the chief and Mayor Thomas need to go.I blame the residents and our lovely judicial system. "

(Delaware County)

Default Re: Man shot, killed in Darby overnight

But wait?!?!?!? There is a curfew in Darby now!!! What were those people doing out of their homes? Why don't these criminals pay attention to the law?

BTW, Darby Mayor is on the Mayors against Guns hit list!! She just don't get it!

I accidentally drove my Motorcycle into Darby 2 weeks ago while looking for a back way into Folcroft. It is a blighted, God forsaken area. I did not feel comfortable for one moment, and I was packin my 9mm.
    NRA Training Counselor, Chief Range Safety Officer, NRA Benefactor Member

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by larrymeyer View Post
    http://www.delcotimes.com/articles/2...6133769308.txt

Man shot, killed in Darby overnight
    Published: Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Darby police are reporting a shooting overnight.

According to the police, multiple shots were fired at 3rd and Darby Terrace.

Isaiah McLendon, 21, of West Philadelphia, was shot several times and died at the hospital.

Police believe there are at least 50 people who witnessed the shooting, but none came forward. According to police, potential witnesses say they did not see anything or refused comment.

(I normally don't post comments but these two hit a cord)
    Fuck 'em, they're animals, better them than me. I don't give a shit if nobody says anything. They need to put barbed wire around that whole area and let Darwinism run its course.

Quote Originally Posted by Dannytheman View Post
    But wait?!?!?!? There is a curfew in Darby now!!! What were those people doing out of their homes? Why don't these criminals pay attention to the law?

BTW, Darby Mayor is on the Mayors against Guns hit list!! She just don't get it!

I accidentally drove my Motorcycle into Darby 2 weeks ago while looking for a back way into Folcroft. It is a blighted, God forsaken area. I did not feel comfortable for one moment, and I was packin my 9mm.
    I did the same thing!! I took my bike to Crossroads Powersports to look at a couple new models, then headed to Yeadon to shoot at Double Action. Not sure where I went wrong, but damn did I go wrong!

(Berks County)

In this case, criminals and law-abiding citizens alike would be justified in NOT obeying the law. A law that violates both the US and PA constitutions isn't a law. It may be on the books, but it's merely words on paper, enforced under color of law.
    "Political Correctness is just tyranny with manners"
    -Charlton Heston

"[The Constitution preserves] the advantage of being armed which Americans possess over the people of almost every other nation...(where) the governments are afraid to trust the people with arms."
    -James Madison, Federalist Papers, No. 46.

"America does not go abroad in search of monsters to destroy." [sic]
    -John Quincy Adams

"I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties than standing armies."
    -Thomas Jefferson

Μολών λαβέ!
    -King Leonidas

Quote Originally Posted by ChamberedRound View Post
    In this case, criminals and law-abiding citizens alike would be justified in NOT obeying the law. A law that violates both the US and PA constitutions isn't a law. It may be on the books, but it's merely words on paper, enforced under color of law.
    Like those drug laws that are unconstitutional? I like how people scream about no one coming forward about the murder, but why should they? This guy was probably involved in the drug business... and since its illegal, arguments will be settled with violence instead of courts. Just the way it is, unless you want to re-legalize drugs.

Isn't there a term for that? I'm trying to remember... hmm..

oh right....

TYRANNY

Apparently, some of the locals don't like the curfew.

DARBY — A borough police officer escaped injury late Monday night when someone fired a projectile through the window of her police cruiser.

The officer was on patrol in the unit block of Third Street, an area recently put under a state of emergency and a 9 p.m. curfew by Mayor Helen Thomas due to an uptick of drug-related gunplay on its streets.

“I believe this was done in retaliation for the curfew,” Police Chief Robert Smythe said Tuesday. “But it’s not going to stop us from enforcing that curfew until further notice.”

http://www.delcotimes.com/articles/2...7467197584.txt

DARBY BOROUGH — Borough officials may be forced to defend the legality of last week’s 9 p.m. curfew for children and adults in the borough’s 3rd Ward after a number of residents and the ACLU claimed the crackdown might have been unconstitutional.

http://www.delcotimes.com/articles/2...6017410519.txt

(Delaware County)

My business was originally located at 5th and Darby Terrace, fronting Main Street. WE moved out 20+ yrs ago, but even then it was a pretty tough town. No real jobs to speak of there anymore, and I'm sure it's even more dangerous by ten than when we were there.

They've never had a clue about how to handle the crime down there. Instead of a curfew, which doesn't work, why not ask the state police for some help. Barring that, best bet is probably to just wrap the town in barbed wire and hope for the best.

I can't tell you, even 20 yrs ago, how many times I heard gun shots in mid day. We even had one occasion when there were shots right outside our building. One of my employees just missed getting shot as she was crossing the street when the two guys decided to start shooting at each other.

Tough town, tough job to police it. And certainly no treat to be the mayor.

(Lehigh County)

Rightful liberty is unobstructed action according to our will within limits drawn around us by the equal rights of others. I do not add 'within the limits of the law' because law is often but the tyrant's will, and always so when it violates the rights of the individual. - Jefferson

(Delaware County)

I go to work in the early am and have to travel thru Darby, I always see the remnants of the night before police activity, as I did on Tues. morning. Didn't know what happened until I watched the news later that day. Darby is a shit-hole, for the most part, and I can tell you as someone who has driven a residential trash truck in that town, it's the fault of the people that live there. They hear the truck coming down the alley and they throw a bag out the window from the second floor. When the bag explodes they holler at us to clean it up, we don't of course, but that's the mentality of the people that live there. I truly feel for the few folks that try to keep up their property.