Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Schuylkill County)

Default .223/5x56 steelcore

Ok, I searched for what I was looking for, but only found a bunch of closed classifieds, and some other things. So if there is an existing topic buried somwhere, please forgive my ignorance...

Does anyone know where I can pick up some .223/5x56 steelcore ammo in NEPA, or central PA area? I have seen some a few places online, but by the time you finish with shipping and such, it's hardly worth it. So I figured I would just try to pick some up in person. I was looking at some guns shows and found plenty of 7x62 but no 5x56.

If anyone can help, I appreciate it..
    III%

Default Re: .223/5x56 steelcore

Quote Originally Posted by NikeBauer21 View Post
    Ok, I searched for what I was looking for, but only found a bunch of closed classifieds, and some other things. So if there is an existing topic buried somwhere, please forgive my ignorance...

Does anyone know where I can pick up some .223/5x56 steelcore ammo in NEPA, or central PA area? I have seen some a few places online, but by the time you finish with shipping and such, it's hardly worth it. So I figured I would just try to pick some up in person. I was looking at some guns shows and found plenty of 7x62 but no 5x56.

If anyone can help, I appreciate it..
    Have you been to this site? http://www.the-armory.com/shopsite_s...mmunition.html

(Schuylkill County)

I'll have to check it out when I get home.. can't get on it here at work.

But like I said, I hate ordering online because of the shipping... But I'll check it out then.. thanks
    III%

(Columbia County)

NikeBauer21, I know that you were looking to buy local... but that website that NightRocker linked has some damn good prices for steelcore ammo and regular ammo. Good link NightRocker! Thanks. Rep sent. If I didn't reload my own, I would have already placed an order. For 1000 rds of Remington 62 gr steelcore shipped to zip 17815 is $435.50 out the door. That's not bad at all. Here's the link (to the temporary shopping cart):

http://www.the-armory.com/cgi-the-armory/sb/order.cgi

EDIT: The link above did not work, so here is the product, to check the shipping prices to where you're at, just add it to your car and go to the checkout... although I doubt there will be any difference in shipping costs between where I'm at and where you're at.

http://www.the-armory.com/shopsite_s...1365.html#1365
    Last edited by max384; September 22nd, 2009 at 10:48 AM.

(Schuylkill County)

Thanks! I'll be sure to check it... In the end, I will probably end up just buying online anyway...
    III%

(Columbia County)

Quote Originally Posted by NikeBauer21 View Post
    Thanks! I'll be sure to check it... In the end, I will probably end up just buying online anyway...
    I like to buy local whenever I can as well. I hate paying the shipping charges and then having to wait... plus I like supporting my local shops. But sometimes you get stuck buying online anyhow.

(Schuylkill County)

Quote Originally Posted by max384 View Post
    I like to buy local whenever I can as well. I hate paying the shipping charges and then having to wait... plus I like supporting my local shops. But sometimes you get stuck buying online anyhow.
    Did you ever order from the-armory? Just wondering how they are with service/timewise and such... thanks!
    III%