Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Default It begins: Anarchists attack squad cars at police HQ

Pittsburgh Police Cars Vandalized
    PITTSBURGH (KDKA) ―

Sources indicate nails and screws were forced into the tires on at least a dozen marked and unmarked police cars as well as a number of private cars.

Pittsburgh Police sources say at least a dozen police cars and a number of private cars were vandalized.

Sources also confirm police investigators have substantial information to believe the crime was committed by anarchists in town for the G-20 Summit.

Police detectives took photographs and looked for evidence in the parking lot of police headquarters Thursday afternoon.

The damage was done to the cars' tires.

Sources indicate nails and screws were forced into the tires on at least a dozen marked and unmarked police cars as well as a number of private cars.

Sources indicate it is believed a number of suspected anarchists came to police headquarters late Wednesday night and damaged as many cars as possible.

Police indicate the tires cannot be plugged and must be replaced because the cars have to operate at high speeds.

Damage estimates at this time are running in the thousands of dollars.

Sources indicate the suspected anarchists came to prove to police they can do damage whenever and wherever they want.

There was no official comment regarding the incident.

KDKA's Marty Griffin has been told the mayor, police chief and public safety director are outraged by the brazen nature of the attack.

There will also be increased security in the parking lot starting Thursday night.
    Last edited by archangel689; September 18th, 2009 at 04:45 PM.

(Bucks County)

Default Re: It begins: Anarchists attack squad cars at police HQ

I didn't read that chapter in the cookbook.

(Westmoreland County)

How is it possible that the police can't protect their own cars in their own parking lot?

(Monroe County)

Yeah, the "Anarchists" are gonna end up being a few 15 yr old kids who were bored..

This is MSM fearmongering a new word..Suprised they didnt say white supremacist with EBR's did it......
    WAKE UP OR WACO!

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by Nic View Post
    How is it possible that the police can't protect their own cars in their own parking lot?
    probably doing a cost/benefit analysis would show that the cost of providing such protection not worth the benefit.

i'm sure they do have some security measures in place (fence at least, i would think), but they were probably defeated by the vandals.

they could, of course, implement better security, but at some cost. they might decide it is worth it until the G20 is over at this point, but spending many thousands of dollars per year to stop a one time incident that led to a couple thousand dollars of damage might not be worth it on an ongoing basis.

(btw, i think the anarchists may have been in town and warming up for a couple of weeks. while i was walking along butler street, someone threw an egg at me from a passing car about a week ago...could have been those rotten-egg packin' anarchists--if so, though, they need to work on their aim before next thursday rolls around...either that or they were mad at the sidewalk behind me. )
    Last edited by LittleRedToyota; September 18th, 2009 at 04:50 PM.
    F*S=k

Quote Originally Posted by archangel689 View Post
    Sources also confirm police investigators have substantial information to believe the crime was committed by anarchists in town for the G-20 Summit.
    Can't these people find any more productive ways to show their unrest? For God's sake, how do they think they will accomplish anything by driving nails into cars tires? Total weaksauce. I can imagine they're a group of South Park watching punk 20somethings that never grew up after High School. Fucking lame pricks give all civil protest a bad name.

One would think that driving nails & screws into tires would be the act of juveniles, not a WELL ORGANIZED group of anarchists....just saying

(Luzerne County)

Quote Originally Posted by customloaded View Post
    One would think that driving nails & screws into tires would be the act of juveniles, not a WELL ORGANIZED group of anarchists....just saying
    But if you are trying to spread fear, which one sounds better, a bunch of kids or a WELL ORGANIZED GROUP OF ANARCHISTS.

(Lancaster County)

This brings a smile to my face, good for you Pittsburgh for inviting G20 to your city I can only hope more is to follow on the city.

I was born and raised in Pittsburgh and moving out of the area was one of the best things I ever did, I hate that city, nothing but depression
    Last edited by dlclarkii; September 18th, 2009 at 05:42 PM.

(Monroe County)

"I can imagine they're a group of South Park watching punk 20somethings that never grew up after High School. Fucking lame pricks give all civil protest a bad name."

Sounds typical...seen a few around here! LOL

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast