Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Crawford County)

Post Pelosi baiting the right

Yellow flag being raised.!

How does Marshal Law work again?

Pelosi Chokes Up, Recalling Milk Assassination

By Paul Kane
    In a rare display of public emotion, House Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.) choked up Thursday morning recalling the anti-gay rhetoric in the late 1970s in San Francisco, which culminated in the assassinations of Harvey Milk, the first openly gay S.F. Board of Supervisors member, and Mayor George Moscone.

Pelosi, responding to a question about whether anti-government rhetoric posed a threat of domestic violence, said that protesters on all sides had the right to voice their opposition to legislative proposals in a heated fashion. But then Pelosi -- whose weekly press conferences are legendary for their highly scripted nature and her rote recitation of Democratic message points -- paused and took a deep breath as she recounted the tone of some protests in her hometown.

"I saw this myself in the late '70s in San Francisco," she said, a reference to the antigay laws and protests as that city became the flashpoint of the civil rights movement for gays and lesbians. "It created an environment in which violence took place."

Pelosi appeared to fight back tears, staring down at the podium.

Pelosi did not say that such an environment had returned thanks to the conservative activists who have been holding rallies in opposition to President Obama's health-care reform proposals, as well as the government takeover of troubled firms in the financial and the auto industries. But she added that protesters on all sides had to "take responsibility" for their words and actions.

Pelosi, a Baltimore native, moved to San Francisco in the late 1960s with her husband, Paul, a native of the city, and she became active in Democratic Party politics. By 1977 -- as Milk was on the verge of winning his Board of Supervisors seat -- Pelosi became the state's Democratic chairman for Northern California. On Nov. 27, 1978, Milk and Moscone were assassinated by former San Francisco Supervisor Dan White.

Last November, on the eve of the cinematic release of "Milk", the bio-epic for which Sean Penn won the Best Actor Academy Award, Pelosi dedicated a bust to Milk as part of a municipal building dedication in Milk's honor (see video, below).

"Thirty years ago, when we were all at his funeral, we were standing there, with the weather similar to today, in total and complete disbelief. Just stunned to see these two men being eulogized on the steps of City Hall," Pelosi said then.

(Erie County)

Default Re: Pelosi baiting the right

I nominate her for an Academy award!
    Rarely have I seen such acting.
    The most dangerous place in America is a "gun free" zone.

(Monroe County)

It's spelled Martial, not marshal... And it's comming soon enough..
    WAKE UP OR WACO!

(Crawford County)

Strapped,

Thank you for your correction, my bad. I do believe that pelosi and company will use the term "state of emergency" it is easier to digest if you are one of the mindless sheep that the gov is trying to control.

Btw, do you have any suggestions on 12 gauge zombie ammo.?

Thanks again

(Monroe County)

Quote Originally Posted by Deacon1ONC View Post
    Strapped,

Thank you for your correction, my bad. I do believe that pelosi and company will use the term "state of emergency" it is easier to digest if you are one of the mindless sheep that the gov is trying to control.

Btw, do you have any suggestions on 12 gauge zombie ammo.?

Thanks again
    1st choice: TriBall
    2nd choice: Quadruple ought buck
    3rd choice: Triple ought buck
    WAKE UP OR WACO!