Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Luzerne County)

Default Investments for the future

The guy on the radio says to call him up to invest in gold. Another one is selling foreign coins. OK , need to think about the future, the dollar is to be worth nothing in the future. What about investing in bullets,primers,powder,ammo----anthing that goes bang in a gun. Could be the next big thing.

(York County)

Default Re: Investments for the future

Ammo is all ready the next big thing. Come to think of it , never stopped being the next big thing.

(Philadelphia County)

The guy on the radio is ALWAYS saying to buy gold.

That's what he sells. And that's what he paid the radio station to tell you.

Gold is at a historic high. I do not think its a good investment at this very moment. The key is to buy low and sell high.

If you have gold, sell it now.

In any case.. you should contact a trusted Financial Adviser to handle these matters for you. Only a fool takes investment advice on a firearms discussion forum from strangers on the internet.
    ==============
    “If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquillity of servitude than the animating contest of freedom, — go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen!”
    ~Samuel Adams

"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it."
    ~Thomas Jefferson, 1791

(Columbia County)

Quote Originally Posted by mongo View Post
    The guy on the radio says to call him up to invest in gold. Another one is selling foreign coins. OK , need to think about the future, the dollar is to be worth nothing in the future. What about investing in bullets,primers,powder,ammo----anthing that goes bang in a gun. Could be the next big thing.
    As LorDiego already said, don't invest in gold, sell now as it is at an all time high.... Well, the same thing goes for bullets, primers, powder, ammo. It is at (well near now, things have come down in price a little) an all time high now too. The only way the prices are going to go higher is if government taxes the hell out of it or they restrict the manufacture of existing ammo. I wouldn't invest in them... unless by invest you mean shoot. In that, case, yes. 'Invest.' Buy a few investing books and do your own stock market investing. It can be risky, as long as you're in your twenties, thirties, even forties you have enough time left to make up any losses that it is worth the risk IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by LorDiego01 View Post

Gold is at a historic high. I do not think its a good investment at this very moment. The key is to buy low and sell high.

In any case.. you should contact a trusted Financial Adviser to handle these matters for you. Only a fool takes investment advice on a firearms discussion forum from strangers on the internet.
    Exactly. Don't take advice from idiots like me on the internet.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by LorDiego01 View Post

Great advice. Plus no Financial Adviser is going to give you investment advice over the internet. They would need to know a lot of info that you wouldn't want to post on the internet to truly give you advice.

What do I think "could" be good investments? Anything that is commodities based (Gold, Silver, Oil, Grains,etc). Why that stuff? I feel the value of the dollar is going to go down in the future and when that happens, commodities go up. I would favor Foreign investments over domestic.
    Quote Originally Posted by GunLawyer001 View Post
    If the police could confiscate all of your guns and ammo using just one van, then you didn't own enough guns or ammo.
    WTB - NDS3 or NDS1 receiver FTF