Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Allegheny County)

Default Price check aisle VZ24; current "value" of a plinker VZ24?

Any ideas as to what a "shooter" grade VZ24 should go for in West PA?

(Ace Firearms wanted almost $400 for a mis-matched VZ24 minus the cleaning rod, but then they also want $200.00 for a used 10/22 that everyone else has been selling NEW for $199.99 over the past 3 weeks.)

I'm tempted to look for one at the Wash Cty show and was wondering what I should expect to pay for a plinker - as opposed to a museum piece - grade VZ24.

Thanks for the intel!

(Allegheny County)

Default Re: Price check aisle VZ24; current "value" of a plinker VZ24?

sog has them for 170.00 in so called good overall cond, i don't know if you got a C&R but that would be the best way to to go and avoid the middleman. i seen them for over two hundred dollars and a few in the 500 range at the gun show in greensburg. i don't know where you live or how you acquire your firearms, but if you got to go to dealer, the guy who advertises up top for a twenty dollar fee seems the route to go, sportsman's supply also will do a transfer for 25.00. all you would have to do is give them a call and they will tell you their routine. good luck!

(Allegheny County)

Thanks for the reply! I'll keep this in mind for the Wash Cty show coming up.

Aimsurplus just got a new bunch. You can see the quality of the bluing on my youtube channel. They got the crest ground off after capture from the Russians. But for I paid $234 to the door + $30 transfer. It really is way better than any K98 or 98K And I spent hours looking on Gunbroker etc for both. You pay a premium for a gun that is really worn out, like over $500, just for some Nazi symbols. They are real junk. This AIM VZ24 bore is brand new shape to. The wood is like new to. Only a few black marks and mostly on the upper hand guard, All the bolt, wood, and receiver numbers match. Not like the worn out stories you always hear. I would jump on this deal. Fact I might buy another this week. So I took it out to fire it and missed the cardboard the first shot. After that I put all 39 rounds in the two 8" target at 50 yards even offhand with open sights and my bad eyes. Groups around 4" at 50 for me. About 8 MOA offhand. I'm not the best shooter anymore either, I can't even see a target at 100 without a scope. Do I have to tell you I love this gun and will never ever sell it. There is no way I could have bought a rifle like this without Aimsurplus or the internet, not living in Penns woods. Around here it was take it or leave it, till the internet came.
    Just a note, the spam cans of ammo from Aimsurplus for $99 + 1 penny shipping is excellent stuff, like brand new and the best deal your gonna get on 8mm ammo. I just can't figure out why all the stripper clips are jammed with age crud then, could be just this one spam can to, right? Sides at the gamelands range you can only put 3 cartridges in the magazine.
    Good luck. hangemhigh2000

I'm really finding it hard to believe we went anywhere since 1924 with guns after this buy.

Anyone know what year is is? It's a GR block rifle.

(Allegheny County)

Thanks for the tip on AIM!

I haven't seen any VZs in our classifieds and had looked for a VZ at the Wash Cty show and the recent Monroeville show; de-crested beaters and/or greasy loose scrubbed beaters and/or maybe one or 2 nice but waaay overpriced varieties.

I ended up getting a nice, matching numbers and crested M48A with bayo and cleaning kit on a whim at Monroeville.

You might not want to limit yourself to the VZ24. There are lots of yugo's out there that can be found in the $200 range. My Yugo 8mm 98k only cost me $159 this summer at a local LGD.

imo opinion i'd stay off of gunbroker. it seems like there are a lot of "dubious descriptions"

i would recommend gunboards instead for C&R rifle info and sales.

Samco may also have some Yugo 98's but wih cracked stocks. not sure of current availability

(Allegheny County)

Yeah, the Yugo M48 Mausers are nice in that they have the short-rifle look I was after with the VZ24 I was hunting for.
    But the bonus of the Yugos are that many seem to be in damn-near unissued condition compared to the beater VZs I seen at the past 2 shows.

Mine is a pre-1957 rifle from the Serbian Kragujevec-Zastava "factory 44" and has matching numbers even to the Euro Elm stock that many seem to think is Teak. The only non-matching part visible is the "magazine" floorplate.

I know I could have paid a hair less if I looked harder, but I now have a nice Yugo at less than the price of a 10/22.

As for GBroker - yikes.

Someone had a mil-surp rifle listed - but no pics, and of course he refuses to reply to questions. How can you possibly even dream of selling a used mil-surp without any pics???

And then there are the numbnuts that mis-ID their stuff. I just watched an aution end - and the winning buyer is surely gonna be pissed when he gets his rifle and discovers that because the seller is an idjit; it is not what was described in the listing.

I could go on and on...

$159 for the rifle
    $50 for the rail, rings and scope.
    Cheap plinker that makes big booms priceless!

I ordered one of those scope and mounts off of ebay to for $53 to the door. But where did you get the 98K for $159.00? And when did you buy it?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast