Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Lehigh County)

Default What rental ranges have these guns?

I'm in the process of doing research for a 9mm pistol. I already have a list of what I will consider, but I need to shoot all of them before I make my decision. I have tried to get together with people in my area, but have had very little luck. I got together with 2 PAFOA members and shot their guns. Everyone else I talked to was either in another part of the state or too busy. My only choice is to go to a rental range and try the rest out. I live in Emmaus, Pennsylvania and the nearest one is in Whitehall (The Firing Line). However they don't have the ones that I want. Here is a list of what I'm considering

Springfield XD-9 (already fired it)
    Glock 17/19 (already fired it)
    CZ-75 and variants (especially the P-01)
    Sig Sauer Pro 2022
    Stoeger Cougar 8000
    FNP9
    Berretta 92FS/M9/90-TWO
    Ruger SR9 (already fired it)
    Ruger P95

Ideally, I would like to go to a rental range that's no more than 90 minutes away from Emmaus. Can anyone help me out here? Thanks in advance. I'll give rep to anyone who can give me good info.

(Philadelphia County)

Default Re: What rental ranges have these guns?

finding a cz to rent is going to be tough so if you are in philadelphia and want to meet at the southphiladelphiarcheryandgunrange and try out the cz 75bd and the p01 I can help you out with that. Buy the ammo at walmart or something before you shoot my stuff and you can fire them as much as you want. Ammo at the range is a bit inflated right now so I would recommend trying to grab some from somewhere else. I might be able to get a friend to bring a beretta 92 but the guy who owns it prefers the glock 19 and carries that and really wants to buy a cz. Take what you will from that.

The other stuff I can't help with but you should come out to philadelphia and shoot the p01 so you can go home and order one. They are awesome guns for the price but who knows what you might prefer.

kotbongo at gmail dot com is the email.

(Bucks County)

i've never seen a beretta or stoeger couger as a range gun so i wouldn't get my hopes hope that you'll be able to test fire one unless you link up with someone that owns one. your best bet is to do a search of ranges and call them on the phone and see what pistols they have available for rent. classic pistol has a good selection of firearms to choose from but i don't know how far they are from your location. classic is located in south hampton, pa which is just outside of NE Philly. the sig 2022 and fnp9 might also be a bit difficult to find as range guns also.

Quote Originally Posted by etep513 View Post
    I'm in the process of doing research for a 9mm pistol. I already have a list of what I will consider, but I need to shoot all of them before I make my decision. I have tried to get together with people in my area, but have had very little luck. I got together with 2 PAFOA members and shot their guns. Everyone else I talked to was either in another part of the state or too busy. My only choice is to go to a rental range and try the rest out. I live in Emmaus, Pennsylvania and the nearest one is in Whitehall (The Firing Line). However they don't have the ones that I want. Here is a list of what I'm considering

Springfield XD-9 (already fired it)
    Glock 17/19 (already fired it)
    CZ-75 and variants (especially the P-01)
    Sig Sauer Pro 2022
    Stoeger Cougar 8000
    FNP9
    Berretta 92FS/M9/90-TWO
    Ruger SR9 (already fired it)
    Ruger P95

Ideally, I would like to go to a rental range that's no more than 90 minutes away from Emmaus. Can anyone help me out here? Thanks in advance. I'll give rep to anyone who can give me good info.
    Don't know if this is any help but, Freedom Armory in York Co. has a State of the Art firing range, that is second to none! And a selection of rentals that is quite large, including full autos. They are located Rt.83 exit 8 west 1/2 mile. don't have a phone number off hand but if you call first they may be able to tell you what they have to rent. Good Luck.

(Monroe County)

the only ones that we have at Sunset Hill are the Springfield XD-9, Glock 17, Beretta 92 and Ruger SR9. so i guess that doesnt help you much.
    Guns don't kill people, it's mostly the bullets.