Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Default Has anyone ever been "outed" while CC'ing?

This would include anything negative. Such as you were CC'ing and entered a building and set off a metal detector, detained, and then an officer came and searched you, looked at your ID. Also, to include maybe someplace you shouldn't have been carrying, whether you knew it or not.

Along the same lines, maybe your shirt lifted up, jacket slung open and revealed your sidearm and had a civilian negative encounter. You know, the whole spill of how you shouldn't have a gun and are chastised because your "dangerous", but for some reason they are stupid enough to encounter you... the "alleged' dangerous person? Or maybe you accidentally had shown your gun by a methods previously mentioned and didn't realize it and had the cops called on you, and had the typical "man with a gun" routine of how you were detained and illegally searched?

We never hear anything on here and I'm just curious as to if this ever happened to anyone before.

(York County)

Default Re: Has anyone ever been "outed" while CC'ing?

I was carrying a .38 snubby IWB at the 5:00 O'Clock position (pretty close to my rear pocket) with jeans and a white tee shirt over the gun.
    I was picking my wife up from work one night...shooting the breeze with the K-Mart store night manager and turned around to do something in the truck cab. I leaned over...my back to her boss.
    When I turned around, his eyes were the size of saucers. So, I knew he'd seen the butt of the revolver.
    He never said a word...

And, every now and then, when I'm reaching for my wallet, the pistol (now a Glock 19 OWB, on my left hip at 3:00 O'Clock) is exposed. Never hear anything...just a shocked look now and then.
    I don't sweat it and neither should you...
    Last edited by RoyJackson; September 16th, 2009 at 04:53 AM.
    Well, pushed 60 too hard so now I am the big SIX-OH. Now I can be a real pain in the ass! And, who says growin' old isn't fun!!

(Jefferson County)

I've had a LEO friend "out" me a few times.. Jokingly though.. With no ill intent, just out of curiosity.

Like: "Hey Bobby! Whatcha packing today?" or "You got the peacemaker today or the Walther?"

She's cool though.. She likes guns and carries. Done a bit of drink'n and smoke'n with her years ago.

(Delaware County)

My GF outted me. I thought she was cool with me carrying... I was mistaken.

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by Helter View Post
    My GF outted me. I thought she was cool with me carrying... I was mistaken.
    Haha I hear that man...I've gotten some questionable looks as shes brushed up against something but nothing has been said so far...that day of reckoning is not far away though I'm sure...

(Chester County)

I have never had a negative encounter while carrying concealed before. I am also not one who really hides it and at times OC (my shirt is tucked in) with a IWB at 3:30ish...

(Westmoreland County)

Once at my kids baseball game by a friend. She noticed when the wind blew up my under armour style shirt and the butt was exposed. Wasn't sure how she would take it snce I doubt she ever grew up around guns. All she did was tell me I might want to fix my shirt. Overall, not a a bad encounter.

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by Spishack357 View Post
    Haha I hear that man...I've gotten some questionable looks as shes brushed up against something but nothing has been said so far...that day of reckoning is not far away though I'm sure...
    That is *not* a conversation you want to have because she's shocked and dismayed to find a gun on your hip (unless you already know that she's mostly ok with guns). Trust me on this.

(Monroe County)

Quote Originally Posted by Spishack357 View Post
    i tell them right from the start that i carry, if they dont like it or cant get past it i tell them "we're not gonna work". i will not give up my gun for anyone!

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by CHEMICAL View Post
    i tell them right from the start that i carry, if they dont like it or cant get past it i tell them "we're not gonna work". i will not give up my gun for anyone!
    Yea, I'm not giving up my guns trust me... her dads got plenty but I doubt he carries...this particular relationship is gonna end soon anyhow...next time I'm gonna be up front about it from the get go...

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast