Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    (Montgomery County)

Default gun show vs local dealer

Hi sorry if this is the wrong section for this but i have a quick question. I'm in the market for a glock 26 and am chomping at the bit to buy one. The valley forge gun show is this weekend and I have never been to a gun show so I'm wondering if you can typically get a better deal if you buy there, or if prices are on par with local shops...cause if thats the case i might buy one this week, two shops in my area have one. Thanks for any feedback.

(Northumberland County)

Default Re: gun show vs local dealer

write down the prices of the guns at your local gun shops and if you see one at the gun show and it is cheaper then the ones at the other shops then buy it . i always write down the prices when i visit the gun shops it helps me save some money for ammo!

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by TXDMERC73 View Post
    write down the prices of the guns at your local gun shops and if you see one at the gun show and it is cheaper then the ones at the other shops then buy it . i always write down the prices when i visit the gun shops it helps me save some money for ammo!
    Thank you for the reply. This goes without saying. I called and got the prices from the local shops when I asked if they had the gun. I guess I'm wondering more though if on average gun shows are cheaper.

(Bucks County)

Don't know about the rest of you guys but I have not seen great prices at shows for years. I usually only buy oddball type guns at shows. Like said, know the lowest local price and you may get lucky. If its close - support your local shop.

(Northampton County)

It seems that it is common knowledge to many these days that standard Glock 27 cost dealers $440.00

I sell them for $499.00 you may find a few guys selling $10 and $20 dollars higher or lower. Your price is going to be somewhere there. See who charges for what CC/BG check ect. And don’t forget the price it cost you to get in the door.

My out the door price would be $528.94 gun plus sales tax only

(Monroe County)

Quote Originally Posted by rflynn View Post
    It seems that it is common knowledge to many these days that standard Glock 27 cost dealers $440.00

I sell them for $499.00 you may find a few guys selling $10 and $20 dollars higher or lower. Your price is going to be somewhere there. See who charges for what CC/BG check ect. And don’t forget the price it cost you to get in the door.

Very True. A Glock is not an item you are going to see a great deal of a break on. They are very closely priced form Gunshow to store. If you are paying via CC check like Rich said if you are going to take a hit (2.5-4% seems common).
    I would support your favorite shop on this one, as the gun show will not likely give it to you any cheaper.

Gunshows are GREAT for out of production guns however.

I found both triggers to be terrible to me so the triggers are on a scale to me.. The Glock was a crisper suck and the XD was a more mushy suck. They are in the same family, SR9 (heavy suck), Glock (crisp heavy suck), XD( lighter mushy suck), M&P(heavy mushy suck).

target master in chadds ford has decent price on glocks. i think the small frame guns are 499 and then 519 for the full size and a little more for the larger ones. like the poster above said they usually go 10 or 20 either up or down. anywhere around 500 is a pretty good price.

(Montgomery County)

Thank you to all who posted, it sounds like as far as glocks are concerned, just stick with my local shop. I'm not really to willing to pay more than 525 for this subcompact. Especially since I got my G19 for 509. Still looking forward to going to that gun show though, I'm curious to see what other kinds of stuff they got.

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by rflynn View Post

I'd be willing to pay that, but where the hell is broadheadsville???

(Lackawanna County)

I have not found any awesome deals at gun shows in the last few years as well. I think the best deal I got in the last 2 was on an SKS. Most other stuff was a little high even for some of the odd ball guns some of us like. But hey you never know. Sometimes it's fun just to look.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast