Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Bucks County)

Thumbs down G&G Outfitters in Feasterville

Ok, so I started calling around looking for a mossberg 500 tactical persuader. I found a few places that could get it for all around the same price. G&G said they could get it in two days, which was the quickest by far. Payed in full via cc on wed morning 9/2 and he said he'd call me when it came in. So you would assume it would come friday right....? no.... So I call mon and he said it hadn't come in yet. Nothing tues. Then finally wed I dont hear anything still so I call back wed night and I get. "Oh... it came in yesterday, I forgot to call." Go to pick it up. I pulled it out to give it a function test. Went to pull back the foreend and it doesnt budge. The guy makes some smart ass comment bout me not being strong enough to pull it back. Another customer who is there comes over to see the issue. He also has the exact same issue. The foreend doesnt budge. Its like the action is caught on something. So the guy who works(and i assume owns the place) says he'll take it apart and see what the issue is and give me a call. Thursday no call, friday no call, saturday no call. So I stopped today after work and he says "oh... I have to send it back to mossberg for them to fix it, I dont know whats wrong with it." So I asked how log it would be and he said 2 weeks. So I've now gone from the 2nd till now the 28th before I'll see my shotgun. This has been the worst customer service i have ever had. I understand issues with shipping and all but seriously no phone calls... and it takes him this long to fix the issues... Ill NEVER go back.

(Bucks County)

Default Re: G&G Outfitters in Feasterville

I have three words for you: Tanners, Tanners, Tanners !
    My personal experience with Clayton's is not much better than your experience with G&G Outfitters. Your mileage may vary, but you have been warned.

(Bucks County)

Sorry to hear your experience with them was so bad. I've bought two guns there with no problems. Both were in the store though.

They have a pretty good selection of weird and random stuff and it is a good pit stop for guys who are already going to Surplus City.

-Zach

(Bucks County)

i live in warminster. my first purchase was with tanners many years ago. bought a remington 700bdl .243 and a glock 36 had good service both times. Bought my current xd from quinby's on 313 great service and because im an EMT in the area they actually gave me a discount. My gfs's dad shops at tanners soo much that they know him by name. Looks like from now im gonna stop at tanners. only reason i didnt go with them in the first place is they said it would take a week and a half and G&G said 2 days.... still woulda been quicker.

(Bucks County)

two days compared to it taking a week and a half for everyone else would have raised a red flag because most shops get their firearms from the same distributors plus long guns always ship by ground so unless it was shipping from NJ 2 days was a little far fetched. so far as the shotgun being defective i don't think you can fault the shop but it should have been returned the next day. i've been in G&G and felt comfortable and welcome but i have never purchased anything there because surplus city, tanners and classic pistol get first shot at all my purchases.

(Bucks County)

I don't fault them for it being damaged. I fault them for the lack of phone calls and waiting a long to return it.

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by XDOWNER View Post
    I don't fault them for it being damaged. I fault them for the lack of phone calls and waiting a long to return it.

I have to agree, It takes less than 30 seconds to make a call. It's beyond me that a dealer would risk a paying customer by not taking a few seconds to make the call. Even if it's bad news. A phone call with bad news is light-years ahead of no phone call at all. I recently ordered a rifle from Dicks (I know, I know but I'm still a bit of a newbie to gun ownership) when I stopped by to check the status of my order I was told that there may be a problem with availability even though I was told it was in stock at their distributor. I was promised a phone call no later than noon of that day with an updated status. I never got a call. The next day I canceled the order never to return.

Long story but I paid - in full- for a 1100 end of May 2014 and after several promises that the gun would be delivered by a given date as of 10/1/2014 no gun. He also said he would refund my money - no money yet either. I have been forced to contact a lawyer to get this resolved. I am in NY (thank you for your condolences) and there is a Youth hunt season on 10/11-13/2014 and this guy has promised over and over again I will have the gun. Now I have to pay another shop to try and get the gun before the season. You can decide to deal with this guy. He says he is moving so if anyone knows the new address please let me know so I can relay to the lawyer. Thanks for any help, MrNRA

West Side of river from Wilkes-Barre, Pennsylvania
    (Luzerne County)

I'm just going to throw this out there.....

Did you push the release tab in front of the trigger guard?

On a closed chamber with the trigger cocked, the action won't open unless that tab is pressed.

If you pull the trigger on a closed chamber(gun safety rules apply), it will release.
    With great power comes great responsibility....

(Monroe County)

I'm just going to throw this out there.....

Did you just ask the guy who hasn't posted in the 6 years after posting this bitching a question?
    Owner Trigger Time LLc 01 FFL/NFA Saylorsburg, PA. Sales/Service/Transfers/Training
    NRA CRSO/Pistol/Rifle/Shotgun inst. BSA Rifle/Shotgun Merit badge counselor. US Navy Marksmanship Team Staff

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast