Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Stores/Ranges nearest to Yardley (Bucks Co.)

Looks like I'm taking a job in Jersey but am staying in Yardley PA (Bucks co.) during the week (because Jersey just plain sucks for anything having to do with guns).

Closest ranges? Preferably those that don't close at 5PM on weekdays?

Thanks guys.

Default Re: Stores/Ranges nearest to Yardley (Bucks Co.)

Quote Originally Posted by whatshappeninman View Post
    Closest ranges? Preferably those that don't close at 5PM on weekdays?
    The closest two ranges that I can think of are Ready, Aim, Fire in Bristol, PA (15-20 minutes), and Classic Pistol in Southampton, PA (25-30 minutes). Both have good reputations, but I'm only personally familiar with Classic. I'm a member there and a big fan. I'm sure there are folks here who are members at RAF who can tell you about.

Quote Originally Posted by FNG19 View Post
    The closest two ranges that I can think of are Ready, Aim, Fire in Bristol, PA (15-20 minutes), and Classic Pistol in Southampton, PA (25-30 minutes). Both have good reputations, but I'm only personally familiar with Classic. I'm a member there and a big fan. I'm sure there are folks here who are members at RAF who can tell you about.
    Thanks, man. Do you know if memberships are available? Can you use the range there without one (at least once)?

Thanks, man. Do you know if memberships are available? Can you use the range there without one (at least once)?
    I know Classic has memberships, and I believe RAF does, too. Classic will let you shoot without a membership. I believe the rate is $15/hr, but don't quote me on that. I don't know about RAF, though.

(Bucks County)

whats happenin?

I live in Yardley and either go to Classic Pistol or Langhorne Rod and Gun Club. Classic Pistol is First Class and well worth the drive. Langhorne is a private club that has a short and long range.

If you value your life don't bother with Ready Aim Fire. It is only 10 minutes from Yardley, but they do not care about range rules. Too many wanna bes in there.
    "The more people I meet, the more I like my dog."

Quote Originally Posted by theo View Post
    whats happenin?

I live in Yardley and either go to Classic Pistol or Langhorne Rod and Gun Club. Classic Pistol is First Class and well worth the drive. Langhorne is a private club that has a short and long range.

If you value your life don't bother with Ready Aim Fire. It is only 10 minutes from Yardley, but they do not care about range rules. Too many wanna bes in there.
    I have been a member of RAF for 2 years now and have only seen one unsafe act there. There were a couple of guys a few lanes down from me that were trying out different firearms. One of them kept his in his hand and was standing behind the firing line. An employee saw this and promptly came out and kicked the guy out.
    I have not seen anyone lose their life there, get injured, or even heard about any. Although I have only been there a few hundred times I can not say it has never happened, just maybe I am just lucky on the days I go.
    Yes, they do have memberships available but you do not have to have one to use the range or to rent firearms

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Driver400 View Post
    I have been a member of RAF for 2 years now and have only seen one unsafe act there. There were a couple of guys a few lanes down from me that were trying out different firearms. One of them kept his in his hand and was standing behind the firing line. An employee saw this and promptly came out and kicked the guy out.
    I have not seen anyone lose their life there, get injured, or even heard about any. Although I have only been there a few hundred times I can not say it has never happened, just maybe I am just lucky on the days I go.
    Yes, they do have memberships available but you do not have to have one to use the range or to rent firearms

Glad it is good for you.

Well I can say it happened. Was shooting there with my son and the place was loaded with kids renting guns. They were pointing the muzzles in all directions, and the staff did not say a thing, We walked out never to go back again, Ashame as it is only 10 minutes from home. I'll go where the range is run professionaly and I don't have to worry about wannabes.
    "The more people I meet, the more I like my dog."

(Bucks County)

Classic Pistol is top rate, plus you can fire rifle INDOORS, up to .308 caliber. State of the art sound deadening as well as ballistic protection between lanes.
    Non-member rates are 20.00/hour for rifle/pistol and 15.00/hour for pistol only.

Just make sure that you case your rifles. They are also a Class 3 dealer, plus will rent full autos.

Thanks for the info guys. Probably will at least have a peek at RAF because it is faster and easier to get to. I'm only in this area during the weekdays, so schlep time matters.

If the place seems unsafe though, I guess I'll have to go to Classic Pistol (probably less frequently).

Looking for a shoulder holster for a .40 XD SubCompact - either of these stores a good place to shop for that kind of stuff? Probably Classic Pistol is better?

-w

Looking for a shoulder holster for a .40 XD SubCompact - either of these stores a good place to shop for that kind of stuff? Probably Classic Pistol is better?
    In general, I'd say Classic has a better selection, but that's based on exactly one visit to RAF. I have nothing against RAF, I just haven't had a reason to go back there. Best bet is to call them both and see if they have what you're looking for. If they don't, maybe they'll order it for you.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast