Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (York County)

Default Sig 239 SAS - .40 S&W

I am a die hard Beretta fan...I always have been ever since my first real experience in the Coast Guard and my faithful M9 which I carried for the many years I was in.
    So it came as a bit of a surprise to me when I spied a Sig Sauer P239 SAS (Sig Anti-Snag) with a stainless slide and wooded grips and it really appealed to me. It fit my hand very well...came with 3 (allbeit low capacity at 7rds) magazines and looks to have been unfired but was in the 'used' cabinet at a local shop.
    My first impressions are that it has exceptional fit and finish. The slide racks as if it is on ball bearings. The SAS treatment rounds off all the edges on the slide and the hammer is spurless which will make carrying this piece very nice.
    I cannot wait to get it out to the range tomorrow and put some rounds thru it! Will be sure to put out a good range report once she has digested some ammo!

John

(Delaware County)

Default Re: Sig 239 SAS - .40 S&W

Nice pick-up, me thinks your gonna likey. One thing I had to get used to, after shooting Glocks and Berettas a lot, was Sig higher bore axis. The gun sits higher in my hand so, for me at least, muzzle flip was a little harder to control. That being said, it is well worth getting used to for such a high quality pistol!!

(Montgomery County)

The P239 is a great CCW. The single stack mag makes concealing it very easy. It's just big enough (along with the mag extension for your little finger) to shot easily and accurately.

The DAK (double action only) trigger might need some getting used to. If you shoot revolvers well, you'll like the DAK trigger right away. The trigger is very much like that of a good S&W wheel gun. If you aren't used to shooting a wheel gun, don't give up on the DAK trigger too soon. It'll take a good 200 -300 rounds for you to get to master it.

Good luck with it!

Bye for a while, guard the fort. - My Dad

(Armstrong County)

Your gonna love it! I have a 239 DAK in 9mm and it's my primary carry gun now when I don't go formal, then it's a 220 ..............
    The original point and click interface was a Colt Peacemaker!

Good choice. It shoots like a dream.

I love my 9mm 239 for CC. I'd be curious to know how you like it in .40.
    The 239's only drawbck is the low cap mags, but I can be sure that every one of my 8+1 rds are going exactly where I want them to.

(Bucks County)

Smile Re: Sig 239 SAS - .40 S&W

Agree with other posters. Mine in .40 has been 100% reliable through several hundred rounds, very accurate, easy to strip. Also like the decocking lever. It is a bit flippy on the muzzle, but a pair of Hogue grips fixed that.