Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default OC Experience Negative turned Positive

I just wanted to share with you what happened this morning. Let me preface this by saying I was not OC'ing and I wont be until I get some extra cash. My firearms were stolen in California during a residential break-in (I was not home at the time or he would have not had the chance to steal them). With that being said...

I went to a local convenience store this morning and as I was getting out of my vehicle, a man (V1) who was OC'ing was also heading into the store. As I approached him to give him my gratitude, another man (S1)came up and started yelling at him. S1 was telling him that what he was doing was illegal and should be arrested. I should mention now that S1 had on a uniform like I used to wear at the police department in California, Black BDU's, UnderArmour shirt and polished boots. As I was watching, he continued to rant about getting arrested and he was calling the police for causing a disturbace. V1 was agreeing with S1 and even started apologizing and started to take his firearm out of his holster to put it in his car. I stepped in and told V1 that he wasnt doing anything illegal and Pa was an open carry state and he should continue to carry. As soon as I made that comment S1 started in on me for defending illegal activities. Ignoring S1, I handed the flyer to V1 and told him about this website. He walked towards the door and I took position behind him. Needless to say we struck up a conversation about OC'ing and the reason why he was going to put his firearm away was he remembered being told by a LEO in Adams county that he could be arrested for OC'ing. After setting the record straight we both walked out and low and behold guess what was waiting for us...a PSP officer ( I found out later that he was coming to get coffee and got flagged down). He looked at both of us but ignored V1 and came right to me. He asked very politely if there was a problem and I told him there wasnt but went on to explain what happened. He turned to S1 and continued to lecture him that Pa was an open carry state and what V1 was doing was perfectly legal. He even said he wished more people would OC, not only would it make his job easier, but would make everyone more polite towards each other. He asked if S1 was a LEO and he said that he was a security guard. The LEO said that he should learn the law before accusing someone of breaking it. S1 just dropped his jaw, waited for the LEO to finish, apologized for not knowing and walked away after I gave him a flyer.

Kudos to the LEO for knowing the law and supporting our rights.

Walt

(Lehigh County)

Default Re: OC Experience Negative turned Positive

Mall Ninjas are everywhere.
    When you are called a racist, it just means you won an argument with an Obama supporter.

(York County)

You just made my whole month! Welcome to PAFOA!

While many claim to support the right, precious few support the practice.

(Dauphin County)

Nicely done! It seems like you handled things well and ended up educating 2 individuals in the process.

Rep sent
    Manus Haec Inimica Tyrannis

(Monroe County)

Well done to you and to PSP as well. The officer could have had a whole different tone to him.

(Franklin County)

This isn't a thread. It's an adventure!

Great going and thanks for helping out a fellow OC'er as well as educating a Gomer.

(York County)

That , my friend , was a great story!!!!

(Northampton County)

Did you ask him why he was OCing if he thought it was illegal?

Wow, that's a whole lot of things that never happened to me. That all happened at the same time in the same place. I've never even seen a random OC (in the last decade) let alone see a person get hassled over it, let alone #2 by a mall ninja. And then have the cops come! It's mind blowing. I'd love it if somebody could confirm this but I'll give you the benefit of the doubt. That is a great story and you did a great job as well.

(Centre County)

That had all the parts of a great story! Suspense, intrigue, a shocking twist, and a good resolution.

Brilliant.

(Franklin County)

Since I'm in Chambersburg too, I'm very curious about this. Can you give more specific info on where this happened, and a general description of V1?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast