Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Monroe County)

Default Fathers new pup mauled by bear last week.

My dads friend was at his house to let the dog out while he was at work.
    Next thing he knows there was a big black bear on top of the dog eating it alive, I guess he scared the bear off some how.

The dog is just shy of 3 months old, terrier. The pup spent the last few days at the vet in intensive care. The bear almost ripped its leg clear off, I guess she's ok now, I haven't been able to see her since the accident.
    Quote Originally Posted by headcase View Post
    let them eventually bring the FBI to kill my wife and son over fucking chickens....

(Carbon County)

Default Re: Fathers new pup mauled by bear last week.

That's crazy, I just had a bear in my yard again last week while my wife was outside with our dogs after she got home from work. She usually gets home around midnight and was out walking around with our dogs when she heard something rustling with the garbage cans. I go outside and drive along my drive way and there is a big black bear coming towards our house and my wife. I fly back and yell at her to take the dogs inside. 2 mins later the bear goes walking through my yard where my wife and dogs were. I was worried about something like this happening. Hope the dog makes a full recovery.
    If zombies start chasing us, I'm going to trip you!

(Monroe County)

Thanks Jim. It's a pretty cruddy situation. I just met the pup a few weeks ago for the first time and she was running around full speed in my yard enjoying life, then something like this happens :/
    Quote Originally Posted by headcase View Post
    let them eventually bring the FBI to kill my wife and son over fucking chickens....

(Bucks County)

You guys have to get with your local govt and try and stop all the building going on. All of the wildlife is being pushed out of the local habitat and it wont be long until someone gets attacked. The deal with the dog sucks for sure, but it could easily have been someones kid.

We have a cabin in pike county and we have seen more bears the last two years than we have in the last 20yrs combined. I dont even go for the O House in the night without taking a slug gun anymore. Id hate to have to shoot one, but I dont want to end up dinner either.

(Bucks County)

I'm looking for a new spot to hunt for bears this year. I'd be glad to help you all out. I'm just trying to be helpful, 'cause that's how I was raised.

(Carbon County)

I posted a couple of months ago about the bear opening my porch door and coming halfway onto my back porch, and now this past week it was back in the trash and walking towards my wife and dogs, you are more then welcome to hunt on my property. We have about 8 acres on the back of a mountain for you to help out. If you want I will pm you my address, but I live in Carbon County, so it may be a little bit of a hike for you. Up to you.

Jim

Quote Originally Posted by AxiTech View Post
    I'm looking for a new spot to hunt for bears this year. I'd be glad to help you all out. I'm just trying to be helpful, 'cause that's how I was raised.
    If zombies start chasing us, I'm going to trip you!

(Allegheny County)

That's a damned shame. I don't know what else to say. Wow.
    I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!

Quote Originally Posted by RaisedByWolves View Post
    You guys have to get with your local govt and try and stop all the building going on. All of the wildlife is being pushed out of the local habitat and it wont be long until someone gets attacked. The deal with the dog sucks for sure, but it could easily have been someones kid.

We have a cabin in pike county and we have seen more bears the last two years than we have in the last 20yrs combined. I dont even go for the O House in the night without taking a slug gun anymore. Id hate to have to shoot one, but I dont want to end up dinner either.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

This is the problem, tell the interlopers to fix their problems, don't create problems for us..........

Quote Originally Posted by RaisedByWolves View Post

Not to start a feud or anything, but what will people do for jobs when you stop all this building? Any Idea what the builders and construction workers should do after you stop building? I know it sounds like a good idea but there's ways to build without just uprooting every tree and paving everything in sight. There certainly should be some better planning by the planning boards. Lands should also be dedicated for wildlife as well without being touched. I don't know what the answer is, over building is not the answer but neither is to stop building.

(Westmoreland County)

That's a tough puppy! I'm shocked the little pup lived through it. Scrappy doo look out.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast