Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Two Nabbed After Another Home Invasion in Upper Darby

Interesting situation with some feral youths : two bad guys*, one w/ shotgun and one w/ pistol, at 3AM. Range is hot, go.

Two Nabbed After Another Home Invasion in Upper Darby
    by KYW's Al Novack
    Posted: Wednesday, 09 September 2009 9:43AM

Upper Darby Township police have two men in custody and were continuing to search for a third in connection with an early morning home invasion on Wednesday.

The two under arrest may be linked to home invasion in the township's Drexel Hill section on Labor Day (see related story).

The latest home invasion took pplace around 3am along the 2900 block of Marshall Road, according to police superintendant Michael Chitwood:

"Three men went in through an open front window. Two were armed with guns -- one had a shotgun, one had a handgun."

Seven residents were held hostage at gunpoint.

Another resident who was in the basement heard the commotion, grabbed a phone and called police, who arrived on the scene and became involved in a foot chase with the suspects.

Two were apprehended. Both are from Philadelphia; one is 16, the other is 22.

The hunt was continuing for the third suspect. Chitwood says the two suspects in custody may be responsible for as many as 10 area home invasions in the city and suburbs.

The good news no one was hurt in the latest incident.

* This assumes the third bad guy was the driver, waiting outside.
    Last edited by Story; September 9th, 2009 at 02:01 PM.

(Philadelphia County)

Default Re: Two Nabbed After Another Home Invasion in Upper Darby

cut their hands.

Short, or long sleeve. Leave them the choice.
    ==============
    “If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquillity of servitude than the animating contest of freedom, — go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen!”
    ~Samuel Adams

"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it."
    ~Thomas Jefferson, 1791

(Delaware County)

This is starting to happen way too much in the burbs just outside of Philly. The criminals who usually live in Philly come out to the burbs where a lot of people(not me) still leave their cars and homes unlocked. They then do their deed then flee back to the "hood". Being born and raised in Philly I tell my neighbors the stuff you see on the news will happen here and it is.
    In their hearts humans plan their course, but the LORD establishes their steps.

Jonelle Tomosky thought she was going to die.

Early yesterday morning, she said, a 16-year-old boy climbed into her parents' Drexel Hill home through the bay window and stood over her with a revolver in his hand. He told her to lie on her stomach.

Tomosky, 23, who is seven months pregnant, got on top of her 5-year-old daughter, hoping that her body would stop the bullet.

"I thought there was a good chance he was going to kill me," she said.

The teenage gunman, identified by Upper Darby police as Nasir Cameron, didn't pull the trigger. He just wanted the family's flat-screen TV and all the cash in the house, police said.

But Cameron and two alleged accomplices didn't get far. They were arrested following a foot pursuit after Tomosky used a cordless phone to call 9-1-1, and her sister ran to a neighbor's house for help while the home invasion was still under way.

Police said that Cameron was being charged as an adult with robbery, assault and related offenses, along with John Wade and Keith Morris, both 22. Police said they broke into the Marshall Road home about 3 a.m., armed with a sawed-off shotgun, a handgun and a knife.

All three are from Philadelphia.

http://www.philly.com/dailynews/loca..._invasion.html

(Centre County)

Quote Originally Posted by JIMMYC308 View Post
    This is starting to happen way too much in the burbs just outside of Philly. The criminals who usually live in Philly come out to the burbs where a lot of people(not me) still leave their cars and homes unlocked. They then do their deed then flee back to the "hood". Being born and raised in Philly I tell my neighbors the stuff you see on the news will happen here and it is.
    And it's only going to get worse as far as I'm concerned. I want out of Delco bad.

(Delaware County)

Irony of the situation is that there is no longer any stocking dealers left in Upper Darby to experience the increased traffic due to the recent occupied home invasions. Where is Joffe's, Llanerch, and Lou's when you need them??

i remember joffe's, bought a chinese sks unissued matching numbers 350.00 (still have it) ok, back on topic, and my wife wonders why i carry, in the house too.
    FJB

(Delaware County)

My wife used to ask "do you need to have that thing on in the house". Of course I just ignored the question. She never really nagged or made a big deal out of it but she didn't like to bump into my handgun when we were in the kitchen cooking together and such. She doesn't seem to say much anymore regarding the issue. There have been several prowler / home invassion issues in Upper Darby / Drexel Hill in the last several months. This home invasion happened about 4 blocks from our home. That is just to damn close.

This type of thing also makes us miss our 105lbs German Shepard Dog even more. She past in July. She was a great friend and a terrific alarm and protector. The alarm system is nice but she would have barked before the door was ever hit.

There also was an attempted child luring / abduction in the community this week. I have not seen this story in the news but I have the story from an Upper Darby LEO. This was a classic -- hey can you help me find my lost dog attempt on a couple of young children.

(Delaware County)

This town ain't what it used to be, happened not too far from me. The bad thing is they are not even waiting for the residents to leave to raid an empty house. was there evidence that the house was targeted, i believe it was said that the older couples house was.

i guess im going to start sleeping with the heat at night never did it before, times are changin!!!
    FJB

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast