Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Default Re: Smith and Wesson Sigma

Quote Originally Posted by lloyd329 View Post
    I just bought a used Sigma 9 mm for $220. Good deal?
    Yes. They're new on BudsGunShop.com for $344 shipped right now. I've seen them in local shops around PA for up to $379 plus tax/PICS.

(Perry County)

I bought mine at Knisleys in Mount Joy PA on the first day of their big sale on Friday. It was marked $230 with a $10 discount.

Very reasonable priced gun all I've heard is good things about it minus trigger. In my personal examination of the Sigma. I thought it lack the attention to detail of the steel S&W autos and though at the time it was reputed to be a S&W Glock. I always seemed to buy Glock after doing side by sides comparisons.

I know people who shoot Sigmas and they are very pleased with the gun and it seems to be one of the better bargains out there $260 - $320, pending where you buy.

I would say that the M&P is an upgrade from the Sigma, in S&W ploymer semis.

This is an old thread, but I wanted to post my own personal experience with my Sigma 40S&W (2009 manufacture). I love this gun, it does have a bit of a gritty trigger, but mine was much smoother after a couple hundred rounds. People complain about the trigger pull, but that is part of the safety, and is not a big deal. My only addition will be some type of glow-in-the-dark sights. All told, this is a great gun at a great price.

(Allegheny County)

The SW9VE is my second gun and my first semi. First was Grandfathers Colt .357.

I got it because it was a price point gun and I had only done minimal research. At the time it also had a $50 rebate AND two extra mags. It was way easier of a trigger pull than the Colt in DA, not so much vs the Colt in SA.

But I had nothing really to compare it to. The only other autos I had shot was my dad's Gen I Glock 17 (this one had a light trigger pull up to a point then it got heavier it was not the same all the way through).

I practiced with it allot and I can produce 6" groups slow fire and 12" groups simulating defensive fire at 12 yards.

I used to be an avid defender of the firearm until I got my hands on newer Glocks, XD's, CZ's, 1911's and other guns like the Bersa 380 and Walther PPS.

While my groupings with the Sigma where good enough for defensive work I was instantly more accurate with the above firearms.

My other gripe with the Sigma is its proprietary rail adapter.

It has been reliable. I have only had a few jams with it. All where early on, All where with re-manufactured ammo and a couple can be contributed to limp wristing while shooting offhand. This is in at least 3000 rounds from about 2007.

If you get a great deal get one I say get it. Because if you can learn to be accurate with it you can be accurate with anything. But be known that accessories will be a hassle.
    Last edited by QuackXP; November 23rd, 2010 at 08:27 PM.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345