Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
    (Fayette County)

Default City police must not like OC

Last night me and my girl friend stop at the sonoco at the corner of fayette and morgantown street in uniontown last night, she went in ahead of me and i walked in as i finished my cigarette.

i walked straight back to the cooler to get a drink and she was already standing at the register getting her stuff and there was 3 uniformed city police atanding around drinking coffee like always ( not getting into that one right now )

and from what my girl friend said the female cop ( there was 2 male and one female ) said in a pretty sarcastic way " wow i bet he feels cool because he has a gun " and one of the other cops said " yeah its pretty scary that people can just walk around with guns like that "

i think its really fucked up that police criticize people for exercizing a right that is givin to them as american citizens.

about 2 weeks ago i was at the same gas station get gas and this that and the other when a city police officer aproached me and asked if me carring a gun OC was necessary. i replied back that PA was a open carry state and that i was just exercizing one of my rights and he suggested that i cover it up with my t-shirt to which i replyed that PA is a open carry state he said that its not the wild west and i dont need to carry like that. i just politely replied back that PA is a open carry state and that im sure im within my legal right to OC. he just got pissed off and said you have a nice night and sped off like a nut.

My dad tells me i should just CC but why should i just lay down and let my rights get walked all over like that???

sorry for the rambleing, i just had to vent, does anyone one here know what can be done about these officers harrasing me, im sure im not the only one that gets it. i play on getting a recorder ASAP. but even if i get it on tape what the hell can i do with it? all they are gona get is a slap on the wrist and have it out for me the next time they see me. any suggestions?

(Armstrong County)

Default Re: City police must not like OC

Quote Originally Posted by randyc187 View Post
    Last night me and my girl friend stop at the sonoco at the corner of fayette and morgantown street in uniontown last night, she went in ahead of me and i walked in as i finished my cigarette.

i walked straight back to the cooler to get a drink and she was already standing at the register getting her stuff and there was 3 uniformed city police atanding around drinking coffee like always ( not getting into that one right now )

and from what my girl friend said the female cop ( there was 2 male and one female ) said in a pretty sarcastic way " wow i bet he feels cool because he has a gun " and one of the other cops said " yeah its pretty scary that people can just walk around with guns like that "

i think its really fucked up that police criticize people for exercizing a right that is givin to them as american citizens.

about 2 weeks ago i was at the same gas station get gas and this that and the other when a city police officer aproached me and asked if me carring a gun OC was necessary. i replied back that PA was a open carry state and that i was just exercizing one of my rights and he suggested that i cover it up with my t-shirt to which i replyed that PA is a open carry state he said that its not the wild west and i dont need to carry like that. i just politely replied back that PA is a open carry state and that im sure im within my legal right to OC. he just got pissed off and said you have a nice night and sped off like a nut.

My dad tells me i should just CC but why should i just lay down and let my rights get walked all over like that???

sorry for the rambleing, i just had to vent, does anyone one here know what can be done about these officers harrasing me, im sure im not the only one that gets it. i play on getting a recorder ASAP. but even if i get it on tape what the hell can i do with it? all they are gona get is a slap on the wrist and have it out for me the next time they see me. any suggestions?
    Learn to live with it.
    They can make all the comments they want, Remember the 1st Amendment is valid also. I usually just laugh at them because I know they can't do a damn thing about it unless they want a nice big Civil Rights lawsuit.

An Open Carry Activist and 1 of the 3%
    Ed Stephan
    FeedBack: https://forum.pafoa.org/showthread.p...ight=edstephan
    http://forum.pafoa.org/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3790&dateline=1331561  797An OathKeeper and OC Activist, 1 of the 3%, Ed Stephan

(Berks County)

The only thing that is going to make them shut their pie holes is to have complaint after complaint filed against them. If the chief doesn't do anything remember that the PSP has to investigate all complaints against cops.

(Clinton County)

The next time that happens get their names and their badge numbers and then call their Sergeant and ask to file a demeanor complaint(make sure you word it exactly like that) against the officer(s). This will force an investigation into the incident and if they are found in the wrong they will receive a reprimand that goes onto their record.

I encourage anyone that has a negative experience with a LEO whether it concerns OC or not to do this.

(Fayette County)

Quote Originally Posted by t1m0thy View Post
    The next time that happens get their names and their badge numbers and then call their Sergeant and ask to file a demeanor complaint(make sure you word it exactly like that) against the officer(s). This will force an investigation into the incident and if they are found in the wrong they will receive a reprimand that goes onto their record.

I encourage anyone that has a negative experience with a LEO whether it concerns OC or not to do this.
    thank you, i dont think it is right that they think they can " get away with it " just because they are police officers

(Perry County)

Quote Originally Posted by pacrimescode5904 View Post
    The only thing that is going to make them shut their pie holes is to have complaint after complaint filed against them. If the chief doesn't do anything remember that the PSP has to investigate all complaints against cops.
    No, that's not true.

(Northampton County)

The cop that tried to intimidate you, not really cool. He was a dick. Not sure it's harrassment unless he's dogging you repeatedly but I wasn't there. The others, they are allowed to think and even say most of what they want like most people.

PRMD,just a hair south of PA at York co, Maryland

If they only do it once per officer, then I'd just let it go, but if the same officer or officers keep verbally harrassing you over it time and time again, then I'd be up for filing a complaint.

Having it happen here and there with different officers...just laugh at having a "fan club". And keep OCing, never let a bully make you give in to their BS.
    LOL, I am a woman...

(Luzerne County)

Quote Originally Posted by randyc187 View Post
    and one of the other cops said " yeah its pretty scary that people can just walk around with guns like that "
    I would have replied, it's even scarier that they allow unqualified and unprofessional people on the police force.

All you need to say to the officer is that he is paid to enforce the law as it is written, not his opinion on what it should be. He (or she) will get the message.

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast