Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default An unexpected OC around the Allentown Fair

Well we hit the gun show today in Allentown, followed by a great OC lunch with FNG19, Ungawa and Thelemite at the Starlite Diner (did have a nice encounter outside there waiting for the rest to show up, a biker and his wife walking in spotted the Glock in Desantis holster and said "nice tactical", then wanted to know who made the holster etc etc ... really nice guy.)

But Tootie is on the hunt for a new "handmade bath and body soap" person (had a major falling out with ours) so I suggested the farmer's market in Allentown and off we went.

As we got close to the fairgrounds I started to notice a LOT of cars parked on the streets and signs saying 'fair parking' ... oh SHIT the fair is going on. At first I was going to say screw it but we finally decided to pay the parking and the entrance fee and walk around in search of the illusive 'soap person'

Through the entrance gates, not a word said about the Glock on my hip, off through the myriad of food vendors (Jeez how many funnel cake and hot dog stands do you need) ... through the entire farmer's market building and out the other end, walked past 4 or 5 security types and even one Allentown cop as we walked to the opposite end of where we started (ag Hall end). Turned around and walked all the way through the farmer's market building and then around the outside vendors on that side.

Still no damn soap so we ventured into Ag Hall and around the entire indoor thing .. STILL NO GOD DAMNED SOAP!

(but also, not one comment, not one funny look, no screams of "GUN" nor even the slightest whimper from a child.

Back around the outside vendors and towards where we came in. Allentown cop guarding the car exit as we walked out ... don't know if he saw but nothing was said.

So I want to know why I can walk the entire length of this thing with nothing said and others can burp without a police presence? Is it me?

Oh and I did have another OC 'event' today in Stroudsburg but that is going to be the subject of a rant tomorrow (been bothering me ever since it happened) ... stay tuned, too late tonight, too many cocktails and I have a gorgeous red head sitting across from me (you do the math)
    Last edited by dc dalton; September 5th, 2009 at 09:43 PM.

(Northampton County)

Default Re: An unexpected OC around the Allentown Fair

Yeah, it was good seeing you again and a great time had by all. More importantly, need more of that chili that's so high in demand

Lehigh Valley is a non-issue nowadays. I go everywhere many times a week. I'm sure somebody will run into a jerk once in a while with all of us out there, but it's not even something I ever think about. It's routine.

One thing I am not sure everybody caught. When we went into Starlite we passed a black woman with two lovely daughters in the foyer. I was the only one showing her strong side, and the closest one to her, and she exclaimed, "Oh my God!" in a hushed tone.

(Monroe County)

Finally, an fair OP thread, I was waiting to see who was going to do it.
    I only CC'ed it. I hit a few of the rides and it stayed put nicely.
    Owner Trigger Time LLc 01 FFL/NFA Saylorsburg, PA. Sales/Service/Transfers/Training
    NRA CRSO/Pistol/Rifle/Shotgun inst. BSA Rifle/Shotgun Merit badge counselor. US Navy Marksmanship Team Staff

(Lehigh County)

I didn't even know the fair was going on... do they have funnel cakes??
    Any mission, any conditions, any foe at any range.
    Twice the mayhem, triple the force.
    Ten times the action, total hardcore.

Quote Originally Posted by ungawa View Post
    One thing I am not sure everybody caught. When we went into Starlite we passed a black woman with two lovely daughters in the foyer. I was the only one showing her strong side, and the closest one to her, and she exclaimed, "Oh my God!" in a hushed tone.
    It was Dave's new haircut. This was the first time she saw him since The Great Hair Chop Of 2009.

Quote Originally Posted by General Geoff View Post
    I didn't even know the fair was going on... do they have funnel cakes??
    Those funnel cakes rule. Best I ever had at any fair.

(Lehigh County)

Quote Originally Posted by dc dalton View Post
    Well we hit the gun show today in Allentown, followed by a great OC lunch with FNG19, Ungawa and Thelemite at the Starlite Diner (did have a nice encounter outside there waiting for the rest to show up, a biker and his wife walking in spotted the Glock in Desantis holster and said "nice tactical", then wanted to know who made the holster etc etc ... really nice guy.)

But Tootie is on the hunt for a new "handmade bath and body soap" person (had a major falling out with ours) so I suggested the farmer's market in Allentown and off we went.

As we got close to the fairgrounds I started to notice a LOT of cars parked on the streets and signs saying 'fair parking' ... oh SHIT the fair is going on. At first I was going to say screw it but we finally decided to pay the parking and the entrance fee and walk around in search of the illusive 'soap person'

Through the entrance gates, not a word said about the Glock on my hip, off through the myriad of food vendors (Jeez how many funnel cake and hot dog stands do you need) ... through the entire farmer's market building and out the other end, walked past 4 or 5 security types and even one Allentown cop as we walked to the opposite end of where we started (ag Hall end). Turned around and walked all the way through the farmer's market building and then around the outside vendors on that side.

Still no damn soap so we ventured into Ag Hall and around the entire indoor thing .. STILL NO GOD DAMNED SOAP!

(but also, not one comment, not one funny look, no screams of "GUN" nor even the slightest whimper from a child.

Back around the outside vendors and towards where we came in. Allentown cop guarding the car exit as we walked out ... don't know if he saw but nothing was said.

So I want to know why I can walk the entire length of this thing with nothing said and others can burp without a police presence? Is it me?

Oh and I did have another OC 'event' today in Stroudsburg but that is going to be the subject of a rant tomorrow (been bothering me ever since it happened) ... stay tuned, too late tonight, too many cocktails and I have a gorgeous red head sitting across from me (you do the math)
    You're gonna ruin it for everybody. Think of the children. [Sarcasm]
    When you are called a racist, it just means you won an argument with an Obama supporter.

(Monroe County)

Quote Originally Posted by ungawa View Post
    Yeah, it was good seeing you again and a great time had by all. More importantly, need more of that chili that's so high in demand

Lehigh Valley is a non-issue nowadays. I go everywhere many times a week. I'm sure somebody will run into a jerk once in a while with all of us out there, but it's not even something I ever think about. It's routine.

I'm sorry but the best was the lady at the OMG gun show. She couldn't cram herself any closer to that wall as we passed by her. I mean really, it's a gun show lady, there's guns there and so what if 1 or 2 or 50 are strapped on someones hip. Gave me and FNG a good laugh.
    Last edited by Tootie; September 6th, 2009 at 09:02 AM.

(Indiana County)

too late tonight, too many cocktails and I have a gorgeous red head sitting across from me (you do the math
    That's easy. You're thirty-eight (meaning you're over the hill), you're past your bedtime, you've had too much to drink, and your alcohol-befuddled head is convincing you that you can do what the alcohol is telling your "other head" that no one is standing up and saluting anyone tonight.

(Monroe County)

Quote Originally Posted by Statkowski View Post
    That's easy. You're thirty-eight (meaning you're over the hill), you're past your bedtime, you've had too much to drink, and your alcohol-befuddled head is convincing you that you can do what the alcohol is telling your "other head" that no one is standing up and saluting anyone tonight.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast