Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Berks County)

Talking Bought my first shotgun

Wednesday after work I went to Gun Traders on Rt.61. I was trying to choose between a Mossberg 500AB or Mossberg/Maverick 88 that they had, both were 5+1, had removable chokes, and both had 28" barrels. The 88 was all black and the 500 had wooden furniture, the 88 was $20 more but looked brand new especially compared to the pretty worn 500. There was nothing really wrong with the 500 but it was definitely a lot older and probably saw its fair share of abuse, it also had a terrible recoil pad. The 88 on the other hand had this thick substantial pad. So I paid $158 otd for a lightly used 88 which the place guarantees that if anything ever goes wrong it will be fixed or replaced at no cost. I thought it was a very good deal. They had a bunch of used shotguns there, they had some Ithica's, more Mossbergs, a Winchester 1300(discontinued), a Savage, and a few other pumps plus some Remington Semi's. Don't forget the over unders and side by sides too. All at a good price but I was looking for a pump and the 88 seemed like the ticket. Now I just got to get an 18.5" barrel for HD. I also haven't shot it yet, I hope to do it soon because I'm very anxious to try it out.
    So ya, Thought ya, Might like to Go to the show

(Dauphin County)

Default Re: Bought my first shotgun

Sounds like you got a pretty sweet deal. I'll have to check that store out some day when i'm in the area. Congrats on your first purchase. Best home defense gun you can find is a shotgun. Load yourself up with some 00 buck shot and you'll be set to go.